PDA

View Full Version : High Ping? or.....

Fantum309
04-04-2003, 06:47 PM
just my imagination? I don't think so. Lagg got so bad, it took forever to get to this screen. And when I got there, the three people I was playing were gone. But before that, I just mentioned that I had bad lag which is why I got killed. When I respawned, this was my ping, and they had left. :hmmm:

Fantum309
04-04-2003, 06:50 PM
Here is the before shot......sorry, I got these shots backwards, but I think you get it. See, Sometimes I think it's my connection, but now, I am not so sure. :WTF: :bandhead:

Strongbad
04-04-2003, 07:49 PM
I think with a ping like that, the game is basically re-syncing. Like when you're sitting there waiting for the "loading models","loading crc" bars, but they leave you in the game to be shot at your distress :blink: It's happened to me many times on DSL.

(Villains)****Death Sentence****
04-04-2003, 08:05 PM
:WTF: :bandhead:

JIMINATOR
04-04-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Strongbad@Apr 4 2003, 07:49 PM
I think with a ping like that, the game is basically re-syncing. Like when you're sitting there waiting for the "loading models","loading crc" bars, but they leave you in the game to be shot at your distress :blink: It's happened to me many times on DSL.
I played a couple of games like that today, one where the netgraph was full and never did go down.
I specified dialup on another, and I was able to play, but I would kill people,
and they would come back to life and I would be dead, or shoot somewhere
and then they were elsewhere, it all sucked...
i think a villian was there, gg, sorry if I didn't stick around

Fantum309
04-04-2003, 10:49 PM
Hey, you guys know what I mean. This is what I do, if I have lag, I will let everyone know, so that if I leave because the lag doesn't back off, someone will know why I left the server! I have been in a couple of games where I attempt to give an explanation as to why I was going to leave and some of the other players chastize me and accuse me of being a whinner. Well, If I can't play 'cause I got a 7000 ping, and it takes 30 seconds to respawn, what do they want me to do, stick around and be their target. I DON'T THINK SO! LOL. Again, I have seen other players experience lag, and I start :lol: cause it is funny watching them look up, down, walk into the wall, shoot at nothing, or run into the fence,....... you KNOW what I am talking about. One time, I even thanked someone for putting me out of my misery cause I could here them laughing at me! :rofl: Oh well, gotta love it either way ! ! ! ! ! Frag on :thumbs:

Fred Bear
04-05-2003, 07:17 AM
hey strongbad and Fantum.. I love the spiced up fonts on your sig. How did you do that?

Casanova
04-05-2003, 01:23 PM
:down:

Strongbad
04-05-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Fred Bear@Apr 5 2003, 02:17 AM
hey strongbad and Fantum.. I love the spiced up fonts on your sig. How did you do that?
Bevel and Emboss :thumbs:

X-Man
04-06-2003, 09:35 AM
:bawling:

Aries
04-06-2003, 02:13 PM
Cool Ping :thumbs:

we should hold a side-contest for the highest ping