PDA

View Full Version : Bleck

Dark Reign
03-26-2003, 05:20 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6023914.html

I can understand why kids shouldn't be allowed to play violent video games, but stuff like this gets out of hand. The government needs to step in for parents. And to that I say "Bleck".

Sirc
03-26-2003, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by Dark Reign@Mar 26 2003, 12:20 AM
http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6023914.html

I can understand why kids shouldn't be allowed to play violent video games, but stuff like this gets out of hand. The government needs to step in for parents. And to that I say "Bleck".
Yep. I'm kinda sick of everyone trying to place the blame for kids behavior on music and games and stuff like that. Yhe fact is that if parents take the time and make the effort to teach their kids good moral and social values, then its not really a problem. If parents show their children respect and take the time to discuss things with them, and spend enough time with them to be able to lead by example then the world would be a better place.

Our society, and families, and individuals have increasingly adopted the mindset that if something goes wrong, then someone else is to blame. It's time for everyone to take responsibility for there own actions.

Oh crap! I just dumped a scolding hot cup of coffee on my leg! Dammit! I'm gonna sue the coffe maker machine company for allowing the coffe to get too hot! :rolleyes: :P

Saretta
03-26-2003, 11:33 AM
Good point Sirc. :thumbs: That's what I always say when they start to discuss in Germany about putting a new computergame on the index or the new age restrictions.

U see a 19 year old went to his school and killed nearly 20 people and himself. He played Counterstrike and Medal of Honor. To prevent that this happens again they want to make age restrictions for every computergame, some u will be able to buy with 18 and older, some with 16 and older, some with 12 and older and so on (but only the german version) All game which don't get such a restriction u can only buy if u are over 18. So u can get every game when u are over 18 but u have to ask in special shops for them.
And that will prevent a 19 year old from playing computergames which are allowed when u are over 18. :rolleyes:

You know his parents didn't know that he was kicked from the school some month before he did that. And that's something the parents should know IMO. The probably have never had time for him...

The only thing that was missing was the heavy metal music which make kids more violent :bandhead:

Sepra
03-26-2003, 01:21 PM
I agree. There's no way a game is going to make an individual violent. Damn, I'd be a raving maniac!!!

My son is five and loves to play the games we do. So what if he blows someone up with a rocket launcher!! :P On a serious note......he shows no violence what so ever and is actually the complete opposite being very caring and gentle to his younger brother and sister. I say 'blah' to those opinions. I'm sick of parents blaming media for their feeling of failure.

Gun Element
03-27-2003, 02:01 PM
:bandhead:

*sigh*

I dont know what to say because u guys took all the credit. :mellow:

Haze
03-27-2003, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Sepra@Mar 26 2003, 02:21 PM
I agree. There's no way a game is going to make an individual violent. Damn, I'd be a raving maniac!!!

Are u sure about that :shifty:

BOSTON SHOCKER
03-27-2003, 02:38 PM
i feel that violant games let us get rid of some aggresion

now i dont have to shoot all those ppl with a shot gun its a win win situation
:thumbs:

Sepra
03-27-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by OrangeHaze+Mar 27 2003, 09:32 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OrangeHaze @ Mar 27 2003, 09:32 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Sepra@Mar 26 2003, 02:21 PM
I agree.&nbsp; There&#39;s no way a game is going to make an individual violent.&nbsp; Damn, I&#39;d be a raving maniac&#33;&#33;&#33;

Are u sure about that :shifty: [/b][/quote]
:rofl:

Mr Clean
03-27-2003, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Sirc@Mar 26 2003, 12:40 AM
Our society, and families, and individuals have increasingly adopted the mindset that if something goes wrong, then someone else is to blame. It&#39;s time for everyone to take responsibility for there own actions.
That&#39;s the problem in a nutshell&#33; :thumbs:

Morpheus
03-27-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Sepra@Mar 26 2003, 08:21 AM
I&#39;m sick of parents blaming media for their feeling of failure.
Right there&#33; that&#39;s what i was gonna say. :lol: