PDA

View Full Version : canada

mod
05-13-2003, 04:15 PM
canada is debating lowering the offenses on people who are caught with small amounts of pot. now the states is in uproar about it. whats your thoughts on this??

Mr Clean
05-13-2003, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by mod@May 13 2003, 10:15 AM
canada is debating lowering the offenses on people who are caught with small amounts of pot. now the states is in uproar about it. whats your thoughts on this??
Well, it really isn't our (America's) business what in the hell Canada does.

Nick
05-13-2003, 04:34 PM
:cool: I have been smoking pot for more than 20 years now and I have often smoked in parcs and even on the street right in front of policemen and they NEVER stopped me. I even got caught twice in my car while we had stopped for a slim one...they asked us to move on with no fuss about the giant cloud in the car ....that same friend got caught same situation in Buffalo...OMG...there was only the smell...no physical evidence on them...they spent 3 days in jail and paid a fortune to get out !! it is my REAL OPINION that I really want to avoid going to the USA because your AUTHORITIES are GUNG-HO....Quebec rules....rest of Canada is usualy Less TOLERANT ( but they suck...lol) ....in my opinion I have a right to do whatever I want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone !!!!! no &?%&$ policeman or congressman will tell me what I can and cannot do !!!! :jammin:

Mr Clean
05-13-2003, 04:42 PM
Originally posted by Nick@May 13 2003, 10:34 AM
:cool: I have been smoking pot for more than 20 years now and I have often smoked in parcs and even on the street right in front of policemen and they NEVER stopped me. I even got caught twice in my car while we had stopped for a slim one...they asked us to move on with no fuss about the giant cloud in the car ....that same friend got caught same situation in Buffalo...OMG...there was only the smell...no physical evidence on them...they spent 3 days in jail and paid a fortune to get out !! it is my REAL OPINION that I really want to avoid going to the USA because your AUTHORITIES are GUNG-HO....Quebec rules....rest of Canada is usualy Less TOLERANT ( but they suck...lol) ....in my opinion I have a right to do whatever I want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone !!!!! no &?%&$ policeman or congressman will tell me what I can and cannot do !!!! :jammin:
(Waiting to see what direction this thread takes....) :shifty:

Nick
05-13-2003, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Mr Clean+May 13 2003, 04:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr Clean @ May 13 2003, 04:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Nick@May 13 2003, 10:34 AM
:cool: I have been smoking pot for more than 20 years now and I have often smoked in parcs and even on the street right in front of policemen and they NEVER stopped me. I even got caught twice in my car while we had stopped for a slim one...they asked us to move on with no fuss about the giant cloud in the car ....that same friend got caught same situation in Buffalo...OMG...there was only the smell...no physical evidence on them...they spent 3 days in jail and paid a fortune to get out &#33;&#33; it is my REAL OPINION that I really want to avoid going to the USA because your AUTHORITIES are GUNG-HO....Quebec rules....rest of Canada is usualy Less TOLERANT ( but they suck...lol) ....in my opinion I have a right to do whatever I want as long as it doesn&#39;t hurt anyone &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; no &?%&&#036; policeman or congressman will tell me what I can and cannot do &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :jammin:
(Waiting to see what direction this thread takes....) :shifty: [/b][/quote]
kinda curious myself &#33; :oooo:

Dissectional
05-13-2003, 04:47 PM
I heard at one time that Canada has the best pot in the world. THC crystals so thick that the leaves are actually white&#33;

I don&#39;t smoke anymore though....

GO CANADA&#33; :w00t:

:rofl:

You smokin&#39; that spliff Mod? :rofl:

Grimmy
05-13-2003, 04:47 PM
if I wouldn&#39;t get fired from work for doing it, then I&#39;d do it once in a while :angel: if not, then I still have my beer :drink: :jammin:

Nick
05-13-2003, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Dissectional@May 13 2003, 04:47 PM
I heard at one time that Canada has the best pot in the world. THC crystals so thick that the leaves are actually white&#33;

I don&#39;t smoke anymore though....

GO CANADA&#33; :w00t:

:rofl:

You smokin&#39; that spliff Mod? :rofl:
that time is now &#33; :jammin: :jammin:

mod
05-13-2003, 06:03 PM
:thumbs: :thumbs: canada=thc :drink:

Burn the Witch
05-13-2003, 06:11 PM
theres no harm in smoking pot, except the whle "Cancer" thing, but theres nothing wrong with it, just don&#39;t choose to do it myself, I have some friends who are into it though. UK recently lessened the offence on the drug, so I only think you can be fined for smoking it now.

Fantum309
05-13-2003, 06:27 PM
I think the biggest reason the United States, keep pot illegel is for the fine money and to keep the courts and prisons in business. It&#39;s politics. Personally, I don&#39;t care about pot, but it is a lot safer than alcohol. I am sure everyone has heard the alcohol verses marijuana debate&#33; I am not saying legalize pot and get rid of my BUD beer, I am saying if I were going to have to deal with someone that is under the influence of a mind altering substance, I would rather have someone that is HIGH than a drunk. Just put away your munchies or they will disappear&#33; :unsure:

Fred Bear
05-13-2003, 06:39 PM
pot clouds your mind and twists reality. None for me thanks. Legal or not. :cool:

BOSTON SHOCKER
05-13-2003, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by Nick@May 13 2003, 04:34 PM
Quebec rules....rest of Canada is usualy Less TOLERANT ( but they suck...lol)
WHAT WHAT WHAT ?????

AHHAHAHA

1.if u live in Quebec you cant drive and come to ONT to stop in the middle of the god damn road to look at a map while eating your putine and then you freak out when ppl dont have there signs in french and english

2.Quebec JUST PLAiN SUCKS ass

why dont you seperate&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :rofl: :rofl:

EXEcution
05-13-2003, 06:47 PM
Well im moving to Canada and starting pot, what do u think :rofl:

Scorch
05-13-2003, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS BOSTON SHOCKER+May 13 2003, 06:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS BOSTON SHOCKER @ May 13 2003, 06:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Nick@May 13 2003, 04:34 PM
WHAT WHAT WHAT ?????

AHHAHAHA

1.if u live in Quebec you cant drive and come to ONT to stop in the middle of the god damn road to look at a map while eating your putine and then you freak out when ppl dont have there signs in french and english

why dont you seperate&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :rofl: :rofl: [/b][/quote]
:lol:

Sepra
05-13-2003, 06:59 PM
Originally posted by Nick@May 13 2003, 12:34 PM
:cool: I have been smoking pot for more than 20 years now and I have often smoked in parcs and even on the street right in front of policemen and they NEVER stopped me. I even got caught twice in my car while we had stopped for a slim one...they asked us to move on with no fuss about the giant cloud in the car ....that same friend got caught same situation in Buffalo...OMG...there was only the smell...no physical evidence on them...they spent 3 days in jail and paid a fortune to get out &#33;&#33; it is my REAL OPINION that I really want to avoid going to the USA because your AUTHORITIES are GUNG-HO....Quebec rules....rest of Canada is usualy Less TOLERANT ( but they suck...lol) ....in my opinion I have a right to do whatever I want as long as it doesn&#39;t hurt anyone &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; no &?%&&#036; policeman or congressman will tell me what I can and cannot do &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :jammin:
:w00t: too funny Nick

I think the biggest reason the United States, keep pot illegel is for the fine money and to keep the courts and prisons in business. It&#39;s politics.

I couldnt agree more with you Fantum&#33; To answer your question Mod, if I were living in Canada, I wouldnt have a problem at all with lowering fines for pot posession :thumbs: IMO pot is no greater evil if compared to alcohol. I say set the smokers free&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :jammin: :P

BTW, I think the strictness in the US depends on location and the officer your dealing with. When I was a teenager I should have gotten my behind busted by a cop that stoped my friends and I. (I wont go into details because I was young and stupid :wacko: :bandhead: ) He surpassed everything and let us move on our way :thumbs:

Nick
05-13-2003, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS BOSTON SHOCKER+May 13 2003, 06:40 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS BOSTON SHOCKER @ May 13 2003, 06:40 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Nick@May 13 2003, 04:34 PM
WHAT WHAT WHAT ?????

AHHAHAHA

why dont you seperate&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :rofl: :rofl: [/b][/quote]
:P my God we&#39;ve tried &#33;&#33;&#33;

Nick
05-13-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Fred Bear@May 13 2003, 06:39 PM
pot clouds your mind and twists reality. None for me thanks. Legal or not. :cool:
:unsure: sad sad sad sad &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
Ya i&#39;m screwed up all right...can&#39;t even hold a spoon to feed myself &#33;
da da goo goo &#33;&#33;
actualy FOR REAL....pot increases my imagination and wit whilw i&#39;m stoned and is a really good aphrodisiac...not that I need it ..but it&#39;s much better after a nice J.
keep your ignorance to yourself &#33;&#33; ;)

Jesus Fish
05-13-2003, 07:06 PM
The only reson you haven&#39;t gotten out is because you want to have a clean start

Get out and take you debt with You :rofl:

Nick
05-13-2003, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Jesus Fish@May 13 2003, 07:06 PM
The only reson you haven&#39;t gotten out is because you want to have a clean start

Get out and take you debt with You :rofl:
:shifty: actually we haven&#39;t suceeded because there are too many Canadians in Quebec &#33; :P

OUTLAWS Tip
05-13-2003, 07:13 PM
I say we have the next big lan party in Quebec&#33;&#33;
:P :drink: :jammin:

Nick
05-13-2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Tip@May 13 2003, 07:13 PM
I say we have the next big lan party in Quebec&#33;&#33;
:P :drink: :jammin:
COME OVER...YOU CAN ALL SLEEP AT MY PLACE &#33;&#33;&#33; :jammin:

Mr Clean
05-13-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Nick@May 13 2003, 01:05 PM
Ya i&#39;m screwed up all right...can&#39;t even hold a spoon to feed myself &#33;
da da goo goo &#33;&#33;
actualy FOR REAL....pot increases my imagination and wit whilw i&#39;m stoned and is a really good aphrodisiac...not that I need it ..but it&#39;s much better after a nice J.
Ignorance....you smoke something that you have no idea what it does to your brain, or heart, or liver, and you talk about ignorance.... :online2long:

There has never, EVER been an impartial scientific study done on the effects of marijuana. You can quote all those things backed by various groups trying to legalize this and that, but they aren&#39;t impartial, and sometimes not even scientific. Pot does have cancer-causing agents in it, that much IS known.

I think the biggest reason the United States, keep pot illegel is for the fine money and to keep the courts and prisons in business. It&#39;s politics

Fantum, if that were true, why are there so many stories, right in this thread, about people getting let off the hook by the police? If it were such a money maker don&#39;t you think, especially in this budget crunch so many state and local governments are in, they would be clamping down on weed users? Do the math, your wrong. Law enforcement never makes more money than it spends. Police and the courts don&#39;t go hard on your garden variety dope head because there are too many other problems out there, and not enough jails to put them in...

You shouldn&#39;t make statements that are so inaccurate. Someone may believe them without thinking about it first....

Nick
05-13-2003, 08:15 PM
I never said it was completly flawless Mr. Clean....
but I&#39;d rather live 60 good years than 90 sober years....
I agree it&#39;s not for everybody..as alcool...some people react badly to it...
but personnaly..I think the good outweighs the bad &#33;&#33;
peace Mr Clean :thumbs:

V98ci
05-13-2003, 08:19 PM
I think you are all looking at this from the wrong angle. I don&#39;t know anything about pot, never smoked and never will. I do know a little about economics though. The USA and Canada should legalize pot for 1 reason, TAX REVENUE&#33; Look at the taxes levied on regular smokes. I know the argument that pot smokers would just grow their own but a cigarette smoker can grow tobacco also, although I don&#39;t know any outside of Tennessee that do. I say legalize it and tax the hell out of it. :thumbs:

Jesus Fish
05-13-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by V98ci@May 13 2003, 08:19 PM
I think you are all looking at this from the wrong angle. I don&#39;t know anything about pot, never smoked and never will. I do know a little about economics though. The USA and Canada should legalize pot for 1 reason, TAX REVENUE&#33; Look at the taxes levied on regular smokes. I know the argument that pot smokers would just grow their own but a cigarette smoker can grow tobacco also, although I don&#39;t know any outside of Tennessee that do. I say legalize it and tax the hell out of it. :thumbs:
A1 Point :thumbs:

Nick
05-13-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by V98ci@May 13 2003, 08:19 PM
that has one problem...you see pot comes in different strenghs of thc...from 1% to a whopping 30%...if legal , the government would allow 10% max I believe, so......there would still be a strong black market for higher thc level pot &#33;&#33; and of course..between legalisation and tolerance is a BIG STEP &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Mr Clean
05-13-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Nick@May 13 2003, 02:15 PM
I agree it&#39;s not for everybody..as alcool...some people react badly to it...
peace Mr Clean :thumbs:
Peace Nick. I am discussing the discussion, nothing personal to you my man.

What good? I have yet to see what "good" pot does, other than as a pain killer in certain instances, and even that is somewhat dubious...

The alcohol crowd will tell you at least comsuming a little alcohol (in moderation as they say) with a meal is actually a healthy thing. There is so such claim for marijuana, scientifically backed at least. (This is not an endorsement of alcohol either, just something that is usually brought up in these debates...)

Nick
05-13-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by Mr Clean+May 13 2003, 08:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr Clean @ May 13 2003, 08:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Nick@May 13 2003, 02:15 PM
peace Mr Clean&nbsp; :thumbs:

What good? I have yet to see what "good" pot does, other than as a pain killer in certain instances, and even that is somewhat dubious...

The alcohol crowd will tell you at least comsuming a little alcohol (in moderation as they say) with a meal is actually a healthy thing. There is so such claim for marijuana, scientifically backed at least. (This is not an endorsement of alcohol either, just something that is usually brought up in these debates...) [/b][/quote]
I cant explain it...but it definatly does me good &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Mr Clean
05-13-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Nick+May 13 2003, 02:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nick @ May 13 2003, 02:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--V98ci@May 13 2003, 08:19 PM
that has one problem...you see pot comes in different strenghs of thc...from 1% to a whopping 30%...if legal , the government would allow 10% max I believe, so......there would still be a strong black market for higher thc level pot &#33;&#33; and of course..between legalisation and tolerance is a BIG STEP &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
Nick that is a good point.

Here is an even better one:

There is only one real world example of what happens to a country when it legalizes drugs. The Netherlands. They did it, and saw a decrease in their GNP, literacy rate, birth rate, high school graduation rate, (or maybe it was college, maybe both, I can&#39;t remember exactly), and per capita income. They saw a rise in drug-related deaths, violent crimes, premature births, and some other stuff. The black market (i.e. illegal sales) still exist today because, even though you can get stuff legally, you can&#39;t go past certain limits, and if you want more you pay a premium for it...

Economically it is actually a loss. While they make money on the taxes, they lose money on the increase strain to the judical and medical systems, as well as the lost tax revenue elsewhere (Remember, there is only so much disposable income. If people start spending more on drugs, maybe they rent fewer movies or don&#39;t go to a football match as often, but either way other segments of the economy LOSE business.).

You can&#39;t provide a positive example of legalized drugs because there isn&#39;t one. These are hard facts, their country was ultimately hurt by it. It is BAD for the economy....

Mr Clean
05-13-2003, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Nick+May 13 2003, 02:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nick @ May 13 2003, 02:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Mr Clean@May 13 2003, 08:42 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Nick@May 13 2003, 02:15 PM
peace Mr Clean* :thumbs:

The alcohol crowd will tell you at least comsuming a little alcohol (in moderation as they say) with a meal is actually a healthy thing. There is so such claim for marijuana, scientifically backed at least. (This is not an endorsement of alcohol either, just something that is usually brought up in these debates...)
I cant explain it...but it definatly does me good &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
:lol: Hey, we all have a vice, that&#39;s a fact... :thumbs:

mod
05-13-2003, 08:59 PM
:thumbs: :thumbs:

Nick
05-13-2003, 09:01 PM
:cool: signing off for today &#33;&#33;&#33; cya &#33;

solid snake295
05-14-2003, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by Nick@May 13 2003, 08:33 PM
that has one problem...you see pot comes in different strenghs of thc...from 1% to a whopping 30%...if legal , the government would allow 10% max I believe, so......there would still be a strong black market for higher thc level pot &#33;&#33; and of course..between legalisation and tolerance is a BIG STEP &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
:thumbs:

Fantum309
05-14-2003, 01:30 AM
Originally posted by Mr Clean+May 13 2003, 04:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr Clean @ May 13 2003, 04:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Nick@May 13 2003, 01:05 PM
da da goo goo &#33;&#33;
Ignorance....you smoke something that you have no idea what it does to your brain, or heart, or liver, and you talk about ignorance.... :online2long:

There has never, EVER been an impartial scientific study done on the effects of marijuana. You can quote all those things backed by various groups trying to legalize this and that, but they aren&#39;t impartial, and sometimes not even scientific. Pot does have cancer-causing agents in it, that much IS known.

I think the biggest reason the United States, keep pot illegel is for the fine money and to keep the courts and prisons in business. It&#39;s politics

Fantum, if that were true, why are there so many stories, right in this thread, about people getting let off the hook by the police? If it were such a money maker don&#39;t you think, especially in this budget crunch so many state and local governments are in, they would be clamping down on weed users? Do the math, your wrong. Law enforcement never makes more money than it spends. Police and the courts don&#39;t go hard on your garden variety dope head because there are too many other problems out there, and not enough jails to put them in...

You shouldn&#39;t make statements that are so inaccurate. Someone may believe them without thinking about it first.... [/b][/quote]
Sorry, but IMO, the law does go after the dealers, not so much the users, because of the law that allows them to confiscate property. If I wanted money and property from someone, I would make what they do illegal by passing laws, and then enact laws to confiscate their property. This way, I won&#39;t waste my time with the family man sitting at home, trying to relax and minding his own business. Oh, wait, I guess you would have me believe it is still a crime against society, right? I don&#39;t buy it. I don&#39;t smoke dope, but I think it is a shame that so many good, non violent people go to prison for doing something that shouldn&#39;t be illegal in the first place. It certainly doesn&#39;t have anything to do the fact that pot messes you up more than alcohol, wait, I forgot, so many people crash from over consumption of pot, or was that alcohol?

mod
05-14-2003, 01:36 AM
QUOTE (Mr Clean @ May 13 2003, 04:02 PM)
QUOTE (Nick @ May 13 2003, 01:05 PM)
sad sad sad sad &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
da da goo goo &#33;&#33;
keep your ignorance to yourself &#33;&#33;

Ignorance....you smoke something that you have no idea what it does to your brain, or heart, or liver, and you talk about ignorance....

You shouldn&#39;t make statements that are so inaccurate. Someone may believe them without thinking about it first....

Sorry, but IMO, the law does go after the dealers, not so much the users, because of the law that allows them to confiscate property. If I wanted money and property from someone, I would make what they do illegal by passing laws, and then enact laws to confiscate their property. This way, I won&#39;t waste my time with the family man sitting at home, trying to relax and minding his own business. Oh, wait, I guess you would have me believe it is still a crime against society, right? I don&#39;t buy it. I don&#39;t smoke dope, but I think it is a shame that so many good, non violent people go to prison for doing something that shouldn&#39;t be illegal in the first place. It certainly doesn&#39;t have anything to do the fact that pot messes you up more than alcohol, wait, I forgot, so many people crash from over consumption of pot, or was that alcohol? NICE POINT&#33; :thumbs:

Fantum309
05-14-2003, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by V98ci@May 13 2003, 04:19 PM
hehehe, This gives me an idea, if the United States were to legalize dope, then I will buy stock in Frito Lays&#33;

Snip3r
05-14-2003, 01:50 AM
Mine and my dad&#39;s exact thoughts....Pot should be legal and have the same exact laws as Alchohol. Don&#39;t smoke and drive. :jammin:

Free the Weed

ME BIGGD01
05-14-2003, 02:58 AM
my thoughts are i care about the younger generation withthere fram of mind. i think times were differnent for the older people here. most adults that smoke will maintain there job with a joint or two a week but the fixation that the younger generation get is scary as i actually know some people and they seem very slow somwhat burnt. i will not judge anyone who smokes pot. i have tried it and i partied daily when i was 19 but quit when i was excepted with nys correction (yes i turned it down)and never did it again.

i will judge when others smoke the drug in front of younger people to ensure it&#39;s ok to party in there minds. the reason i relate is because i have a family member who is married to this guy and all he does is smokes pot every day. he smells like it and he does it in the house with his kids. he cant understand that the smell wanders from the room all the way in the corner or that his clothes reak of it after his session. the kids know what he&#39;s doing. and i can&#39;t stan him for his bad parenting nor will i ever let my daughter around him. i think he is old enough to make his own descisions on what he does but if it interferes with your life than you got problems

sorry but i am totally against any drug being legal unless it&#39;s medicine.

Troop
05-14-2003, 03:35 AM
They just want to tax it like everything else here in Canada.

Sirc
05-14-2003, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by Mr Clean@May 13 2003, 04:42 PM
:hmmm: I may have you this time&#33; Pot isn&#39;t used as a pain killer. It&#39;s used to relieve nusea (sp) for chemo patients, and eye pressure for glucoma patients. :w00t:

Troop
05-14-2003, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Sirc+May 13 2003, 10:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sirc @ May 13 2003, 10:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mr Clean@May 13 2003, 04:42 PM
What good?&nbsp; I have yet to see what "good" pot does, other than as a pain killer in certain instances, and even that is somewhat dubious...
:hmmm: I may have you this time&#33; Pot isn&#39;t used as a pain killer. It&#39;s used to relieve nusea (sp) for chemo patients, and eye pressure for glucoma patients. :w00t: [/b][/quote]
I know some cancer patients that have been helped by it.

Mr Clean
05-14-2003, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by Fantum309@May 13 2003, 07:30 PM
Sorry, but IMO, the law does go after the dealers, not so much the users, because of the law that allows them to confiscate property. If I wanted money and property from someone, I would make what they do illegal by passing laws, and then enact laws to confiscate their property. This way, I won&#39;t waste my time with the family man sitting at home, trying to relax and minding his own business. Oh, wait, I guess you would have me believe it is still a crime against society, right? I don&#39;t buy it. I don&#39;t smoke dope, but I think it is a shame that so many good, non violent people go to prison for doing something that shouldn&#39;t be illegal in the first place. It certainly doesn&#39;t have anything to do the fact that pot messes you up more than alcohol, wait, I forgot, so many people crash from over consumption of pot, or was that alcohol?
Ah yes, the old car crash scenario. The last time we had this discussion a few months back I posted many links to news articles where the driver was high, not drunk. One of the links was to an article that noted most "DUI" cases are not properly represented. Drug tests costs more and take longer, and in most cases they aren&#39;t done for those reasons. If someone is under the influence of anything, the standard walking a straight line test will show that. The lawyers I know always tell their clients to say they were drunk because it does not have the stigmatism in court that drug use has, so you will get off easier. The "pot smokers don&#39;t get in car wrecks" story is an old wives&#39; tale.

Why do people do it then if it&#39;s illegal? It can&#39;t be addiction because we all KNOW pot isn&#39;t addictive. No, can&#39;t be, although there are a hell of a lot of repeat offenders out there who seem to get caught over and over. If it&#39;s not addictive they should just give it up... :rolleyes: Wait, marijuana is a VICTIMLESS crime, isn&#39;t it? That is what we are supposed to believe. No crime or other drug use or car crash is related to weed. The Netherlands prove how victimless it can be...

If you don&#39;t think it should be illegal you have every right to find and support a candidate for political office that agrees with your position. Even though the majority of Americans are against the legalization of any drug I do respect your passion. I will of course be working for the opposite side, but that&#39;s what democracy is all about... :thumbs:

Mr Clean
05-14-2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by Snip3r@May 13 2003, 07:50 PM
Mine and my dad&#39;s exact thoughts....Pot should be legal and have the same exact laws as Alchohol. Don&#39;t smoke and drive. :jammin:

Free the Weed
Why not outlaw alcohol then? Isn&#39;t that going to give you the same result...equal laws?

Sirc
05-14-2003, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by Mr Clean@May 14 2003, 02:22 AM
Why do people do it then if it&#39;s illegal?
Erm, I set off fireworks in my back yard, and they&#39;re illegal in Ohio.

Sorry. That wasn&#39;t really pertinant. Continue&#33; :thumbs:

Mr Clean
05-14-2003, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Sirc+May 13 2003, 09:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sirc @ May 13 2003, 09:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mr Clean@May 13 2003, 04:42 PM
What good?&nbsp; I have yet to see what "good" pot does, other than as a pain killer in certain instances, and even that is somewhat dubious...
:hmmm: I may have you this time&#33; Pot isn&#39;t used as a pain killer. It&#39;s used to relieve nusea (sp) for chemo patients, and eye pressure for glucoma patients. :w00t: [/b][/quote]
Sirc.....is a bastard.... :P (Yes that does sound right...)

