PDA

View Full Version : Another Q3 Mod Bazooka quake

Fragetti
03-26-2003, 12:05 AM
Only 3.7 meg. I will setup the server so download it now and we will play tonight. :thumbs:

FilePlanet (Bazooka Quake) (http://www.fileplanet.com/section.aspx?s=78459&v=0)

meankeys@rcn.com (frag)

Remember to keep all these file in there own folder. put that folder in your C:/Program Files/Quake III Arena (default Install)
Backup your q3config file

Mod Info

-------------------------
Bazooka Quake 3 2.X FINAL
-------------------------

How to play
---------------------------
Unzip bq3-2_x-final.zip to your Quake 3 folder with "use folder names" enabled. It will create a BQ3 subdirectory and put the pak file there. Easy, eh? Now just type:

quake3.exe +set fs_game bq3

or run

bq3.bat

And you're in the game. You should be able to tell immediately if it's working or not.

BQ3 is a deathmatch modification that replaces all of the weapons with various types of rockets. In the most basic game you spawn with a rocket launcher that can fire any types of rockets you pick up, so there's no need to grab weapons. As soon as you have ammo, you can use it. See below for other game types.

Time to learn about your new arsenal:
Machinegun - the machinegun replaces the gauntlet. It has unlimited ammo, but isn't much more than an annoyance.
Bazooka - this is the basic rocket you spawn with. It's pretty weak, but has a decent fire rate and you won't usually need to worry about ammo. The speed and blast radius are identical to the standard Q3 rockets, so you shouldn't have any problems adapting.
Concussion missiles - the concussion missiles leave a trail of rippling air in their wake. The blast isn't especially powerful, but it's large and the knockback is incredible.
Shrapnel bomb - explodes into a mass of glowing-hot fragments when it hits anything.
RPG - A rocket-propelled grenade. It keeps accelerating until it hits something, and then it explodes into a large fireball. It doesn't fire quickly, but it does plenty of damage.
Rocket pods - fires bursts of 5 rockets. They're hardly accurate or powerful, but make up for it in quantity.
Laser-guided missiles - They can be steered after they are fired. Bear in mind that their turning radius is large, and if they can't see the laser pointer they'll fly in a straight line. However, the large explosive radius means than near-misses can be lethal as well.
Napalm - When the napalm rocket explodes, it throws several globs of quick-burning fuel which stick to nearby surfaces and burn merrily for a few seconds. Try not to be nearby while this happens.
Hellfire rocket - It's a large, slow-moving rocket that creates a huge fireball on impact that will almost undoubtedly kill anything in the blast radius. You only get one shot per pickup, though, so make sure you aim well...

New game modes/options
All these can be modified from the server startup menu. Much easier than cvars, no?

Standard/Classic
This is a toggle in the server setup menu. Standard mode replaces all weapons with the appropriate ammunition, and your weapon can automatically fire any kind of ammo you pick up. Classic, on the other hand, allows you to carry only one weapon at a time but replaces all ammo with generic "rockets" which can be used with any weapon. If you pick up a new weapon, you will drop the one you are holding.
Note that Weaponmaster and Weaponmaster EX modes will override this setting.

Scoring modes:
Standard - you get one frag per kill. I'm sure you've played some variant of this somewhere...
Last Man Standing - at the beginning of the match everyone receives (fraglimit) lives. When you are killed you lose a life, and if you kill yourself you lose two. When you have no lives left, you enter spectator mode. The game ends when time runs out or only one player is left
Soul Survivor - like last man standing, but with a few differences. When you kill someone they will drop their soul (a skull spinning in a golden orb) that you can pick up to gain a life. When time runs out the game enters sudden death mode - no one drops souls and all kills become final.
Survivor II - a combination of Last Man Standing and Soul Survivor. Rather than dead players dropping souls, you are granted a new life automatically when you make a kill to prevent soul-stealing. Goes into sudden death mode like Soul Survivor.
Escalation - high-stakes Quaking at its finest! You start with a stake of 0, and gain a stake of one rather than a frag when you make a kill. Each successive frag, however, doubles your stake and lowers your max health by 10 points (to a minimum of 50). You can cash it in at any time and get your missing health back by standing utterly still for 10 seconds, but if you die you lose all your unclaimed stake.
Overkill - the lower your opponent's health is when they die, the more frags you get. An RPG is your best friend in this mode, the napalm little more than an irritant
Weaponmaster - You start with every weapon, but each time you make a kill with one it is removed from your inventory. The only way to get them back and keep working toward the fraglimit is to make a kill with all of them.
Weaponmaster EX - The extreme mode. You spawn with a Hellfire, and every kill replaces your weapon with the next in line. If you somehow survive to make a kill with the machinegun, you receive a hefty bonus and the cycle begins again. If you die, your weapon is again a Hellfire. Good luck...

Other options
Jetmatch on/off
One of the coolest new modes of the mod, in my opinion. Everyone is spawned with a jetpack, and it couldn't be easier to use. Just hold the jump button and away you go. Remember that it's strapped to your back, so the direction you look affects your flight. Looking straight forward will send you up, while looking down will fly you forward. Bear in mind that slamming into the ground at high speeds is known to be hazardous to your health.
The jetpack, while powerful, unfortunately has a nasty tendency to overheat with extended use. Watch the heat bar and be careful once it starts climing toward the red. You'll get a warning beep when the meter is mostly full, and if it's exceeded you'll begin to take damage from the massive heat it generates. Not to worry, though, just find a pool of water to jump into and it'll cool off in seconds. This model has also been known to explode if pushed far beyond the manufacturer's recommended limits, so be warned...

Timebomb
Just to add a little more pressure to the game, the players can be equipped with large explosive charges. When the timer drops below 10 the player will begin to smoke, to give others warning to keep their distance. At 5 seconds, a countdown begins, and the end result is an explosion that puts the Hellfire to shame.
The different settings are as follows:
Low burn - start with 45 seconds on the clock, and add 30 for each kill. Don't expect many detonations.
Meltdown - 30 seconds, with 15 more for each kill. This is where things start to get messy
Thermonuclear - 20 seconds, add 10 for a frag. Expect fireworks.

Damagescale
This is the percent or normal damage everything does - weapons, falls, impact damage, etc. 200 doubles damage, 50 halves it, etc. Note that knockback remains the same.

Ammo spawn time
You can make the crates reappear anywhere from 5 seconds to a minute. The Hellfire will always respawn at half this rate.

Self damage
Can be enabled or disabled. Rocket jumping was never this easy.

Impact damage
Again, turn it on or off to suit your whims. If slamming into walls at high speeds makes your day, then by all means have fun. Doesn't disable kills for knocking people into traps, though.

New stuff
Impact damage - tired of people escaping by throwing themselves into space? Now you get credit for knocking people into bottomless pits, death fog, and other traps! You can also kill them if you knock them hard enough into a wall, so break out the concussion missiles!

Help menu - learn everything there is to know about everything there is to know things about!

Tweaked physics - increased air control goes well with concussion-jumping and jetpacks. Also re-implemented slope-jumping from Q1 and a few other minor modifications.

Configurable HUD - there are several ready-made ones in attached .cfg files, or make your own with the handy-dandy HUD editor. Look for it in Setup->HUD config

Bot orders!
Command: "order" (&#092;bind <key> "order")
Bind to a key to bring up a menu to give orders to bots and teammates. Bots will always follow your commands, humans will probably not.

Feet - type "&#092;cg_thirdperson -1" at the console and look down.

Letterboxed mode - see more of the action with less distortion. Make Quake into an epic experience. Go to Setup->Game Options and look for letterbox

Models/icons. New powerups deserve a new look, yes?

New medal: "Juggle." - hit someone twice without letting them touch the ground to get this reward.

Visible jetpack - see when someone&#39;s wearing it.

3d mode. Type "&#092;cg_3d 1" at the console and cross your eyes to see the game in stunning 3d&#33; Then quickly type "&#092;cg_3d 0" before you get a headache.

