PDA

View Full Version : RealOne Player

Slice
04-12-2003, 10:48 PM
For some reason when I play any video files with this player it totally locks up and freezes my system. I have to shut off my box with the switch to reboot. I have the latest version of it installed with all the updates. Anyone know what could be causing this? :unsure: I need to have it working so I can test streaming video from work.

SALvation
04-13-2003, 02:27 AM
Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling? How about trying with Netscape instead of IE?

Slice
04-13-2003, 02:53 AM
Man I don't even think I have Netscape on my system. Would that really matter? Does the player itself interface with the web browser? I will try uninstalling the player and installing it again. The thing that sucks is the files I need to view are in that format and I can't play them with anything else. Personally I don't like the player, but I have no choice but to get it working.

JIMINATOR
04-13-2003, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by Slice@Apr 13 2003, 02:53 AM
Man I don't even think I have Netscape on my system. Would that really matter? Does the player itself interface with the web browser? I will try uninstalling the player and installing it again. The thing that sucks is the files I need to view are in that format and I can't play them with anything else. Personally I don't like the player, but I have no choice but to get it working.
it can, it will usually install a plugin if it finds netscape on your system,
and that will allow netscape to run the rm file within a embedded window.
i think the same exe and dlls are used, so i don't know that downloading
and installing netscape will help, but it might.
secondly, for the uninstall/reinstall process, you may want to
delete the c:\program files\real folder, and also look in the
registry for real keys, and delete those. if that doesn't work,
then it may be a conflict with some other media player, or codec.
you can look for things to uninstall in add/remove programs.
if that still doesn't work, then try using fdisk and format.
that always works for me :-)