PDA

View Full Version : ALL GM MEMBERS

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-19-2003, 02:51 PM
We have narrowed down the entries to four.
Please choose your favorite.
Thanks once again to all that entered.
The files can be downloaded HERE (http://www.outlawsrulez.com/downloads/entries.zip)

Scorch
04-19-2003, 05:00 PM
How do I know which enterie belong to which number in the vote in the zip there is 1 3 4 7 :WTF:

Strider
04-19-2003, 05:03 PM
3 (4) :wootrock:

MR. SLiK
04-19-2003, 06:54 PM
I dont even think this is neccessary. Scorch's had at least 2 times as many votes (maybe even 3 or more) as the others, therefore he should win.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-19-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by MR. SLiK@Apr 19 2003, 02:54 PM
I dont even think this is neccessary. Scorch's had at least 2 times as many votes (maybe even 3 or more) as the others, therefore he should win.
That is your opinion.
If everyone else feels this way then they will speak up.

TNT Tonic
04-19-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by MR. SLiK@Apr 19 2003, 12:54 PM
Second that!

ME BIGGD01
04-19-2003, 08:50 PM
i agree with mr slik. i voted for scorch already because his was the best in my oppinion. the others were good but for gamemv=cca i felt scorchs represented the best.

hey are these votes be held in florida? that would explain the reason for the delay on the winner :P :lol:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-19-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by ME BIGGD01@Apr 19 2003, 04:50 PM
i agree with mr slik.  i voted for scorch already because his was the best in my oppinion.  the others were good but for gamemv=cca i felt scorchs represented the best. 

hey are these votes be held in florida?  that would explain the reason for the delay on the winner :P  :lol:
oh damn :rofl:
and in Broward County

Thundarr
04-20-2003, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by ME BIGGD01@Apr 19 2003, 08:50 PM
i agree with mr slik. i voted for scorch already because his was the best in my oppinion. the others were good but for gamemv=cca i felt scorchs represented the best.

hey are these votes be held in florida? that would explain the reason for the delay on the winner :P :lol:
I agree with all who have nominated Scorch!! I voted for his design the first time as well, his design is the best, in my opinion! :thumbs: :wave: :jammin: :wootrock:

Grimmy
04-20-2003, 06:21 AM
Just a note to all, this is Who's idea, so what he says goes. If he wants to narrow it down to 4 and then cast a revote, then he can. The prize for first place is coming out of his own pocket, so please.

Who, if you want another vote, I think that will be good. I am ready to vote again. There are some good banners duking it out :thumbs:

JIMINATOR
04-20-2003, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Apr 20 2003, 01:21 AM
Just a note to all, this is Who's idea, so what he says goes. If he wants to narrow it down to 4 and then cast a revote, then he can. The prize for first place is coming out of his own pocket, so please.

Who, if you want another vote, I think that will be good. I am ready to vote again. There are some good banners duking it out :thumbs:
Wait! There's a prize?
Damn!

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-20-2003, 03:19 PM
yes there is a prize.
An item from the GM store.
If 2 more people feel the same way then he will be the winner.
I narrowed it down because like in BROWARD county Florida some people may have pushed the wrong button.

Morpheus
04-20-2003, 10:02 PM
I still say BIOHAZARD, as long as you can make the text load before pictures for dialuppers. ;)

Sirc
04-20-2003, 10:07 PM
Are there any copyright issues concerning the use of some of these game images?

Morpheus
04-20-2003, 10:15 PM
They had mine on
i emailed the dude who ran the site he said i could use any i wanted, since GM promotes the game.
I was alright.

Strider
04-20-2003, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by $tinger@Apr 20 2003, 10:15 PM
They had mine on
i emailed the dude who ran the site he said i could use any i wanted, since GM promotes the game.
I was alright.
:unsure:

Slice
04-21-2003, 03:42 AM
Sorry but here is my open honest opinion. I will probably not be liked for it but I am not liked anyways, so oh well. Scorch you have some nice designs but in all honesty I don't think it looks professional. I am not saying that mine are better or anything but your figures look ridiculous. They remind me of stick figures lined up like little toy soldiers. YES CALL ME SIMON OF AMERICAN IDOL! But people take a close look. Honestly I don't care about my banners and they can be removed right now off the list. Oh and one more thing, how many banners did Scorch make for people here? Not to be a d1ck but if this contest was fair, entries would have been submitted privately and submitted for vote without knowledge of the artist, then voted upon.

Sirc
04-21-2003, 03:47 AM
Originally posted by Slice@Apr 20 2003, 10:42 PM
Sorry but here is my open honest opinion. I will probably not be liked for it but I am not liked anyways, so oh well. Scorch you have some nice designs but in all honesty I don't think it looks professional. I am not saying that mine are better or anything but your figures look ridiculous. They remind me of stick figures lined up like little toy soldiers. YES CALL ME SIMON OF AMERICAN IDOL! But people take a close look. Honestly I don't care about my banners and they can be removed right now off the list. Oh and one more thing, how many banners did Scorch make for people here? Not to be a d1ck but if this contest was fair, entries would have been submitted privately and submitted for vote without knowledge of the artist, then voted upon.
I like you! wub

Which one(s) are yours Slice?

Sirc
04-21-2003, 03:54 AM
Actually I'm surprised #7 hasn't done much better. That's the one I voted for. :thumbs:

MR. SLiK
04-21-2003, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Slice@Apr 20 2003, 07:42 PM
So let me get this straight... You think people are voting for Sorch's just cause they know he made them? So what if he has made other banners in peoples sigs. I dont see how this contest was not fair. The people here chose what they liked and they liked his. Is that so hard?

Slice
04-21-2003, 04:45 AM
Originally posted by MR. SLiK+Apr 20 2003, 11:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MR. SLiK @ Apr 20 2003, 11:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Slice@Apr 20 2003, 07:42 PM
Sorry but here is my open honest opinion.&nbsp; I will probably not be liked for it but I am not liked anyways, so oh well.&nbsp; Scorch you have some nice designs but in all honesty I don&#39;t think it looks professional.&nbsp; I am not saying that mine are better or anything but your figures look ridiculous.&nbsp; They remind me of stick figures lined up like little toy soldiers.&nbsp; YES CALL ME SIMON OF AMERICAN IDOL&#33;&nbsp; But people take a close look.&nbsp; Honestly I don&#39;t care about my banners and they can be removed right now off the list.&nbsp; Oh and one more thing, how many banners did Scorch make for people here?&nbsp; Not to be a d1ck but if this contest was fair, entries would have been submitted privately and submitted for vote without knowledge of the artist, then voted upon.
So let me get this straight... You think people are voting for Sorch&#39;s just cause they know he made them? So what if he has made other banners in peoples sigs. I dont see how this contest was not fair. The people here chose what they liked and they liked his. Is that so hard? [/b][/quote]
I think everything I said was already straight forward, so put your lathe away Slik.

TNT Tonic
04-21-2003, 05:18 AM
The one I voted for didn&#39;t even make it to the second round, plus I didn&#39;t even know who made them. I just think that if people voted 30-1 (not true figures, just example) then why go on to a second round when the numbers with be the same. I honestly don&#39;t care which one wins now, because like I said, my choice didn&#39;t make it&#33; :bawling:

Scorch
04-21-2003, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by Slice@Apr 21 2003, 03:42 AM
Sorry but here is my open honest opinion.&nbsp; I will probably not be liked for it but I am not liked anyways, so oh well.&nbsp; Scorch you have some nice designs but in all honesty I don&#39;t think it looks professional.&nbsp; I am not saying that mine are better or anything but your figures look ridiculous.&nbsp; They remind me of stick figures lined up like little toy soldiers.&nbsp; YES CALL ME SIMON OF AMERICAN IDOL&#33;&nbsp; But people take a close look.&nbsp; Honestly I don&#39;t care about my banners and they can be removed right now off the list.&nbsp; Oh and one more thing, how many banners did Scorch make for people here?&nbsp; Not to be a d1ck but if this contest was fair, entries would have been submitted privately and submitted for vote without knowledge of the artist, then voted upon.
I think you need to see what I learn in the graphic course and then tell me it&#39;s not proffesional this banner is not just cut and copy and write game mecca on it, it took me a long time to make it, the effects I made are hard to do and if that&#39;s not proffesional yours is I suppose? ..

2# Did I ever do a sig for Slik? I don&#39;t think so he like my work and so is all the others that voted for me.