Mr Clean
05-14-2003, 06:27 AM
Originally posted by Sirc+May 14 2003, 12:25 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sirc @ May 14 2003, 12:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mr Clean@May 14 2003, 02:22 AM

Sorry. That wasn&#39;t really pertinant. Continue&#33; :thumbs: [/b][/quote]
We do it in St Louis County too... :shifty:

Fantum309
05-14-2003, 06:29 AM
Originally posted by Sirc+May 14 2003, 02:25 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sirc @ May 14 2003, 02:25 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mr Clean@May 14 2003, 02:22 AM

Sorry. That wasn&#39;t really pertinant. Continue&#33; :thumbs: [/b][/quote]
Sirc, you are such a criminal&#33; Quick, somebody call a cop&#33; :rofl:

Sirc
05-14-2003, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Fantum309+May 14 2003, 02:29 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Fantum309 @ May 14 2003, 02:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Sirc@May 14 2003, 02:25 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Mr Clean@May 14 2003, 02:22 AM

Sirc, you are such a criminal&#33; Quick, somebody call a cop&#33; :rofl: [/b][/quote]
Well, maybe it is pertinant. Both are rather benign, and people are gonna do it anyway. Both are kind of an unenforcible laws. You may actually catch 1% of the offenders if you&#39;re lucky. Everyone knows this. What&#39;s the point? It kinda sounds like prohibition to me.

Don&#39;t get me wrong, I&#39;m not necessarily for legalizing pot. But come on. Realistically, the laws in both cases are pretty lame and ineffective.

Fantum309
05-14-2003, 06:50 AM
Allowing people to drink alcohol and not allowing people to use marijuana are conflicts in my mind. It&#39;s like forcing people to wear seatbelts but allowing bikers to go without helmets. It&#39;s confusing. Like I said before, the law, and law enforcement benifits from catching dealers through the forfiture laws. Poor guy sells a joint to an undercover cop, and loses his car, or his house if he sold it from the house, what is up with that? Big brother shouldn&#39;t gain so much. Michigan has the 660 lifer law, 660 grams of anything and whamo, 20 years&#33; WTF

Mr Clean
05-14-2003, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Sirc+May 14 2003, 12:41 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sirc @ May 14 2003, 12:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Fantum309@May 14 2003, 02:29 AM

Originally posted by -Sirc@May 14 2003, 02:25 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--Mr Clean@May 14 2003, 02:22 AM

Sirc, you are such a criminal&#33; Quick, somebody call a cop&#33; :rofl:
Well, maybe it is pertinant. Both are rather benign, and people are gonna do it anyway. Both are kind of an unenforcible laws. You may actually catch 1% of the offenders if you&#39;re lucky. Everyone knows this. What&#39;s the point? It kinda sounds like prohibition to me.

Don&#39;t get me wrong, I&#39;m not necessarily for legalizing pot. But come on. Realistically, the laws in both cases are pretty lame and ineffective. [/b][/quote]
The people want one and not the other....democracy in action....

Grimmy
05-14-2003, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by Mr Clean+May 14 2003, 01:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr Clean @ May 14 2003, 01:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Snip3r@May 13 2003, 07:50 PM

Free the Weed
Why not outlaw alcohol then? Isn&#39;t that going to give you the same result...equal laws? [/b][/quote]
Because I won&#39;t allow it to happen&#33;&#33; :D :drink:

I know I killed a few brains cells in my days up on cloud 9 :oooo: Then again I know a few people that have smoked themselves retarded too.

Hell, do em both at the same time :shifty: :w00t:

Elessar
05-14-2003, 08:12 AM
i dunno bout most people here at the forums
but i find pot heads annoying as hell

damn hippies are always saying trendy bs like
omg 420&#33;
attention whores all of them.

its a gateway drug
supports not just terrorisim but low life people in general
its addictive
kills brain cells
12 times worse for you then cigs

and i guarentee you anyone who smokes pot reguarly or even occasionaly in many cases will try other drugs
"try" them and the next thing you know theyre addicted and also looking for the next great high

i might of not been against weed being legalized were it not a gateway drug and didnt support low life assed people and terrorist groups (which most hippie pot heads dont give a crap about anyways. doesnt really affect them....)

so yeah i dont think it should ever be legalized and i dont believe it ever will

Fantum309
05-14-2003, 09:23 AM
Aspirin was my gateway drug&#33; Then I moved onto Tylenol, then I went straight to Vicodin, then I took the big leap, and got totally hooked on M&M&#39;s&#33; Damn chocolate will get you everytime. Now I am 30 lbs overweight. I&#39;ll probably die of Heart failure. Damn aspirin anyways&#33; :bandhead:

Nick
05-14-2003, 01:01 PM
for reasons I will not mention...I am AGAINST the legalisation of pot.
I also agree that pot IS agateway drug...I have tried LSD, PCP and
cocaine as a young adult ( and a few more )...but I only smoke pot for at least 10 years now and I don&#39;t regret one single thing....as the infamous Harvard professor Timothy Leary ( who lost his job after testing LSD in the lab ) found out....some of these drugs in moderation actually open the mind to new ways of thinking....I am not sponsering this in any way &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; but I personaly believe I am a better man for trying these....I have no sequels for this, but someone very close to me had a phycotic episode which knocked him on his ass for a whole year after taking hard drugs...it&#39;s a personal choice with many dangers and should be taken very seriously &#33;&#33; MINORS SHOULD NOT TAKE DRUGS &#33;&#33;&#33;
and adults do as you wish &#33;&#33;&#33;

mod
05-14-2003, 03:40 PM

Fantum309
05-14-2003, 04:18 PM
Nick, I guess I feel the same way. I don&#39;t necessarily want to see marijuana legalized, but I would like to see it de-criminalized. I just don&#39;t think people that use or distribute should lose property or freedom. It is a slippery slope, but too many lives are destroyed over people trying to enjoy themselves. Like I said, I don&#39;t use so it doesn&#39;t matter to me. I still say, the government shouldn&#39;t gain so much by busting pot heads&#33;

Nick
05-14-2003, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by Fantum309@May 14 2003, 04:18 PM
Nick, I guess I feel the same way. I don&#39;t necessarily want to see marijuana legalized, but I would like to see it de-criminalized. I just don&#39;t think people that use or distribute should lose property or freedom. It is a slippery slope, but too many lives are destroyed over people trying to enjoy themselves. Like I said, I don&#39;t use so it doesn&#39;t matter to me. I still say, the government shouldn&#39;t gain so much by busting pot heads&#33;
I agree with you ,though I feel that the possibilty of me getting busted for possesion is highly unlikely.... I really find ridiculous that some people are jailed for simple possesion....other than that, I feel that law inforcement have little choice but to continue to harass US because they are so inadiquate at stopping the REAL perps...drug kingpins... ( as they are trying to punish kaaza USERS instead of kaaza PROVIDERS ).... :thumbs:

Scorch
05-14-2003, 04:34 PM
Yeah somehow I am convinced . . .

Fred Bear
05-14-2003, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by =DOA|MH=Ravenous@May 14 2003, 03:12 AM
i dunno bout most people here at the forums
but i find pot heads annoying as hell

damn hippies are always saying trendy bs like
omg 420&#33;
attention whores all of them.

its a gateway drug
supports not just terrorisim but low life people in general
its addictive
kills brain cells
12 times worse for you then cigs

and i guarentee you anyone who smokes pot reguarly or even occasionaly in many cases will try other drugs
"try" them and the next thing you know theyre addicted and also looking for the next great high

i might of not been against weed being legalized were it not a gateway drug and didnt support low life assed people and terrorist groups (which most hippie pot heads dont give a crap about anyways. doesnt really affect them....)

so yeah i dont think it should ever be legalized and i dont believe it ever will
I agree that it&#39;s a gateway drug for most users. It effects your whole life. Alcohol can too. Just look at all the drunks at any bar. The government tried to ban alcohol after it was legal and look what happened. I think this is the reason pot will never be legal. Now they regulate alcohol with laws. If you drink responsibly you have no problems. If you smoke resposibly the likely hood of you getting caught is slim to none. Except if you need a new job&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; They call it dope for a reason.

Mr Clean
05-14-2003, 06:47 PM
Damn good discussion.

One thing about alcohol: There are a lot of negatives about it. I don&#39;t try to defend it in any way. It is right up there as one of the biggest life wreckers in the U.S. Alcohol can be just as dangerous as all the other stuff we&#39;ve talked about....

Nick
05-14-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Mr Clean@May 14 2003, 06:47 PM
Damn good discussion.

One thing about alcohol: There are a lot of negatives about it. I don&#39;t try to defend it in any way. It is right up there as one of the biggest life wreckers in the U.S. Alcohol can be just as dangerous as all the other stuff we&#39;ve talked about....
it all has to do with how much an addictive personality someone has &#33;
some people can be moderate...but some :drink: :drink: :drink: and cant stop....same thing for drugs...it also has a different effect on people...when one of my uncles drinks, all he wants to do is fight and look like an âss...I get somewhat pleasantly annoying but am usually funny and non-violent &#33;&#33;

Mr Clean
05-14-2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by Nick+May 14 2003, 01:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nick @ May 14 2003, 01:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Mr Clean@May 14 2003, 06:47 PM
Damn good discussion.

One thing about alcohol:&nbsp; There are a lot of negatives about it.&nbsp; I don&#39;t try to defend it in any way.&nbsp; It is right up there as one of the biggest life wreckers in the U.S.&nbsp; Alcohol can be just as dangerous as all the other stuff we&#39;ve talked about....
it all has to do with how much an addictive personality someone has &#33;
some people can be moderate...but some :drink: :drink: :drink: and cant stop....same thing for drugs...it also has a different effect on people...when one of my uncles drinks, all he wants to do is fight and look like an âss...I get somewhat pleasantly annoying but am usually funny and non-violent &#33;&#33; [/b][/quote]
well, somewhat, but some things are more addictive than others....

OUTLAWS Tip
05-14-2003, 07:32 PM
It&#39;s all good. Just don&#39;t inhale. Bill Clinton only made it to the president of the US.
:rofl: :jammin:

Fantum309
05-14-2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Mr Clean@May 14 2003, 02:47 PM
Damn good discussion.

I couldn&#39;t agree with you more. Alcohol as with any drug can be damaging. Even presription drugs ordered by a doctor can and do get abused. Anything in excess will do damage and some people cannot regulate what they ingest, and those are the abusers. I have a good friend that considers himself a tri-addict. If he tries anything, he will become addicted to it. Some folks can&#39;t control themselve, look at me, I can&#39;t stop playing Sam&#33; :rolleyes:

Fred Bear
05-14-2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Fantum309@May 14 2003, 02:33 PM
[ Some folks can&#39;t control themselve, look at me, I can&#39;t stop playing Sam&#33; :rolleyes:
Now sam&#39;s a drug? :lol: I&#39;m hooked too

mod
05-14-2003, 10:28 PM
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Dark Reign
05-15-2003, 12:13 AM
The only problem I see with legalization of marijuna is the tobacco companies getting their dirty hands on it, and turning it into a tar-filled **** biscuit.

TheUltimateWarrior
05-15-2003, 12:17 AM
Weed has been legal here (holland) for some time now. I know alot of kids at my school smoke that ****. Even though they are under age. They can still get it. I think most of them would smoke it if it was illegal too. I dont think making it legal makes a difference. You dont see me smoking that **** just because its legal&#33;

Troop
05-16-2003, 03:07 AM
I&#39;m getting the munchies :w00t:

Thundarr
05-31-2003, 02:38 AM
Lucky Canada&#33;&#33; :thumbs:

Thundarr
05-31-2003, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by Dark Reign@May 14 2003, 08:13 PM
The only problem I see with legalization of marijuna is the tobacco companies getting their dirty hands on it, and turning it into a tar-filled **** biscuit.
I so agree, Dark Reign&#33;&#33;&#33; Cigs are terrible and I am hooked on those already&#33;&#33; :blink: Worst thing I ever did was start to smoke, but I know I will quit before too long&#33;&#33;&#33; :wootrock: :jammin:

Sirc
05-31-2003, 02:49 AM
I always get in trouble in these Canadian threads, and there is at least one Canadian in the Reapers, so I&#39;m gonna pass. Canadians rock&#33; :wootrock:

Slice
05-31-2003, 03:21 AM
I think that everything should be legal. If you play you pay. Everthing you do in life has some element of risk envolved. Whether you are driving your car, smoking crack, or just sitting in your easy chair doing nothing. It is so easy to get whatever kind of drug you want in this country anyways. You can even order drugs on the internet now. Drugs can kill people yes, but think of all the people who would live who are not on drugs that get killed in drive by shootings or drug related killings over gang and territory issues. They should make herion legal and put a warning on the side: Warning may cause instant death. If you are dumb enough to try it then you might as well go to Wallmart and buy a revolver and put 1 bullet in and play Russian Roulet.

Sirc
05-31-2003, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by Slice@May 30 2003, 11:21 PM
I think that everything should be legal. If you play you pay. Everthing you do in life has some element of risk envolved. Whether you are driving your car, smoking crack, or just sitting in your easy chair doing nothing. It is so easy to get whatever kind of drug you want in this country anyways. You can even order drugs on the internet now. Drugs can kill people yes, but think of all the people who would live who are not on drugs that get killed in drive by shootings or drug related killings over gang and territory issues. They should make herion legal and put a warning on the side: Warning may cause instant death. If you are dumb enough to try it then you might as well go to Wallmart and buy a revolver and put 1 bullet in and play Russian Roulet.
You are not a father yet. Saying that something is legal is saying that it&#39;s okay. It&#39;s not okay. There are studies that show that cocaine becomes addictive to some people after as little as 3 uses. They have discovered that Extacy does extreme long term damage to your brain after only a few uses. If the hard drugs were legalized then they would be much more accessable to teenagers, just as alcohol and cigarettes are now. That&#39;s just not common sense. Let&#39;s not make purely self-destructive drugs legal. I&#39;m undecided about pot, but the harder drugs ARE NOT recreational drugs. They are killers.

Nearly every person that uses the hard drugs will end up dead or in public sponsored treatment. It will cost us much more in the long run. I don&#39;t want to pay for someone elses stupidity.

Slice
05-31-2003, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by Sirc+May 30 2003, 11:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sirc @ May 30 2003, 11:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Slice@May 30 2003, 11:21 PM
I think that everything should be legal.&nbsp; If you play you pay.&nbsp; Everthing you do in life has some element of risk envolved.&nbsp; Whether you are driving your car, smoking crack,&nbsp; or just sitting in your easy chair doing nothing.&nbsp; It is so easy to get whatever kind of drug you want in this country anyways.&nbsp; You can even order drugs on the internet now.&nbsp; Drugs can kill people yes, but think of all the people who would live who are not on drugs that get killed in drive by shootings or drug related killings over gang and territory issues.&nbsp; They should make herion legal and put a warning on the side:&nbsp; Warning may cause instant death.&nbsp; If you are dumb enough to try it then you might as well go to Wallmart and buy a revolver and put 1 bullet in and play Russian Roulet.
You are not a father yet. Saying that something is legal is saying that it&#39;s okay. It&#39;s not okay. There are studies that show that cocaine becomes addictive to some people after as little as 3 uses. They have discovered that Extacy does extreme long term damage to your brain after only a few uses. If the hard drugs were legalized then they would be much more accessable to teenagers, just as alcohol and cigarettes are now. That&#39;s just not common sense. Let&#39;s not make purely self-destructive drugs legal. I&#39;m undecided about pot, but the harder drugs ARE NOT recreational drugs. They are killers.

Nearly every person that uses the hard drugs will end up dead or in public sponsored treatment. It will cost us much more in the long run. I don&#39;t want to pay for someone elses stupidity. [/b][/quote]
It costs us millions now. Whether drugs are legal or not has nothing to do with parenting. If you really want that buffer, put a 21 and older cramp on them. I think I remember drinking more when I was under 21 because I thought it was cooler to drink when I wasn&#39;t legal. There is a huge psychology behind drinking and drugs before the brain addiction even comes in to play.

Thundarr
05-31-2003, 04:06 AM
Originally posted by Sirc@May 30 2003, 10:49 PM
I always get in trouble in these Canadian threads, and there is at least one Canadian in the Reapers, so I&#39;m gonna pass. Canadians rock&#33; :wootrock:

Agreed, Sirc, eh?&#33; :thumbs: :thumbs:

Sirc
05-31-2003, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Slice+May 31 2003, 12:01 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Slice @ May 31 2003, 12:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Sirc@May 30 2003, 11:44 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Slice@May 30 2003, 11:21 PM
I think that everything should be legal.* If you play you pay.* Everthing you do in life has some element of risk envolved.* Whether you are driving your car, smoking crack,* or just sitting in your easy chair doing nothing.* It is so easy to get whatever kind of drug you want in this country anyways.* You can even order drugs on the internet now.* Drugs can kill people yes, but think of all the people who would live who are not on drugs that get killed in drive by shootings or drug related killings over gang and territory issues.* They should make herion legal and put a warning on the side:* Warning may cause instant death.* If you are dumb enough to try it then you might as well go to Wallmart and buy a revolver and put 1 bullet in and play Russian Roulet.

Nearly every person that uses the hard drugs will end up dead or in public sponsored treatment. It will cost us much more in the long run. I don&#39;t want to pay for someone elses stupidity.
It costs us millions now. Whether drugs are legal or not has nothing to do with parenting. If you really want that buffer, put a 21 and older cramp on them. I think I remember drinking more when I was under 21 because I thought it was cooler to drink when I wasn&#39;t legal. There is a huge psychology behind drinking and drugs before the brain addiction even comes in to play. [/b][/quote]
But coke, heroin, and speed is sooo much more addictive than alcohol. It can only lead to more problems then we have now.

Slice
05-31-2003, 04:38 AM
Originally posted by Sirc+May 31 2003, 12:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sirc @ May 31 2003, 12:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Slice@May 31 2003, 12:01 AM

I think that everything should be legal.* If you play you pay.* Everthing you do in life has some element of risk envolved.* Whether you are driving your car, smoking crack,* or just sitting in your easy chair doing nothing.* It is so easy to get whatever kind of drug you want in this country anyways.* You can even order drugs on the internet now.* Drugs can kill people yes, but think of all the people who would live who are not on drugs that get killed in drive by shootings or drug related killings over gang and territory issues.* They should make herion legal and put a warning on the side:* Warning may cause instant death.* If you are dumb enough to try it then you might as well go to Wallmart and buy a revolver and put 1 bullet in and play Russian Roulet.

It costs us millions now. Whether drugs are legal or not has nothing to do with parenting. If you really want that buffer, put a 21 and older cramp on them. I think I remember drinking more when I was under 21 because I thought it was cooler to drink when I wasn&#39;t legal. There is a huge psychology behind drinking and drugs before the brain addiction even comes in to play.
But coke, heroin, and speed is sooo much more addictive than alcohol. It can only lead to more problems then we have now. [/b][/quote]
Really? Cigaretes are more addicting then heroin. So my point is drugs will not go away, ever. If you stop the killing and make it all legal you will save more lives. I live on remote islands and even I know where to go to get these kind of drugs if I wanted them. What I am trying to prove is make it a poisen. Perfect example is huffing from an air refreshner. That is legal but can and does kill children and people all the time.

Gasoline powers cars yet can kill you if you drink it.

Sirc
05-31-2003, 04:44 AM
Originally posted by Slice+May 31 2003, 12:38 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Slice @ May 31 2003, 12:38 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Sirc@May 31 2003, 12:26 AM

Originally posted by -Slice@May 31 2003, 12:01 AM

But coke, heroin, and speed is sooo much more addictive than alcohol. It can only lead to more problems then we have now.
Really? Cigaretes are more addicting then heroin. So my point is drugs will not go away, ever. If you stop the killing and make it all legal you will save more lives. I live on remote islands and even I know where to go to get these kind of drugs if I wanted them. What I am trying to prove is make it a poisen. Perfect example is huffing from an air refreshner. That is legal but can and does kill children and people all the time.

Gasoline powers cars yet can kill you if you drink it. [/b][/quote]
Rats. I&#39;m getting into an arguement that I didn&#39;t want to get into. :bandhead:

Yes, cigarettes will kill you. Over a much, much longer period of time. Cocaine can kill you the 1st time you use it.

And yes, gasoline will kill you if you drink it. The 1st time. Always. And no buzz. Not much of a temptation, eh? :WTF:

Death Engineer
05-31-2003, 05:33 AM
Looks like I missed out on the majority of this fine discussion, but since this is a forum, I will go ahead and add my 2 cents.

First of all, I have never tried drugs nor do I drink alcohol. My father is 1 of 12 brothers and sisters and I (we, really...the family) have watched as family after family has been ripped apart by addictions to drugs and alcohol. Seeing these families lives torn so horribly and seeing our next door neighbor beat his wife senseless while he was drunk influenced me early on about addictive substances. I know there are people that can use substances (even illegal ones) for good purposes such as relaxing or for medical relief, but in my experience, the awful outweighs the usefulness.

I will never smoke a cigarette or any other substance for those reasons. (My wife is still working on me with the alcohol....darn those wine coolers and their neat little bottles :P)

As far as legalization goes, I tend to agree with Sirc - Legalizing something is basically giving it your stamp of approval. While there may not be proof that pot causes long term damage, one fact that no one will likely argue with is that it affects your decision making skills. And for those of you who haven&#39;t lived long enough to learn, it only takes one crucial bad decision to change your whole life. Do you really want to leave that decision up to whatever chemical is blocking your brain from getting the very oxygen that keeps you alive? :wacko:

Also....Sirc is still my love-monkey.

That is all.

DE

EDIT: I also agree with most of what baldy said. :thumbs:
EDIT AGAIN: I should also add that some of my influence comes from my father who is a pharmacist. He knows more about most of these things than I care to. :unsure:

Sirc
05-31-2003, 05:38 AM
Um...hmmmm. Dammit&#33; You&#39;re not supposed to agree with me DE you tard&#33; Now what is there to argue about? :bawling:

And yet you are so very wise. I&#39;m glad I didn&#39;t have to come to my conclusions through personal experience like you did. That must have been a very difficult learning experience. :unsure:

mod
06-02-2003, 02:15 PM

Falcor
06-03-2003, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Dark Reign@May 14 2003, 06:13 PM
This wouldn&#39;t get too far, potheads are paranoid by nature (it comes with the lifestyle) so I for one being a pronounced pot smoker and a DAMN PROUD CANADIAN, would never buy some tampered with garbage weed when I know there will always be a steady supply of gooooood sweeeeet chronic bud brought to you by the people who love it as much as me and will get off on producing a better product than our government ever will be able to no matter how much money they invest into their growing methods.

P.S. Whoever said pot revenues are supporting terrorists must be smoking some pretty bunk dope from the middle east, because all of our LOCALLY grown marijuana produces underground revenues which in Western Canada in particularly account for a considerable portion of the province of B.C.&#39;s income. The last statistics I saw had marijuana generating more money for B.C. than lumber even.

Death Engineer
06-03-2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Sirc@May 31 2003, 09:38 AM
Um...hmmmm. Dammit&#33; You&#39;re not supposed to agree with me DE you tard&#33; Now what is there to argue about? :bawling:

And yet you are so very wise. I&#39;m glad I didn&#39;t have to come to my conclusions through personal experience like you did. That must have been a very difficult learning experience. :unsure:
Two words: Love and Monkey&#33; :blink: (your new nickname, since I can&#39;t call you Cris anymore)

As far as the learning experience went, I don&#39;t regret living through it. It wasn&#39;t fun while it was happening, but I think every person should have to see things like that before they decide to drink. Would make you think twice before getting too drunk and ruining someone else&#39;s life&#33; :bandhead:

Mr Clean
06-09-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Falcor+Jun 3 2003, 12:42 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Falcor @ Jun 3 2003, 12:42 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Dark Reign@May 14 2003, 06:13 PM
This wouldn&#39;t get too far, potheads are paranoid by nature (it comes with the lifestyle) so I for one being a pronounced pot smoker and a DAMN PROUD CANADIAN, would never buy some tampered with garbage weed when I know there will always be a steady supply of gooooood sweeeeet chronic bud brought to you by the people who love it as much as me and will get off on producing a better product than our government ever will be able to no matter how much money they invest into their growing methods.

P.S. Whoever said pot revenues are supporting terrorists must be smoking some pretty bunk dope from the middle east, because all of our LOCALLY grown marijuana produces underground revenues which in Western Canada in particularly account for a considerable portion of the province of B.C.&#39;s income. The last statistics I saw had marijuana generating more money for B.C. than lumber even. [/b][/quote]
Well I know one thing. You could fertilize the entire state of Iowa with that revenue "statistic". That is the biggest pile of crap I&#39;ve ever heard.... :P

Sirc covered the rest of it for me already.....