PDA

View Full Version : Fighter Ace

OUTLAWS Tip
04-07-2003, 09:07 PM
Anyone playing this game? Combat Flight game with pretty good graphics. I am playing the free downloadable demo. It lets you play online for free for about 10 minutes a session. I don't pay for online play, but did notice if you bought the game you get 3 months free. They had it on sale on Amazon.com for $10 with the free 3 month trial.

Fighter Ace Linkl (http://fighterace.jaleco.com/)

The best I have done so far is 11 kills, 8 lost planes and 2 deaths during the 10 minute play. You can just go back in after your session ends and start over.
:rolleyes:

Mr Clean
04-09-2003, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Tip@Apr 7 2003, 03:07 PM
Anyone playing this game? Combat Flight game with pretty good graphics. I am playing the free downloadable demo. It lets you play online for free for about 10 minutes a session. I don't pay for online play, but did notice if you bought the game you get 3 months free. They had it on sale on Amazon.com for $10 with the free 3 month trial.

Fighter Ace Linkl (http://fighterace.jaleco.com/)

The best I have done so far is 11 kills, 8 lost planes and 2 deaths during the 10 minute play. You can just go back in after your session ends and start over.
:rolleyes:
Wow, they even have training classes for this game. The screen shots looked great

Do you need a joystick to play this game?

I like the whole MM game idea, but having to pay every month to play a game seems like a money gouger to me.....

OUTLAWS Tip
04-09-2003, 06:46 PM
It is definately has great screenshots. I have a Microsoft Sidewinder joystick. You would need a joystick to play the game. I haven't quite figured out how to turn faster using the flaps. I just turn and use the rudder. The better players can turn much faster than I. I am just playing the free demo download for now. I might end up buying the game which give you a free 3 months subscribtion to their online service. After that I probably would move on to another game as I wouldn't want to pay a monthly fee or pay $50 a year to play. The graphics are good and it is fun. Try the demo and learn to hit your control and E to eject. That way you only lose the plane and don't get a death. I think that is what I am best at so far.
:P

Mr Clean
04-09-2003, 07:09 PM
Sweet. I may check it out...

OUTLAWS Tip
04-09-2003, 08:22 PM
Another, just went 14 kills, six deaths.

Mr Clean
04-10-2003, 12:31 PM
Sweet!

Sirc
04-10-2003, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Tip@Apr 9 2003, 01:46 PM
I haven't quite figured out how to turn faster using the flaps. I just turn and use the rudder.
You mean ailerons. Ailerons control the roll of the plane. To make a fast turn you have to use the ailerons to roll the plane in the direction you want to turn and then pull back hard on the elevator. You actually don't even need to use the rudder to turn a plane.

I haven't played the game yet, but that's how real planes work. Depending on how realistic the flight simulation is, the flaps should be up to attain the greatest speed. Lowering them suddenly at high speed should cause you to lose speed rapidly and at the same time pop upwards in a quick gain in altitude. It could come in handy as an evasive manauver if someone is following you. They would suddenly rip right past you and be the prey instead of the hunter. :devil:

I'm gonna have to check this game out. :wootrock:

Mr Clean
04-10-2003, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by Sirc+Apr 10 2003, 06:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sirc @ Apr 10 2003, 06:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--OUTLAWS Tip@Apr 9 2003, 01:46 PM
I haven&#39;t quite figured out how to turn faster using the flaps. I just turn and use the rudder.
You mean ailerons. Ailerons control the roll of the plane. To make a fast turn you have to use the ailerons to roll the plane in the direction you want to turn and then pull back hard on the elevator. You actually don&#39;t even need to use the rudder to turn a plane.

I haven&#39;t played the game yet, but that&#39;s how real planes work. Depending on how realistic the flight simulation is, the flaps should be up to attain the greatest speed. Lowering them suddenly at high speed should cause you to lose speed rapidly and at the same time pop upwards in a quick gain in altitude. It could come in handy as an evasive manauver if someone is following you. They would suddenly rip right past you and be the prey instead of the hunter. :devil:

I&#39;m gonna have to check this game out. :wootrock: [/b][/quote]
I&#39;m telling ya....Sirc wasn&#39;t nearly this smart when he was an Outlaw... :blink: