PDA

View Full Version : My Will Rock review

Snip3r
05-26-2003, 02:20 AM
Graphics 7/10
Gameplay 4/10
Sounds 6/10

The only problem I have with this game is that the Mouse sensitivity is WHACK. When your in a small room the sensitivity is small but when u get into a large room its big. You don't want to download this demo, not worth it. I already found 2 bugs in a half an hour of playing it. #1 is you can keep pressing the reload button and it will keep reloading even if it is a full cartridge. #2 is the mouse sensitivity problem. The graphics are alright, not as good as they can be. The Multiplayer is um...questionable. I think you need to find a IP to join a game. The sounds were ok, a little weird though, kinda old and crusty :P I don't recommend this game to anyone to buy. I'll just wait until the next version of the demo comes out and see what kind of progress the've made. Post your thoughts on the game too. :jammin:

SALvation
05-26-2003, 02:55 AM
Uhh...why are you reviewing a demo?

Judge it when the retail comes out. I agree though that demo needs work.

Dangerous Dan
05-26-2003, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by SALvation@May 26 2003, 02:55 AM
Uhh...why are you reviewing a demo?

Judge it when the retail comes out. I agree though that demo needs work.
lol, yeah, it shoul be called a "preview review"

Sirc
05-26-2003, 03:07 AM
The demo is more of a beta. They are listening to feedback at the Will Rock forums, and they are working on fixing the problems. :thumbs:

Sirc
05-26-2003, 03:11 AM
BTW, I think the weapons are great! I love the crossbow and the acid gun. :wootrock:

I really don't care that much about the eye candy. If they get the netcode working well, then this game Will Rock!

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
05-26-2003, 03:45 AM
:hmmm: ahhh you have much to learn :hmmm:

Sirc
05-26-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS WHOCARES@May 25 2003, 11:45 PM
Who does? :blink:

mod
05-26-2003, 03:47 AM
i was sceduled to get the game on tuesday but it was pushed back a week :thumbs:

Sirc
05-26-2003, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by mod@May 25 2003, 11:47 PM
i was sceduled to get the game on tuesday but it was pushed back a week :thumbs:
Really? It wasn't supposed to be released until sometime in June. But you don't want it yet. They are still working out some issues.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
05-26-2003, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS WHOCARES@May 25 2003, 11:45 PM
oops I was thinking about something else when I typed that :blink: :rofl:

My bad. :rofl:
:drink: :drink:
:blink:
:rofl:
http://www.outlawsrulez.com/smile/hmm/smoke3.gif

Sirc
05-26-2003, 03:50 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS WHOCARES+May 25 2003, 11:49 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS WHOCARES @ May 25 2003, 11:49 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--OUTLAWS WHOCARES@May 25 2003, 11:45 PM
oops I was thinking about something else when I typed that :blink: :rofl:

My bad. :rofl:
:drink: :drink:
:blink:
:rofl:
http://www.outlawsrulez.com/smile/hmm/smoke3.gif [/b][/quote]
:lol:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
05-26-2003, 03:52 AM
There will be a Gamemecca review on Will Rock soon.

MR. SLiK
05-26-2003, 03:57 AM
THe demo has to be some sort of late beta, because the weapon switching sound is just the sound from quake 2/3 when you pick up ammo.

EXEcution
05-26-2003, 10:29 AM
Those only seem to be inor problems and so far it sounds like the game is gonna be as good as Seroius Sam if not better&#33; :jammin:

Static
05-27-2003, 02:17 AM
Just played the demo and Will Rock rocks&#33; :jammin:

Burn the Witch
05-27-2003, 03:46 PM
hmmm, well I think Snip3rs right, and theres nothing wrong with reviewing the demo. He said he was.

And all of the Gamemecca reviews are too soft by half, seriously now, you may not want to hurt the designers feelings, and of course you are entitled to your own opinion, but IMO the Devastation review was just trying to be nice, when being brutally honest Devastation should get around 45-55% (IMO of course).

You have to remember if someone does read a review here then go buy the game, for them the &#036;50 may be lot of money, they may only be able to buy a game once every few months or something. So if you have saved up money for a game, DONT buy Devastation, DONT buy Will Rock. Go buy Half Life from a bargain bin. Or Quake 2. Or Unreal. Theres lots of good stuff out there, (not just FPS).

Snip3r
05-27-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Burn the Witch@May 27 2003, 10:46 AM
hmmm, well I think Snip3rs right, and theres nothing wrong with reviewing the demo. He said he was.

And all of the Gamemecca reviews are too soft by half, seriously now, you may not want to hurt the designers feelings, and of course you are entitled to your own opinion, but IMO the Devastation review was just trying to be nice, when being brutally honest Devastation should get around 45-55% (IMO of course).

You have to remember if someone does read a review here then go buy the game, for them the &#036;50 may be lot of money, they may only be able to buy a game once every few months or something. So if you have saved up money for a game, DONT buy Devastation, DONT buy Will Rock. Go buy Half Life from a bargain bin. Or Quake 2. Or Unreal. Theres lots of good stuff out there, (not just FPS).
:jammin: :jammin:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
05-27-2003, 11:22 PM
I gave Devastation the review imo that it deserved.

OUTLAWS Spike
05-28-2003, 12:22 AM
I like Devestation&#33;&#33; :jammin:

I played it for the first time a few weeks ago and it a pretty good game, my first time on-line I finished third in a match. After a few more matches I actually won a couple of matches (and believe me thats saying something). :rofl:

I think that if a noob went out and bought the game, he/she would have a good time with it&#33; imo

Rivers
05-29-2003, 03:30 AM
Devastation was okay but I found so many bugs in it its not funny. I think they kinda released the game incomplete and half asked. They should have taken the time to correct a lot of the little annoying things in the game like the reloading bug, the fact that objects get in your way, the fact that your team is dumb etc. :blink: