PDA

View Full Version : Ikaruga!

Dissectional
05-20-2003, 08:42 PM
I picked this up when it hit the shelves a couple weeks ago. Like most people, I think that shooters are a dying breed, which is unfortunate, because they used to be my favorite genre.

So, has anyone seen this little treasure for the Gamecube? It is made by Treasure (Bangai-o, Yuki Yuki Troublemakers, Radiant Silvergun, Gunstar Heroes) and it is AWESOME!

You have to switch between a positive (white) and a negative (black) polarity to fully utilize your fighter and effectively kill the on screen enemies. Not only that, I got past the second stage without killing the boss...mission failed, but game continued...(yeah, I stunk it up)

So, anyone besides me see/play it?

EXEcution
05-20-2003, 08:49 PM
i saw it looks great! :thumbs:

Hobbes
05-23-2003, 11:52 AM
Had my eye on it for a while, one of these days I'll get around to picking it up finally. :P I love watching some of the vids of really great players chaining through a whole level or doing crazy junk like that. It has a lot of very cool twists to what was getting to be a pretty boring genre.

Dissectional
05-27-2003, 05:43 PM
You hit the nail on the head! I am hoping this and R-Type Final either are the two last games of the genre...a way to bow out with style, or they bring it to the next level.

Gun Element
05-28-2003, 06:00 PM
I saw it in a magazine, I was all like SWEET! Then I saw only for Gamecube.......

:bandhead:

but Ill have my freind buy it and then I will take it over