Dan2
04-21-2003, 07:47 AM
Ease up fellas. You both did a heck of a job&#33;&#33;&#33; :thumbs: :thumbs:

Slice
04-21-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Scorch+Apr 21 2003, 03:41 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Scorch @ Apr 21 2003, 03:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Slice@Apr 21 2003, 03:42 AM
Sorry but here is my open honest opinion.* I will probably not be liked for it but I am not liked anyways, so oh well.* Scorch you have some nice designs but in all honesty I don&#39;t think it looks professional.* I am not saying that mine are better or anything but your figures look ridiculous.* They remind me of stick figures lined up like little toy soldiers.* YES CALL ME SIMON OF AMERICAN IDOL&#33;* But people take a close look.* Honestly I don&#39;t care about my banners and they can be removed right now off the list.* Oh and one more thing, how many banners did Scorch make for people here?* Not to be a d1ck but if this contest was fair, entries would have been submitted privately and submitted for vote without knowledge of the artist, then voted upon.
I think you need to see what I learn in the graphic course and then tell me it&#39;s not proffesional this banner is not just cut and copy and write game mecca on it, it took me a long time to make it, the effects I made are hard to do and if that&#39;s not proffesional yours is I suppose? ..

2# Did I ever do a sig for Slik? I don&#39;t think so he like my work and so is all the others that voted for me. [/b][/quote]
It&#39;s my opinion you don&#39;t like it to bad. Did they teach you plagiarism in that course as well? How about originality, was that ever mentioned?

Nick
04-21-2003, 02:35 PM
:unsure: I voted for 3....but i didnt see them :lol: yes 4 real &#33;&#33;&#33;

Jesus Fish
04-21-2003, 02:42 PM
I think that Number one fits the current layout of Gm, I think that it would fit in good I&#39;m not sure who did it but good job. By the way Whocares I suggest you just use the vote as a partial decision, and just decide which one you like the best, Just like a real democracy :lol:

OPTIMOOSE
04-21-2003, 02:53 PM
SCORCH AGAIN&#33; :) NUMBA 3
:jammin:

Sirc
04-21-2003, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Scorch@Apr 21 2003, 09:31 AM

2# Plagiarism, hmm I think you copied the GM font style, And couldn&#39;t think about new style for GM, because that&#39;s the reason the contest opened in the first place.
Didn&#39;t Slice design the current GM Logo?

Slice
04-21-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Scorch+Apr 21 2003, 10:31 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Scorch @ Apr 21 2003, 10:31 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Slice@Apr 21 2003, 02:26 PM

Originally posted by -Scorch@Apr 21 2003, 03:41 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Slice@Apr 21 2003, 03:42 AM
Sorry but here is my open honest opinion.* I will probably not be liked for it but I am not liked anyways, so oh well.* Scorch you have some nice designs but in all honesty I don&#39;t think it looks professional.* I am not saying that mine are better or anything but your figures look ridiculous.* They remind me of stick figures lined up like little toy soldiers.* YES CALL ME SIMON OF AMERICAN IDOL&#33;* But people take a close look.* Honestly I don&#39;t care about my banners and they can be removed right now off the list.* Oh and one more thing, how many banners did Scorch make for people here?* Not to be a d1ck but if this contest was fair, entries would have been submitted privately and submitted for vote without knowledge of the artist, then voted upon.

2# Did I ever do a sig for Slik? I don&#39;t think so he like my work and so is all the others that voted for me.
It&#39;s my opinion you don&#39;t like it to bad. Did they teach you plagiarism in that course as well? How about originality, was that ever mentioned?
Yeah, but they also mentioned quality and quantity.

2# Plagiarism, hmm I think you copied the GM font style, And couldn&#39;t think about new style for GM, because that&#39;s the reason the contest opened in the first place. [/b][/quote]
Um actually if I recall correctly, Whocares wanted the original font style used.....

OUTLAWS BIOHAZARD
04-21-2003, 04:50 PM
Hey Hey Hey&#33; I never knew that the whole banner competition was so important to you guys. I feel that this may have gotten too far mainly cause so many people submitted their banners and that forced WHOCARES to decide. That would be too hard expecially when lots of artists take pride in their work and don&#39;t like to see it shot down. Personially I like them all I like to see more people doing things that Ive been doing for awhile. Maby Whocares needs to make his decision maby he doesent. I know atleast half of the people woulden&#39;t have done this banner contest if he wasent offering a prize and the truth is if we were real true dedicated people to Gamemecca he wouldent even have to offer a prize for someone to do something for someone else. I have to say I posted my banner expecting no prize and If Whocares asked me to tell him what I wanted I would have said nothing I would have told him that this contest was enough for me. I don&#39;t care if my banner doesnet get picked and if GAMEMECCA wants mine they can have mine even if someone else wins. As for everyone else it seems like you all are thinking about the prize instead of the goal.

Thanks alot&#33;
BIOHAZARD

Stealth
04-21-2003, 04:53 PM
I agree with Slice that it’s too damn flat so to speak...its appropriate for the10 year olds only but not for the rest of the general norm here.

Now, #1 and #4 are much more suitable and appealing to the natural eye and thus a well deserving choice to go with…

This voting is a definite sign of absurdity, ridiculousness as forecast already. Its quite obvious as to the direction it’s heading…

So if u prefer to craft your site to a less appealing standing then by all means go for it&#33;&#33;&#33;

Mitchyl
04-21-2003, 05:09 PM
I personally picked #3 because I found it to be the most eye-catching, professional banner. I had no knowledge of who made which one and honestly, they are all really good. But I just thought #3 was the best.

As a side note, I don&#39;t think this is something that you guys should let come between you. You both submitted great creative work and should be commended. Lets just leave it at that.

Mitchyl

Pure_Evil
04-21-2003, 05:17 PM
Personally, I think if this is ever done again, the makers of whatever is being voted on should remain anonymous and the post should be vote only, no comments like this allowed.

there, I feel much better now :rolleyes:

Good luck to all the contestants, I think all did good work&#33;

Slice
04-21-2003, 08:03 PM
Sorry Scorch I should have kept my comments to myself. :sleep:

Scorch
04-21-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Slice@Apr 21 2003, 08:03 PM
Sorry Scorch I should have kept my comments to myself.&nbsp; :sleep:
Slice,

I think you are a great person and player, and I don&#39;t want this banner contest will come between us, I think your banners are very well done, I think every person have his own style of creating things so I think it&#39;s ok to tell what you think about the other banners, let the vote continue and good luck to everyone..

Strider
04-21-2003, 08:23 PM
I feel kinda the same way Slice does. I don&#39;t want anyone mad at me for saying this, but this is how I see it, and it would probably be true too..

If I had made the banners that Scorch made for the contest, I wouldn&#39;t have made it this far. Not many would have voted for me or said that they were that nice looking. It wouldn&#39;t have made it this far... but since Scorch made them, they make it this far.

Scorch it&#39;s nothing personal and nothing to do with you, but it&#39;s not the banner that everyone is voting on, it&#39;s the person.

Fantum309
04-21-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Haden@Apr 21 2003, 03:23 PM
Scorch it&#39;s nothing personal and nothing to do with you, but it&#39;s not the banner that everyone is voting on, it&#39;s the person.
I have to disagree with this part of your comment&#33; I didn&#39;t vote for anyone, I voted for the WORK&#33; I know this affects all of the artists personally, but THIS IS NOT PERSONAL&#33; DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONALLY&#33; That is your ego getting in the way&#33; I have said it before, you are all so very talented, you should all be proud. Not just these last 4 but all of the others too&#33; I could not have narrowed it down to these last four because I couldn&#39;t have eliminated the others. You guys are awesome, but keep this in mind.........we members want a banner that represents what GM means to us, and we all have differring opinions, so the decision has not come easily and IMO, not personally either&#33;

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-21-2003, 09:14 PM
Nowit&#39;s my turn.
It seems that several members are not happy with the way this contest is being run.
I chose to run it this way, I am supplying the prize. I felt this was the best way to do.
Think about this for a minute.
I made round 2 for a reason and I will make a round 3.
People change thier minds. A person may have liked one banner last week and may like a different one this week.

In perspective:
Al Gore had more votes than George Bush but who is president?

I will say this just because some of the comments that were made really got me going.
I made this contest so ALL members can have a say as to what goes on with the banner we need.
If a member is not happy with the way I decided to run this contest then YOU PAY FOR THE PRIZE and put
your own time into. I started this and I will end it just as quick. Do not consider this a threat although it may sound like it. It&#39;s not. I am just stateing my point of view.

Haveing said that if I upset anyone please contact me through a PM.

Alot of people entered this contest and eacj entry was better than the last.
I wish I could afford to give prizes out to everyone that entered but I can&#39;t
There will be 1 winner and as of this upcoming Saturday the contest will be narrowed down to 2 people.

I understand that this may upset some members and for that I am sorry.
I felt that this was the best way to run this contest and unless I am asked by the Admins here at GM then it will continue to run this way.

Thankyou and please keep all nasty comments towards me through PM.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-21-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by Slice@Apr 21 2003, 11:52 AM

Um actually if I recall correctly, Whocares wanted the original font style used.....
Yes you are correct Slice. I did ask for that but there were so many good entries that I let it slide.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-21-2003, 09:24 PM
In regards to BIOHAZARD
I could have picked a winner in private but I decided that I wanted everyone here at GM to have a vote.

Everyone has made a valid point but as I have stated in my above post unless told otherwise the contest will remain the same.

Strider
04-21-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Fantum309+Apr 21 2003, 08:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fantum309 @ Apr 21 2003, 08:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Haden@Apr 21 2003, 03:23 PM
I have to disagree with this part of your comment&#33; I didn&#39;t vote for anyone, I voted for the WORK&#33; I know this affects all of the artists personally, but THIS IS NOT PERSONAL&#33; DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONALLY&#33; That is your ego getting in the way&#33; I have said it before, you are all so very talented, you should all be proud. Not just these last 4 but all of the others too&#33; I could not have narrowed it down to these last four because I couldn&#39;t have eliminated the others. You guys are awesome, but keep this in mind.........we members want a banner that represents what GM means to us, and we all have differring opinions, so the decision has not come easily and IMO, not personally either&#33; [/b][/quote]
I didn&#39;t mean everyone voted just cuz it was him. I said almost eveyrone. I know there are some who voted strictly based on what banner they liked, but some voted on how much they liked the person who made it. That&#39;s all I wanted to imply.

Sirc
04-21-2003, 09:38 PM
Well I, for one, truely appreciate the time, effort, and money that Whocares is putting into this. :thumbs:

You da man Who&#33; :wootrock: :drink:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-21-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Strider@Apr 21 2003, 05:36 PM

I didn&#39;t mean everyone voted just cuz it was him. I said almost eveyrone. I know there are some who voted strictly based on what banner they liked, but some voted on how much they liked the person who made it. That&#39;s all I wanted to imply.
Understood.
That is why wether I stated it or not once we are done with the voting
The final one will be looked at again.
If you do a search I stated when this contest started that we reserve the right to not choose a winner.

Strider
04-21-2003, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by Sirc@Apr 21 2003, 09:38 PM
Well I, for one, truely appreciate the time, effort, and money that Whocares is putting into this. :thumbs:

You da man Who&#33; :wootrock: :drink:
Don&#39;t forget the guys who made the banners. Slice, Scorch, Bio, the 3 finalists ;) Toast to them too :drink:

Sirc
04-21-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Strider+Apr 21 2003, 04:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strider @ Apr 21 2003, 04:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Sirc@Apr 21 2003, 09:38 PM
Well I, for one, truely appreciate the time, effort, and money that Whocares is putting into this.&nbsp; :thumbs:

You da man Who&#33;&nbsp; :wootrock:&nbsp; :drink:
Don&#39;t forget the guys who made the banners. Slice, Scorch, Bio, the 3 finalists ;) Toast to them too :drink: [/b][/quote]
:thumbs: :drink:

OUTLAWS The Machine
04-21-2003, 09:52 PM
I added the pics to the poll. Let me know if they are not the corrrect order. :cool:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-21-2003, 09:53 PM
Yes they are.

OUTLAWS Jag
04-22-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by Strider+Apr 21 2003, 05:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strider @ Apr 21 2003, 05:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Fantum309@Apr 21 2003, 08:56 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Haden@Apr 21 2003, 03:23 PM
I have to disagree with this part of your comment&#33; I didn&#39;t vote for anyone, I voted for the WORK&#33; I know this affects all of the artists personally, but THIS IS NOT PERSONAL&#33; DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONALLY&#33; That is your ego getting in the way&#33; I have said it before, you are all so very talented, you should all be proud. Not just these last 4 but all of the others too&#33; I could not have narrowed it down to these last four because I couldn&#39;t have eliminated the others. You guys are awesome, but keep this in mind.........we members want a banner that represents what GM means to us, and we all have differring opinions, so the decision has not come easily and IMO, not personally either&#33;
I didn&#39;t mean everyone voted just cuz it was him. I said almost eveyrone. I know there are some who voted strictly based on what banner they liked, but some voted on how much they liked the person who made it. That&#39;s all I wanted to imply. [/b][/quote]
Actually when i voted I did not even know who the banners belonged to. I did not really pay attention to that part of it. I just voted on the one I liked best.

FUS1ON
04-22-2003, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by jag@Apr 21 2003, 08:39 PM
Actually when i voted I did not even know who the banners belonged to. I did not really pay attention to that part of it. I just voted on the one I liked best.
Same here.

Strider
04-22-2003, 01:52 AM
Thats&#39; the way everyone was supposed to vote, Jag :drink:

Snip3r
04-22-2003, 05:54 AM
I don&#39;t want to sound like a dick or anything but I had no clue who made the banners until I went into Teamspeak and Slice asked if I voted yet. Then he told me who made the banners but i already voted for #4, it looks proffesional. Scorches looks like soldiers lined up, Sam looks like he&#39;s lost 150 pounds and got taller. It really looks like someone made it in Paint. I mean the backround is great, but thats all I really like about it. Slice made his own backround and I like how his blends in with it. His characters are nice and smooth, Scorches are kind of edgey. I dunno man I just like Slices better, but I know I couldn&#39;t do anything like that.

Strider
04-22-2003, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by Snip3r@Apr 22 2003, 05:54 AM
I don&#39;t want to sound like a dick or anything but I had no clue who made the banners until I went into Teamspeak and Slice asked if I voted yet. Then he told me who made the banners but i already voted for #4, it looks proffesional. Scorches looks like soldiers lined up, Sam looks like he&#39;s lost 150 pounds and got taller. It really looks like someone made it in Paint. I mean the backround is great, but thats all I really like about it. Slice made his own backround and I like how his blends in with it. His characters are nice and smooth, Scorches are kind of edgey. I dunno man I just like Slices better, but I know I couldn&#39;t do anything like that.
ditto :wootrock:

MR. SLiK
04-23-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS WHOCARES@Apr 21 2003, 01:14 PM
In perspective:
Al Gore had more votes than George Bush but who is president?

Doesn&#39;t the electoral colllege decide whos president not the popular vote?

OUTLAWS The Machine
04-23-2003, 12:49 AM
I think the next time something like this is done, all of the entries should be submitted by email and the poll should be made with all the pics visible, and the poll set to not allow replies.

OUTLAWS The Machine
04-23-2003, 12:51 AM
I still don&#39;t know who made what, and they are all great.I like #7. :thumbs:

Mitchyl
04-23-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Apr 22 2003, 06:49 PM
I think the next time something like this is done, all of the entries should be submitted by email and the poll should be made with all the pics visible, and the poll set to not allow replies.
I agree. But like the squirrel-man said, it was his call because it&#39;s his contest.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-23-2003, 01:09 AM
I guess we can take this as a learning experience.
Sat will start the final round.
I would like all members to take a good hard look at the entries before you vote.

Strider
04-23-2003, 02:35 AM
How will you narrow it down even more? Leave only 2 or 3 banners to vote on? :unsure:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
04-23-2003, 05:00 AM
I HAVE A NASTY COMMENT FOR YOU WHO

AND YOUR NOT GONNA GET IT IN A PM

HERE IT IS: YOU SO SEXEH&#33; wub :rofl:

Mr Clean
04-23-2003, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Fish@Apr 21 2003, 08:42 AM
I think that Number one fits the current layout of Gm, I think that it would fit in good I&#39;m not sure who did it but good job. By the way Whocares I suggest you just use the vote as a partial decision, and just decide which one you like the best, Just like a real democracy :lol:
Yet another ignorant post...

Mr Clean
04-23-2003, 01:25 PM
Who, I hate to point this out, and it was already mentioned and ignored, but...

Banners 2 and 4 CLEARLY use copyrighted trademarks. I&#39;m not saying anyone would ever come after GM if their trademark was being used without permission, but why take that risk?

It&#39;s one thing for someone to use something illegally in their signature, it&#39;s another thing entirely to have it used specifically in connection with the promotion of this site....

Saretta
04-23-2003, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Mr Clean@Apr 23 2003, 03:25 PM

Banners 2 and 4 CLEARLY use copyrighted trademarks. I&#39;m not saying anyone would ever come after GM if their trademark was being used without permission, but why take that risk?

It&#39;s one thing for someone to use something illegally in their signature, it&#39;s another thing entirely to have it used specifically in connection with the promotion of this site....
good point I haven&#39;t thought of this

Mr Clean
04-23-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by BainSidhe+Apr 23 2003, 07:28 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BainSidhe @ Apr 23 2003, 07:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mr Clean@Apr 23 2003, 03:25 PM

Banners 2 and 4 CLEARLY use copyrighted trademarks.&nbsp; I&#39;m not saying anyone would ever come after GM if their trademark was being used without permission, but why take that risk?

good point I haven&#39;t thought of this [/b][/quote]
Sirc mentioned it and it got ignored, but at least in the US copyright infringement, especially in the "electronic" industries (music, motion pictures, software), is a hot hot hot subject...

Sirc
04-23-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Mr Clean+Apr 23 2003, 09:10 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr Clean @ Apr 23 2003, 09:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jesus Fish@Apr 21 2003, 08:42 AM
I think that Number one fits the current layout of Gm, I think that it would fit in good I&#39;m not sure who did it but good job. By the way Whocares I suggest you just use the vote as a partial decision, and just decide which one you like the best, Just like a real democracy&nbsp; :lol:
Yet another ignorant post... [/b][/quote]
And you were expecting.....? :P

Mr Clean
04-23-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Sirc+Apr 23 2003, 08:15 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sirc @ Apr 23 2003, 08:15 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Mr Clean@Apr 23 2003, 09:10 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Jesus Fish@Apr 21 2003, 08:42 AM
I think that Number one fits the current layout of Gm, I think that it would fit in good I&#39;m not sure who did it but good job. By the way Whocares I suggest you just use the vote as a partial decision, and just decide which one you like the best, Just like a real democracy* :lol:
And you were expecting.....? :P [/b][/quote]
Good point... :thumbs:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-23-2003, 09:51 PM
I am not to sure about the copyright things.
It will be taken into consideration.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-23-2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Strider@Apr 22 2003, 10:35 PM
How will you narrow it down even more? Leave only 2 or 3 banners to vote on? :unsure:
correct.
I may even pull one or rwo that did not make the first cut.

Jesus Fish
04-24-2003, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Mr Clean+Apr 23 2003, 01:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr Clean @ Apr 23 2003, 01:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Jesus Fish@Apr 21 2003, 08:42 AM
I think that Number one fits the current layout of Gm, I think that it would fit in good I&#39;m not sure who did it but good job. By the way Whocares I suggest you just use the vote as a partial decision, and just decide which one you like the best, Just like a real democracy* :lol:
Yet another ignorant post... [/b][/quote]
What’s so Ignorant about this post?

In a democracy people can vote and express opinions as much as they want but ultimately it is up to the elected representative (In this case whocares) to have the last say. Even when passing a bill it can make it through all the necessary steps but if the president (In this case whocares) does not want it to pass he just fails to sign it. The exact same thing happens with the banner he’s in charge, and people are telling him that one has already won it doesn’t work that way.

Mr Clean
04-24-2003, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Fish+Apr 24 2003, 08:55 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jesus Fish @ Apr 24 2003, 08:55 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Mr Clean@Apr 23 2003, 01:10 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Jesus Fish@Apr 21 2003, 08:42 AM
What’s so Ignorant about this post?

In a democracy people can vote and express opinions as much as they want but ultimately it is up to the elected representative (In this case whocares) to have the last say. Even when passing a bill it can make it through all the necessary steps but if the president (In this case whocares) does not want it to pass he just fails to sign it. The exact same thing happens with the banner he’s in charge, and people are telling him that one has already won it doesn’t work that way. [/b][/quote]
Ahhh....my apologies JF, I thought you were going for a different angle on this. When you explain it in that light, I see your point. My bad. :thumbs:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
04-28-2003, 08:55 PM
The winner will be chosen on Saturday.
Please get your votes in.
Thankyou