Rear View - found in Setup->Game Options. Watching your back is easier than ever.

Powerups
Quad damage - well, it was never actually Quad anyway. So now it doubles the radius of your explosives and increases the damage by half.

Regeneration - who needs health? This regenerates your ammo instead.

Battlesuit - Slows incoming missiles to 1/8 their normal speed. Strangely, it does nothing to bullets... I guess this isn&#39;t the Matrix after all.

Invisibility - let&#39;s face it, you weren&#39;t really very invisible. Wouldn&#39;t you rather have people people completely miss you instead? This powerup makes you appear approximately 10 feet to the side, but it&#39;s a bit buggy. A hologram hovering over a pit is a dead giveaway, for instance, and so is your shadow.

Haste - a rather powerful coolant system that does wonders for the refire rate of your weapons; your firing rate nearly doubles. Others can tell you have it by the blue glow on your weapon and the trail of coolant puffs. The coolant also does wonders for the jetpack...

Flight - not often seen in the arenas, but if you grab it you&#39;ll have the jetpack for 30 seconds. If jetmatch is enabled, you&#39;ll get nothing. Bugger.

Known bugs
None. They&#39;re all gone.

TO-DO
Nada. Final version.
There may be a map pack available later as new download.

Where to find it
http://www.planetquake.com/warbird/

Thanks to
title music:
Kapisanan Magmartsa (remix)
&copy;Teddy Tapawan/Smart Apple
www.smartapplerocks.com

FUS1ON
03-26-2003, 12:34 AM
Sounds great Frag&#33; :thumbs:
BTW I found another link to the Mod LINK (http://q3a.gamer.hr/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=2) No waiting and from Croatia (Serious Sam land :P ) no less. :w00t:

Fragetti
03-26-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN@Mar 25 2003, 07:34 PM
Sounds great Frag&#33; :thumbs:
BTW I found another link to the Mod LINK (http://q3a.gamer.hr/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=2) No waiting and from Croatia (Serious Sam land :P ) no less. :w00t:
Thanks&#33;&#33; :thumbs:

I pay 6.95 a month for Fileplanets ****y high speed servers :oooo:

Fragetti
03-26-2003, 12:59 AM
There no server config file. So I must start the game from the server thru the game GUI. I can only setup one map till I figure out how to create a server.cfg file.
I have q3dm10 now soul servior/ Low burn / rocket packs. Its different

FUS1ON
03-26-2003, 01:24 AM
Chico is over here right now and this is his and mine&#39;s facial expressions :w00t: Move over freezetag, This mod is way cool&#33; The jetpacks are ah, I&#39;ll just let you find out for yourself&#33; :jammin:

Fragetti
03-26-2003, 02:12 AM
Ok am ready&#33; :thumbs: who wants to eat some rockets? :P

Had to order some chrome for my Bike :wootrock:

FUS1ON
03-26-2003, 02:17 AM
I&#39;ll see you there

Fragetti
03-26-2003, 02:56 AM
OP try now

Fragetti
03-26-2003, 03:36 AM
Well that mod was not to bad :hmmm: I need to get it to change maps. the rockets are cool. Instead of invisablity it uses a thingy called displacement like a holagram neat.
scale of 1 - 10 I give it a 7 I have downloaded Hell Fire want to try that next.
Freeze still rulez :wootrock:

Machinegun_Kelly
03-26-2003, 05:15 PM
Hi gang...

I just downloaded and played this mod. This looks cool&#33; Those guided rockets I really like.

Will pass the word on to the OtH clan and see if we can get this going.

Will the server be set up for TDM though?

»°ßåD«
03-26-2003, 05:15 PM
this mod is cool no freeze tag and i&#39;ve got hellfire it&#39;s cool :thumbs:

Grimmy
03-26-2003, 05:32 PM
installing now, so hopefully I can check it out on the server :thumbs:

Fragetti
03-26-2003, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Machinegun_Kelly@Mar 26 2003, 12:15 PM
Hi gang...

I just downloaded and played this mod. This looks cool&#33; Those guided rockets I really like.

Will pass the word on to the OtH clan and see if we can get this going.

Will the server be set up for TDM though?
Cool the info at the top of the thead is what i can setup. I am limated to those options.
I am working right now so the server will stay as is till I get home. Sorry. let me know what options you like and Ill set it up tonight and we will play.

Grimmy
03-26-2003, 06:03 PM
I like it, check the screenies section. :D

Fragetti
03-26-2003, 08:09 PM
GG Grimmy let me turn those bot up now that you ready :P

Fragetti
03-26-2003, 11:28 PM
Ok guys I think I got it. Map rotation in Bazzoka Quake. I dont see any team play type of games :hmmm:

Fragetti
03-26-2003, 11:43 PM
I got team deathmatch going&#33;&#33; :wootrock:

FUS1ON
03-27-2003, 12:20 AM
I just tried it and it works great, Thanks Frag&#33; :thumbs:

Fragetti
03-27-2003, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN@Mar 26 2003, 07:20 PM
I just tried it and it works great, Thanks Frag&#33; :thumbs:
Did it switch map ok?

FUS1ON
03-27-2003, 12:28 AM
I didn&#39;t stick around for the second game, But when I joined it was on one map with just the bots and then it started a new game with another map, So I would say it works.

Fragetti
03-27-2003, 12:30 AM
Cool I will be out there around 8:30 9:00 EST
Hopefully we can muster up some players. Pass the word :wootrock:

Fragetti
03-27-2003, 03:57 AM
I think what Ill do is try a new mod each wk or so and give everyone a chance to try it. I still think Freeze Tag Rulez. The next mod I would like to try is Hellfire Arena. 1.2meg so get it now if you can. Use login meankeys@rcn.com pass frag no waiting.(wait for the page to load before going to the next step works best that way)

Hell fire Arena (http://www.fileplanet.com/section.aspx?s=78175&v=0)
Later Frag :wave:

Fragetti
03-27-2003, 04:07 AM
Sorry forgot the Mod Info :wacko:

this info is found in the readme file with this mod (this is only a part of it)
================================================== ================================================== =======
HELLFIRE ARENA 1.2 README
================================================== ================================================== =======
Best Viewed With Notepad In 1024 x 768 Resolution

1. Introduction, Installation & Running Guide
2. Features
3. Detailed Features
4. Known Bugs
5. Contact Information
6. Future Improvements
7. Credits
8. History

1. Introduction
---------------
Hellfire Arena is a modification for Quake III Arena. This mod has many features that are derived from many different
modifications compiled into one. Although there are many features that have been derived from other mods, Hellfire
Arena has it&#39;s own distinct features as well. What makes Hellfire Arena a unique mod, is because of it&#39;s simplicity.
Every option that the user wants to change or configure can be done in the Hellfire Options menu. So there&#39;s no need
to fiddle with any cvars at all. What&#39;s more, you can also save your current Hellfire configuration and change to
another configuration at any time &#33;

Make sure have the latest version of Quake 3 Arena which is 1.27g OR 1.27h beta.
This mod will only work with the 1.27g point release and above.

To install & Play Hellfire Arena (Zip Version)
---------------------------------------
Simply extract hellfire12.zip to your quake3 directory with subdirectories / folder names.
To run Hellfire Arena, run / execute the file "hellfire.bat" from your Quake 3 directory.

(Exe Version)
-------------
Run / Execute hellfire12.exe and follow the onscreen instructions.
To run Hellfire Arena, simply double click on the Hellfire Arena icon on your desktop OR in the start menu path that you
have installed Hellfire Arena into.

2. Features
-----------
- Starting Powerup Options - Haste, Invisibility, Regeneration, Flight, Battlesuit, Quad Damage And Random Powerups
- Customise bot options such as bot chatting, fast chatting, rocket jump and more challenging bots
- Select between grenade types - standard issue, vortex, impact, cluster and sticky grenades (aka proximity grenades)
- Select weapon position - right, left or center
- Customise starting statistics - health, maximum health, armor and weapons
- Random Weapons - a weapon is randomly selected by the server and every client gets the same weapon with unlimited ammo
This option can be fully customised by the server on which weapon to cycle / select randomly.
- Toggle between fast or normal weapon switching mode
- Cache all maps - this will cache all maps in the game server map selection screen, it will take some time to cache ALL
of the maps but will speed up map selection.
- Enhanced Map selection UI - has several new options such as map filter, map source and list mode
- ALL maps are now displayed, regardless of whether the map has a .arena script or not
- Map Rotation can be done in game server screen instead of setting cvars up
- Score on podiums
- Spawn protection
- Customise force respawn time
- Customise intermission wait time
- Directional Damage
- Enhanced player model selection - Displays more models at once and each model now has it&#39;s own "sub-model",
ex : ranger/wrack
- Camping Prevention
- 6 Game Modes - Vampire, instagib, double rockets, homing missiles, guided rockets and low gravity
- Tons of Game Options - Falling damage, footsteps, fixed f.o.v, self damage, quad factor, knockback, weapon respawn time,etc
- Rail trail type - standard or spiral rail (from coliseum 2)
- Rails can shoot through walls
- There are virtually no cvars to set, everything can be customised or selected from Hellfire Arena&#39;s User Interface
- New railgun & Lightning Gun sounds from Team Arena
- Auto-use holdable item option
- Customise weapon statictics - damage, reload times, ammo, etc
- Lightning Gun type - Chain Lightning or Standard type
- Damage Scale/Multiplier option
- New random bots option & cvar (addrandombot)
- New Load, Save & Reset Settings option
- 5 New Hud Styles to choose from (from qwFix & EliteHud)
- New map rotation option - add map - simplifies the user&#39;s work of adding maps to the rotation list &#33;
- New option to change head/body model in model settings menu independently for both FFA/Tourney & CTF/Team games
- Includes 7 ready-made configs to play with - Instagib, Excessive, Fun, Random, Bfg Arena, Flame Arena & Default
- Fixed some bugs in 1.27g point release (missing voice chat files, etc)
- Added new weapon ranking option to Weapon Options menu *
- Added new guided rockets game mode *
- Added ingame scoreboard awards and scoreboard scores now shows frags/deaths *
- Added new motion tracker to hud options - track your enemies &#33; *
- Added bfg type to weapon options - Toggle between the standard / enhanced version of the BFG10k *
- Added new flame thrower weapon with option to replace ANY current Quake 3 weapons *
- Added new option to weapons configuration menu to allow user to change a projectile&#39;s velocity/speed *
- Added new hud style *
- Added 2 new configs - Bfg Arena & Flame Arena *

* - Indicates new features since Hellfire Version 1.1. For more on what&#39;s been changed since release 1.0, check out the
history section at the end of this readme file

Notice on weapon ranking :
- To change the rank of the flame thrower in the Weapon Ranking menu, the flame thrower must not be shown in any of the
weapon rankings (1st-10th). Once it is not visible, you can then change the ranking of the flame thrower. This is due to
the limitations and problems that i have encountered when programming the weapon ranking menu.

Tip : Enable the new BFG10K Type - Enhanced Version & Change the projectile&#39;s velocity to 0. Fire the BFG anywhere and it&#39;ll
act as a stationary "turret" that fires lightning bolts&#33;

3. Detailed Features
--------------------
Notice : ALL of the fields that are related with time are to be specified in SECONDS.

Starting Powerup Options
- If a starting powerup is selected, all players will have the same powerup that has been selected by the server. Every
player has 60 seconds until the powerup wears off.
- If you start with a random powerup, all players will also have the same powerup, but the powerup will not wear off at all.
After a certain amount of time specified by the server, the powerup will randomly change to another. If there are less
than 5 powerups enabled by the server, the powerups will then be cycled instead and not chosen randomly. The cycle order
of the powerups will be : Quad, Haste, Regeneration, Battlesuit, Invisibility and finally Flight. A 5 second warning is
given to all the players before a powerup is changed.

Random Weapons
- This is similar to random powerups, but with weapons instead. Again if there are less than 5 weapons enabled by the server,
the weapons will cycle from machinegun to shotgun and so on instead of being chosen randomly by the server.
A 5 second warning is given to all the players before a weapon is changed.

Bot Options
- Bot Chatting - This is self explanatory, you can either enable of disable bot chatting.
- Fast Chatting - Enabling this option with Bot Chatting will speed up the bot chatting, allowing the bot to have more time
to focus in kicking your a**.
- Rocket Jump - Again, this is self explanatory, you can either disable or enable bot rocket jumping. Bots rarely do rocket
jumps except on higher skill levels.
- More Challenging Bots - This will make the bots a little bit more tougher (may not make much of a difference).

Grenade Types
- The standard grenades in Quake 3 aren&#39;t used that often, so i&#39;ve included a few more types instead.
- Vortex grenades - These grenades suck you in if you&#39;re within a radius of 500 units. Stay away from these if possible.
- Impact grenades - These grenades explode on impact unlike the normal grenades that bounce off the floors / walls.
- Cluster grenades - Fire one of these and they will explode into a cluster of 4 grenades.
It takes longer to reload when firing cluster grenades.
- Sticky grenades - A.K.A proximity grenades, these are my favourite - they stick on walls or any solid item and will
detonate if anything comes close within it&#39;s range.
Notice : All the new grenade types uses 2 grenades to fire, including cluster grenades.

Weapon Position
- I Think this is self explanatory, you will be able to select the position of your weapon in the single person view. This
will NOT affect how your model looks like in 3rd person view at all.

Customise Starting Statistics
- You can customise between the starting health, maximum health, starting armor and starting weapons.
- There is no maximum armor here, the maximum health amount is used to determine both maximum health and armor.

Fast Weapon Switching
- In the heat of the battle, sometimes a few miliseconds count, when you are just about to draw your weapon, you&#39;re already
dead. Enabling the fast weapon switching will allow ALL players to switch their weapons almost instantly.

:wave:

OUTLAWS Spike
03-27-2003, 09:41 PM
I played Bazooka Quake lastnight and loved it&#33;&#33; Thanks Frag :wootrock:

FUS1ON
04-09-2003, 01:30 AM
Bazooka Quake is running again, Thanks Frag :thumbs:

Fragetti
04-09-2003, 11:21 PM
Wow Looks like you guy&#39;s had fun last night :thumbs: What time did you guys play?
Bummer I missed all the action :bandhead:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-09-2003, 11:26 PM
Downloading now.
Place it directly into the Quake 3 folder correct?

FUS1ON
04-09-2003, 11:26 PM
Frag I think it was around midnight your time. We seriously need to do that again. :jammin:

FUS1ON
04-09-2003, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by WHOCARES@Apr 9 2003, 05:26 PM
Downloading now.
Place it directly into the Quake 3 folder correct?
Extract the zip file and copy the bq3 folder and bq3.bat file in the Q3 Arena folder. :wave:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-09-2003, 11:32 PM
Do the same for hellfire?

Fragetti
04-09-2003, 11:32 PM
Let me know am there. If it&#39;s not to late

FUS1ON
04-09-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by WHOCARES@Apr 9 2003, 05:32 PM
Yep exactly the same.

Frag will do bud :wave:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-09-2003, 11:37 PM
Sweet.
Thanks bro.
Think I am gonna play more often.

Fragetti
04-09-2003, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN+Apr 9 2003, 06:35 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS SHOGUN @ Apr 9 2003, 06:35 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--WHOCARES@Apr 9 2003, 05:32 PM
Yep exactly the same.

Frag will do bud :wave: [/b][/quote]
I cant seem to get hell fire to work. I just hang at the begining of the game and it never lets me in? did you guys have any luck?

FUS1ON
04-09-2003, 11:55 PM
Hung on me too while I was trying to connect to another server, but I could run it locally.

Fragetti
04-10-2003, 12:56 AM
OK AM going in&#33; Come and get me ph34r