PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic as you can get

Seriously Stoned
05-12-2003, 03:06 AM
All I would like to know , is why is it that eveytime a white person is hired in a postion ( like sports coach) over a black person Jesse Jackson always starts screaming racism, but when a black person is hired over a white guy with more experience noone says nothing. To me this seems like reverse discrimination. Am I wrong or should we just send Jesse JacKson to Afganistan or Iraq and leave him there. The reason for this is Alabama just hired Mike Shuler (Don Shulers son) Over Sylvester Croom. I am not prejudice or anything I just wish that the United States would get over the skin color issue and just hire the best person for the job!!

Sirc
05-12-2003, 03:08 AM
I'm not touching this one! :angel: :lol:

Even though I agree.

Sepra
05-12-2003, 03:08 AM
:hmmm:

Strider
05-12-2003, 03:19 AM

Slay
05-12-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by Sirc@May 11 2003, 10:08 PM
I'm not touching this one! :angel: :lol:

Even though I agree.
What :w00t: :wacko:

Strider
05-12-2003, 03:24 AM
sirc is :ghey:

:oooo:

Sirc
05-12-2003, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by Slay+May 11 2003, 11:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Slay @ May 11 2003, 11:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Sirc@May 11 2003, 10:08 PM
I&#39;m not touching this one&#33;&nbsp; :angel:&nbsp; :lol:

Even though I agree.
What :w00t: :wacko: [/b][/quote]
LOL. I agree. I am 100% against discrimination. But I am also 100% against Affirmitive Action. That&#39;s just reverse discrimination. Quotas aren&#39;t the answer to anything. People should be judged solely on their qualifications, and not if they belong to a minority group or not.

Oops. I guess I got involved, huh? :P

Fantum309
05-12-2003, 03:41 AM
Yes you did, It was only a matter of time&#33; hehehe, and BTW, if I wanted to have create a HE-MAN WOMAN HATER&#39;s CLUB, then I wouldn&#39;t think I would have to allow women into it, unless they were strippers&#33; :jammin:

Sirc
05-12-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Fantum309@May 11 2003, 11:41 PM
Yes you did, It was only a matter of time&#33; hehehe, and BTW, if I wanted to have create a HE-MAN WOMAN HATER&#39;s CLUB, then I wouldn&#39;t think I would have to allow women into it, unless they were strippers&#33; :jammin:
:lol: Can I join? Erm, not because I hate women, I mean for the strippers&#33; :w00t: :wootrock: :drink:

I have a feeling that this is mostly a U.S. issue. Or are other countries subject to this?

Strider
05-12-2003, 03:46 AM
strippers... :happy:

Seriously Stoned
05-12-2003, 04:15 AM
strippers, I&#39;ll bring the bud&#33;&#33;&#33; wieser that is :lol: :drink:

Strider
05-12-2003, 04:16 AM
Originally posted by Seriously Stoned@May 12 2003, 04:15 AM
strippers, I&#39;ll bring the bud&#33;&#33;&#33; wieser that is :lol: :drink:
oh, I thought that you&#39;d be the one bringin the bud, from the earh that is ;) :P

Sepra
05-12-2003, 04:19 AM
Originally posted by Fantum309@May 11 2003, 11:41 PM
:hmmm: Ok Al Bundy....... :P

Dark Reign
I agree with this one......but then my liberal side starts to kick in....

I agree that Affirmative action should be done with, less qualified people should not be hired over more qualifed people, and that it is unfair and racist towards white people.

But then..............

I also believe that there are companies out there that probably have some bigots at the top, and so Minorites may not get the treatment that others do. But then again, if a company wants to run their business like that, then fine, it&#39;s their business, they own it they can do whatever the hell they want with it. Their still racists nonetheless, and they&#39;ll have to live with that.

Life isn&#39;t fair, so people aren&#39;t gonna get anywhere by suing other people.

Strider

Seriously Stoned
05-12-2003, 04:20 AM
I can bring that too, ====````

Strider
05-12-2003, 04:32 AM
Originally posted by Seriously Stoned@May 12 2003, 04:20 AM
I can bring that too, ====````
heh, nice :jammin:

Aries
05-12-2003, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Sepra+May 12 2003, 04:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sepra @ May 12 2003, 04:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Fantum309@May 11 2003, 11:41 PM
Yes you did, It was only a matter of time&#33;&nbsp; hehehe, and BTW, if I wanted to have create a HE-MAN WOMAN HATER&#39;s CLUB, then I wouldn&#39;t think I would have to allow women into it, unless they were strippers&#33;&nbsp; :jammin:
:hmmm: Ok Al Bundy....... :P [/b][/quote]
Psycho DaD :w00t: :jammin: (off topic)

Strider
05-12-2003, 08:42 PM

Morpheus
05-12-2003, 08:46 PM

Strider
05-12-2003, 08:47 PM

JIMINATOR
05-12-2003, 08:49 PM

Strider

Strider
:happy:

JIMINATOR
05-12-2003, 08:50 PM
What does al bundy have to do with anything?

Morpheus
05-12-2003, 08:50 PM
:ohmy: Duno

Strider
05-12-2003, 08:52 PM

JIMINATOR
05-12-2003, 08:54 PM
"I&#39;m so upset I can hardly eat this sandwich."

JIMINATOR
05-12-2003, 08:54 PM
"Am I truly nothing? Could the neighbourhood children be right?"

JIMINATOR
05-12-2003, 08:56 PM
"Except for the day before the day I met you, this is the happiest day of my life."

SoulReaver
05-12-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Seriously Stoned@May 11 2003, 11:06 PM
All I would like to know , is why is it that eveytime a white person is hired in a postion ( like sports coach) over a black person Jesse Jackson always starts screaming racism, but when a black person is hired over a white guy with more experience noone says nothing. To me this seems like reverse discrimination. Am I wrong or should we just send Jesse JacKson to Afganistan or Iraq and leave him there. The reason for this is Alabama just hired Mike Shuler (Don Shulers son) Over Sylvester Croom. I am not prejudice or anything I just wish that the United States would get over the skin color issue and just hire the best person for the job&#33;&#33;
What are you saying :blink:

Death-Dude
05-12-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Sirc+May 11 2003, 09:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sirc @ May 11 2003, 09:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Slay@May 11 2003, 11:22 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Sirc@May 11 2003, 10:08 PM
I&#39;m not touching this one&#33;*&nbsp; :angel:* :lol:

Even though I agree.
LOL. I agree. I am 100% against discrimination. But I am also 100% against Affirmitive Action. That&#39;s just reverse discrimination. Quotas aren&#39;t the answer to anything. People should be judged solely on their qualifications, and not if they belong to a minority group or not.

Oops. I guess I got involved, huh? :P [/b][/quote]
I agree that Affirmative Action is unfair, but that&#39;s what it was conceived as....a way to try to undo the many years of screwing that minorities got. It&#39;s not a pure solution by any means, but the idea is to get minorities into higher positions, and hopefully plant the seed of success to grow from there on it&#39;s own. Now, for how long it runs, and whether or not it&#39;s doing what it intended is probably subjective to some degree, but there is little that can be done to try to re-enfranchise sectors of the population that had been earmarked for less for over a hundred years. I saw black kids in college who weren&#39;t as good a student as I was getting aid, and it irked me, but then I saw the daughter of a prominent Chicago area lawyer, who was in tears over some remedial algebra, who got Iowa student aid, based on need, because they successfully lied on the forms. After that, I&#39;m glad less priveleged kids have a shot.
As far as the pro and college coach situation goes, it&#39;s true, Jesse whines, and even puts considerable pressure on when there is an opening to hire a black coach - any black coach - over any white coach, strictly by numbers. That could do more harm, if the guys aren&#39;t really qualified or capable, and they hurt rather than help future minority hirings. Then, of course, we&#39;re back to Aff. Action, and it&#39;s pitfalls&#33;

Strider
05-12-2003, 08:58 PM

Morpheus
05-12-2003, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Death-Dude+May 12 2003, 04:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death-Dude @ May 12 2003, 04:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Sirc@May 11 2003, 09:26 PM

I&#39;m not touching this one&#33;** :angel:* :lol:

Even though I agree.

I agree that Affirmative Action is unfair, but that&#39;s what it was conceived as....a way to try to undo the many years of screwing that minorities got. It&#39;s not a pure solution by any means, but the idea is to get minorities into higher positions, and hopefully plant the seed of success to grow from there on it&#39;s own. Now, for how long it runs, and whether or not it&#39;s doing what it intended is probably subjective to some degree, but there is little that can be done to try to re-enfranchise sectors of the population that had been earmarked for less for over a hundred years. I saw black kids in college who weren&#39;t as good a student as I was getting aid, and it irked me, but then I saw the daughter of a prominent Chicago area lawyer, who was in tears over some remedial algebra, who got Iowa student aid, based on need, because they successfully lied on the forms. After that, I&#39;m glad less priveleged kids have a shot.
As far as the pro and college coach situation goes, it&#39;s true, Jesse whines, and even puts considerable pressure on when there is an opening to hire a black coach - any black coach - over any white coach, strictly by numbers. That could do more harm, if the guys aren&#39;t really qualified or capable, and they hurt rather than help future minority hirings. Then, of course, we&#39;re back to Aff. Action, and it&#39;s pitfalls&#33; [/b][/quote]
:santa:

Strider
05-12-2003, 09:04 PM

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
05-12-2003, 09:35 PM
2 words:
TAX BREAKS

JIMINATOR
05-12-2003, 09:49 PM
yeah, well a lot of pros and cons for the subject, I won&#39;t touch it.
As for Jackson, i think he is an attention whore whose primary cause is himself
and uses all of these issues for that purpose.

EXEcution
05-12-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Andrew+May 12 2003, 01:56 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Andrew @ May 12 2003, 01:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Seriously Stoned@May 11 2003, 11:06 PM
All I would like to know , is why is it that eveytime a white person is hired in a postion ( like sports coach) over a black person Jesse Jackson always starts screaming racism, but when a black person is hired over a white guy with more experience noone says nothing. To me this seems like reverse discrimination. Am I wrong or should we just send Jesse JacKson to Afganistan or Iraq and leave him there. The reason for this is Alabama just hired Mike Shuler (Don Shulers son) Over Sylvester Croom. I am not prejudice or anything I just wish that the United States would get over the skin color issue and just hire the best person for the job&#33;&#33;
What are you saying :blink: [/b][/quote]
African American people get special treatment (eg applying for a joib) probably just because of their skin color. While white peole are being treated unfairly, partly because if a white person gets picked over a black person (just because of the race) that would mean that the employer is "discriminating". Which is not true and everyone has the same chance of making it in life no matter what their skin color is. ;)

Does that help Andrew?

Strider
05-12-2003, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by xtremegamer+May 12 2003, 10:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (xtremegamer @ May 12 2003, 10:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Andrew@May 12 2003, 01:56 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Seriously Stoned@May 11 2003, 11:06 PM
What are you saying :blink:
African American people get special treatment (eg applying for a joib) probably just because of their skin color. While white peole are being treated unfairly, partly because if a white person gets picked over a black person (just because of the race) that would mean that the employer is "discriminating". Which is not true and everyone has the same chance of making it in life no matter what their skin color is. ;)

Does that help Andrew? [/b][/quote]
racist people suck.

Seriously Stoned
05-12-2003, 10:41 PM
Originally posted by Death-Dude+May 12 2003, 01:58 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Death-Dude @ May 12 2003, 01:58 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Sirc@May 11 2003, 09:26 PM

I&#39;m not touching this one&#33;** :angel:* :lol:

Even though I agree.

As far as the pro and college coach situation goes, it&#39;s true, Jesse whines, and even puts considerable pressure on when there is an opening to hire a black coach - any black coach - over any white coach, strictly by numbers. That could do more harm, if the guys aren&#39;t really qualified or capable, and they hurt rather than help future minority hirings. Then, of course, we&#39;re back to Aff. Action, and it&#39;s pitfalls&#33; [/b][/quote]
I agree that under privilagge kids and people for that matter get the aide and support that they need. What I am pointing out is that 2 people of what I would say equal talent and skill when they hire the one that they think is best, if he&#39;s white Jesse Jackson and company start a stink , if he&#39;s black then they are happy. If a white person would do the same job as Jesse Jackson does They would say he&#39;s a racist and call for his head. My Biggest point here is at what point to we get where skin color makes no difference and qualifications are the only thing we go by

Strider
05-12-2003, 10:43 PM

Yellow[GummiBear]
05-13-2003, 02:31 PM
I really hate the whole affirmative action idea. IMO those that were discriminated for so long have had plenty of time to get back to "where they&#39;re supposed to be" which is what AA was supposed to help with... help to make up for the years of suppression and stuff. I don&#39;t like the fact that under- or less-qualified people get the job over someone better. For example, before I got laid off I worked in a department that required a college education in order to work there..... all except for the one black dude who was also in the department. Yeah, some college educated people were turned away from that job so a high school educated black man could get it. That really irked me because he just wasn&#39;t as compentent as the rest of us and worked a heck of a lot slower. Furthermore, this guy had the biggest "I&#39;m black" chip on his shoulder that I&#39;ve ever seen in my entire laugh. If there was any job that required any physical labor whatsoever, you could be damn sure that he wasn&#39;t gonna be in on it. For some reason he figured that he was exempt from doing that. Ok, so all that stuff was pretty much tolerable for the most part....sure, when I was havin&#39; a bad day I didn&#39;t exactly let it roll off my back as easily as I would&#39;ve liked but that&#39;s besides the point. My other major irk is the way in which we all had to act around him. We had to be so careful about EVERYTHING we said and I mean EVERYTHING. I&#39;m the type of person who really likes to joke around and have a good time while at work, play, wherever. So of course I bust on some people and kinda pick on them all in good fun. Well not only could I not do that with this guy, but I had to watch how I busted on other people when he was around. For example, the one time I was pickin&#39; on this guy we worked with (he&#39;s older and pretty much computer illiterate) and I was teasin&#39; him about how he couldn&#39;t use a computer. I said something to the effect of "a monkey could browse the web better than you".... what&#39;s the next thing that happens?? a black face pops in the doorway and says "what&#39;d you just say?" . Me not seeing the connection at first, repeated myself and was told that "comments like that aren&#39;t appreciated and are offensive". I was like WTF?&#33;?&#33;? I wasn&#39;t talking to you or about you&#33;&#33;&#33; Finally, the plant we all worked at took a big hit, we stopped making basically our only product so over half of the people were getting laid off (the black guy and myself two of them). What do you think was the first thing he did after the meeting in which we received this information of our termination??? He made a b-line to the phone and immediately called up some federal organization to complain because he got laid off and some others in the department didn&#39;t. Well, no crap buddy, you&#39;re the least educated out of everyone there (I got laid off cuz I never came in on time). But because he was black he thought that that should override his lack of education and that someone who deserved the job more than him should be canned.

Another example, not of affirmative action, but of the "you have to treat us better than other people because our great great great great great grandfather might have been a slave" is when I used to work in a cafeteria type environment. It was at a Christian retreat where groups of people would come from a church (or few) and stay for a weekend or a week or something. Anyway, once or twice a year we&#39;d get this woman&#39;s retreat of all black women. Which is fine, I don&#39;t care, they&#39;re all there to strengthen their relationship with God and deepen their faith. Great, good for them. Well as you can imagine, working at a Christian retreat in the cafeteria doesn&#39;t exactly pay a whole lot and they&#39;re certainly not overstaffed. So, the policy is for the guests, when they&#39;re finished eating, to bring their trays over to the window and throw the trash in the can, and put the cups and plates thru the window to me, and stack the trays on a pile. Not too hard at all. Well for the entire week a very select few of these women would actually do that, all the others would just let it pile up as high as it could go. Well, one time I was too busy to go out and clean up their ignorant mess and the enourmous pile came crashing down all over one woman&#39;s dress and shoes. She demanded that she be reimbursed for her dress and proceeded to stand there bitching at me for a good 5 minutes. All I did was say sorry and point to the sign showing the proper procedure for clearing off the trays. It was her own dumb fault (and the fault of the others who were "too good&#39; to clean off their own trays) but she made a big enough of a fuss to the office to get her money for the damaged items... quite a bit over &#036;200 might I add.

To conclude, I want to make it very clear that I am not racist or discriminatory (sp) but I certainly do not like when people use their color to get out of doing something, to have something to complain about, or to just get their way. That is what I call a bunch of crap. You don&#39;t see any white people walking around the cracker isle in a grocery store just waiting for some black dude to say "i don&#39;t like those crackers" yet I say something about a monkey and then I gotta walk around on eggshells for the rest of my time working there. That kinda stuff irks me to no end.

Sepra
05-13-2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@May 12 2003, 04:50 PM
Read Fantums post again........Remember Al Bundy and his guy friends had that club called No Ma&#39;am? It was a woman haters club. :WTF:

JIMINATOR
05-14-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Sepra+May 13 2003, 06:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sepra @ May 13 2003, 06:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JIMINATOR@May 12 2003, 04:50 PM
Read Fantums post again........Remember Al Bundy and his guy friends had that club called No Ma&#39;am? It was a woman haters club. :WTF: [/b][/quote]
yeah, i never really watched the show except sometimes
when there was nothing else. the only thing i remember
about it was that the daughter made a film afterwards
that had lots of nude scenes :P :thumbs:

Pure_Evil
05-14-2003, 12:17 AM
I can&#39;t believe a Gummi posted something that long&#33; :blink:

Strider
05-14-2003, 12:22 AM
lol same here

Mr Clean
05-14-2003, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil@May 13 2003, 06:17 PM
:lol:

Race is a tough discussion, it&#39;s pretty much a no-win thing IMHO, but everyone has done a good job in this thread. So I just wanted to tell you all that...

color me impressed&#33; :P

Yellow[GummiBear]
05-14-2003, 03:41 PM
hahah yeah I&#39;m usually not that long winded... i guess this topic just kinda struck a nerve with me because I had some bad experiences with the issue. Thankfully I was brought up to be open-minded enough to realize that it&#39;s just some people that act this way and not necessarily a whole group of people... I think that is the main problem with racists... they associate the actions or attitudes of a few with an entire race and that&#39;s just not right. I also agree with Mr. Clean... everyone had done a great job in keeping this thread civilized :thumbs: :thumbs:

Seriously Stoned
05-15-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by Mr Clean+May 13 2003, 10:38 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr Clean @ May 13 2003, 10:38 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Pure_Evil@May 13 2003, 06:17 PM

Race is a tough discussion, it&#39;s pretty much a no-win thing IMHO, but everyone has done a good job in this thread. So I just wanted to tell you all that...

color me impressed&#33; :P [/b][/quote]
Yes Mr. Clean I agree with you I&#39;m glad to see everyone kept this well civilized and it didn&#39;t get out of hand. I just get pissed everytime Jesse Jackson get going, I know no good will come from it, Besides what is he a reverend of anyway? I&#39;ve never seen him in a church

Mr Clean
05-15-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by Seriously Stoned+May 14 2003, 07:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Seriously Stoned @ May 14 2003, 07:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Mr Clean@May 13 2003, 10:38 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Pure_Evil@May 13 2003, 06:17 PM

color me impressed&#33; :P
Yes Mr. Clean I agree with you I&#39;m glad to see everyone kept this well civilized and it didn&#39;t get out of hand. I just get pissed everytime Jesse Jackson get going, I know no good will come from it, Besides what is he a reverend of anyway? I&#39;ve never seen him in a church [/b][/quote]
Jackson is a scam artist. He has money and influence because he plays the race card every chance he gets.

Fantum309
05-15-2003, 03:25 PM
Hey, for the record, I don&#39;t hate women, I love &#39;em. wub Really, I do&#33; I think everyone should own one&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :rofl:

JIMINATOR
05-15-2003, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Fantum309@May 15 2003, 11:25 AM
Hey, for the record, I don&#39;t hate women, I love &#39;em. wub Really, I do&#33; I think everyone should own one&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :rofl:
:jammin:

unfortunately they only let you think that for a short while :-(

Fantum309
05-15-2003, 03:31 PM
Oh, that&#39;s right, how soon I forget my last day in court&#33; :bawling: I lost half... :bawling:

JIMINATOR
05-15-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Fantum309@May 15 2003, 11:31 AM
Oh, that&#39;s right, how soon I forget my last day in court&#33; :bawling: I lost half... :bawling:
The money is tolerable, the manhood though...