PDA

View Full Version : question

ME BIGGD01
04-16-2003, 03:16 AM
does anyone hate it when you cant get a weapon and you get killed before or while you are getting one? would you suggest keeping weapon through out the game? or is there away to keep the weapons out so when someone takes it it stays for the next person?

Slice
04-16-2003, 03:21 AM
Weapon stay only works in cooperative I think. :unsure:

Sirc
04-16-2003, 03:22 AM
Well, yes, that happens to me all the time. When I finally get the chance to grab a shotty I'm either dead as I pick it up or dead before I can whip around and use it. If you are holding a weapon other than the knife or pistol than it stays briefly after you die. Otherwise you only leave the pistol behind to mark your grave.

Strider
04-16-2003, 03:25 AM
Finally someone spoke about this. I hate when that happens so much. It usually accounts for most of my deaths and lots of people's actually. What really gets on my nerves though is when there are 3 or 4 guys around and they all have weapons out, and a guy with a shotty or a rocket launcher comes up and runs right by them and stays in pursuit of me trying to run away just to get myself a gun. The armed guy will run by eveyrone in his path pretending that they aren't even there and keep on coming at me. Do people do this just to piss me off? :WTF: This happen to anyone else?

Morpheus
04-16-2003, 03:27 AM
I know how to fix it!

ALL SERVER ADMINS:
Browse to the server's sam directory, then scriipts, dedicated, then the name of the server. once there, open the init text file. about halfway down there is a list of commands, and then you add

gam_bWeaponsStay = 1;

at the bottom of the list. should keep the weapons there after someone takes them. :cool:

Sirc
04-16-2003, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Haden@Apr 15 2003, 10:25 PM
Finally someone spoke about this. I hate when that happens so much. It usually accounts for most of my deaths and lots of people's actually. What really gets on my nerves though is when there are 3 or 4 guys around and they all have weapons out, and a guy with a shotty or a rocket launcher comes up and runs right by them and stays in pursuit of me trying to run away just to get myself a gun. The armed guy will run by eveyrone in his path pretending that they aren't even there and keep on coming at me. Do people do this just to piss me off? :WTF: This happen to anyone else?
Well, in your case well all have gotten together on this and agreed to do it just to piss you off. Sorry. :lol: :P

JIMINATOR
04-16-2003, 04:28 AM
yeah, well, that is what the knife is for. I died 12 times in a row sat (ended 0-12) while in the process
of getting weapons. It sux, but that is the game. The one complaint I do have is when I am doing a
1v1 on yodeller and the guy runs around picking up the shotguns. I won't stick around for much of that...

Sirc
04-16-2003, 04:41 AM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Apr 15 2003, 11:28 PM
yeah, well, that is what the knife is for. I died 12 times in a row sat (ended 0-12) while in the process
of getting weapons. It sux, but that is the game. The one complaint I do have is when I am doing a
1v1 on yodeller and the guy runs around picking up the shotguns. I won't stick around for much of that...
Well, I can handle the green gun and minigun fairly well in Yodeller, but that main gripe I have with ANY 1v1 is when someone goes after the SD. He only gets one kill though, cause I'll sit and have a cigarette while his SD (or Invuln, or Invis) wears off. LOL. :wootrock:

SALvation
04-16-2003, 04:50 AM
Having weapons stay would suck. A major part of strategy is grabbing a weapon before someone else does.

V98ci
04-16-2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Sirc+Apr 16 2003, 04:41 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sirc @ Apr 16 2003, 04:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JIMINATOR@Apr 15 2003, 11:28 PM
1v1 on yodeller and the guy runs around picking up the shotguns. I won&#39;t stick around for much of that...
Well, I can handle the green gun and minigun fairly well in Yodeller, but that main gripe I have with ANY 1v1 is when someone goes after the SD. He only gets one kill though, cause I&#39;ll sit and have a cigarette while his SD (or Invuln, or Invis) wears off. LOL. :wootrock: [/b][/quote]
Glad to know I&#39;m not the only one that does that&#33; :devil: One guy got so pissed he cussed me out and left. What a whiner. :bawling:

Jesus Fish
04-16-2003, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by SALvation@Apr 16 2003, 04:50 AM
Having weapons stay would suck. A major part of strategy is grabbing a weapon before someone else does.
I think that there would be a lot more rockets to deal with in LT lol

ME BIGGD01
04-16-2003, 05:02 AM
He only gets one kill though, cause I&#39;ll sit and have a cigarette while his SD (or Invuln, or Invis) wears off

well i guess i should of taken a poll so i will start a new thread and give it to tommorow.

FASTway
04-16-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Apr 15 2003, 09:28 PM
The one complaint I do have is when I am doing a
1v1 on yodeller and the guy runs around picking up the shotguns. I won&#39;t stick around for much of that...
LOL.
Lots of people try to hog the shotty by doing that.

I would stick around in those games.
It just forces you to be a more creative player.

And, I agree also that hunting for a weapon is part of the fun.
What I hate is when weapons are scarce and just as you are about to pick up the shotty that someone dropped it disappears(respawns). :bandhead: :rofl:

Strider
04-16-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by Sirc+Apr 16 2003, 03:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sirc @ Apr 16 2003, 03:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Haden@Apr 15 2003, 10:25 PM
Finally someone spoke about this. I hate when that happens so much. It usually accounts for most of my deaths and lots of people&#39;s actually. What really gets on my nerves though is when there are 3 or 4 guys around and they all have weapons out, and a guy with a shotty or a rocket launcher comes up and runs right by them and stays in pursuit of me trying to run away just to get myself a gun. The armed guy will run by eveyrone in his path pretending that they aren&#39;t even there and keep on coming at me. Do people do this just to piss me off?&nbsp; :WTF: This happen to anyone else?
Well, in your case well all have gotten together on this and agreed to do it just to piss you off. Sorry. :lol: :P [/b][/quote]
Biatch&#33; :P

Gun Element
04-16-2003, 01:12 PM
I hate it very, but thats part of the game. You get killed. I sure wouldnt mind killing someone that didnt have a weapon. :devil:

Sepra
04-16-2003, 01:53 PM
:bawling: This always happens to me. :bawling: I ran around LT almost two times once and couldnt find anything to just be killed anyway :bawling:

If you see someone bouncing around a map with a knife in a mad panic.....that&#39;s me looking for a weapon :D

On the other hand I think weapon stay would be bad. Can you imagine eveyone in a map having Launchers :blink: Ugh......I dont even want to think of that :down: