PDA

View Full Version : WAR WITH A FEW

BIGGD01
10-07-2002, 08:43 AM
ALSO FOR THOSE THAT ASKED ME TO HELP AND HAD SOMEONE TRYING TO GET IN THERE SYSTEM, AFTER 4 DAYS OF RESEARCHING THE IP'S OF THE PLAYERS AND THE VISITORS. IT APPEARS THAT KNOW ONE WE KNOW IS ATTEMPTING TO HACK INTO YOUR SYSTEM. NOW, THERE ARE PEOPLE THAT SNIFF THE GAMING ZONES FOR THE PORTS THAT THE GAME USES. THIS COULD BE DANGEROUS IF YOU HAVE FILE AND PRINTING SHARING ENABLED. IF YOU DO NOT THAN REALLY SHOULDNT WORRY AS IT TAKES MORE TIME TO GET INTO SOMEONES SYSTEM AND MOST WONT TAKE A CHANCE TO FIND NOTHING. THERE ARE MANY SNIFFER PROGRAMS OUT THERE JUST DO A SEARCH AND YOU CAN DOWNLOAD ONE AND SEE HOW THEY WORK. I DEVELOPED ONE BUT IT DOES NOT SHOW YOU THE FILES AND FOLDERS SHARED JUST IP'S OPENED. IF YOU USE A FIREWALL LIKE LINKSYS OR NETGEAR YOU BETTER MAKE SURE YOU CONFIGURE IT CORRECTLY AS THEY ARE EXTREMELY EASY TO GET THROUGH. A GOOD WAY TO PROTECT YOURSELF IS.... WELL THERE REALLY ISNT ANYWAY BUT JUST SECURE YOUR FILES AND UPDATE YOUR FIRMWARE TO YOUR ROUTER FIREWALL, AND ASSIGN YOUR IP ADDRESS RATHER THAN GRAB ONE FORM YOUR ROUTERS DHCP. CHANGE YOUR ADDRESS TO YOUR ROUTER AS THE USUAL 192.168.0.1 IS MOST COMMONLY USED. IF YOU USE SOFTWARE ROUTER I LIKE NORTONS INTERNET SECURITY BUT IT MAY DRIVE YOU CRAZY THAT IT MAKES YOU BELEIVE SOMEONES TRYING TO ATTACK YOU WHNE IT IS THE SERVERS YOU ARE CONNECTING TO SENDING REQUESTS OR PUTTING A COOKIE ON YOUR SYSTEM. DO NOT BE PARONOID. HERES A QUIK WAY OF DETECTING YOUR SYSTEM
GOTO SEARCH CHOOSE FILES AND FOLDERS--AFTER SCREEN OPENS MAXIMIZE IT--LOOK ON LEFT SIDE AND CHOOSE SEARCH COMPUTERS OR COMPUTERS ON YOUR NETWORK--TYPE YOUR IP ADDRESS IN THERE AND CLICK SEARCH--- YOU SYSTEM SHOULD APPEAR IN THE WINDOW TO THE RIGHT--IF IT DOES YOU ARE HACKABLE IF DOES NOT WELL YOU ARE PRETTY SAFE. I HAD SOMEONE TRY TO GET INTO ME BUT I REALLY DIDNT PAY TOO MUCH ATTENTION TO IT BUT WISH I HAD. I TRIED TO DRAW THE ATTENTION TO SOME PEOPLE WHOM I THOUGHT WOULD BE DOING IT BUT NO ONE TRIED. ALOT OF THESE ONLINE GAMES ARE THE CULPRIT. BEWARE OF THE SERVERS YOU JOIN IN ON AS YOU ARE NOW GIVING ALL YOUR NETWORKS INFORMATION TO THE ADMIN WHO EVER THEY MAY BE. NOW IF YOU HAVE A CABLE MODEM YOU CAN FIND OUT ALL YOUR INFO REGARDING THE MAC OF THE CABLE MODEM AND OTHER GOODIES.
FOR AN EXAMPLE
OPEN UP INTERNET EXPLORER
TYPE IN 192.168.100.1
THIS SHOULD BE YOUR ADDRESS TO YOU CABLE MODEM. THERE IS AWAY ALTER CERTAIN THINGS IN THERE BUT I CAN NOT TELL YOU AS IT TAKES ALONG TIME TO EXPLAIN. LOOK IT UP. THE WAY I HAVE MY NETWORK SETUP IS EACH IPADDRESS THAT CONNECTS OR IF SOMEONE PINGS ME IT TRACS THE PERSON WHO DOES IT. A GOOD SOLUTION TO A ROUTER FIREWALL IS THE DLINK D1-614. IT IS PRETTY CHEAP AND HAS MANY FEATURES THAT SHOULD BE SUITABLE TO MOST OF YOU.

SALvation
10-07-2002, 01:25 PM
Why are you yelling in all of your posts now? Also, what is your problem with MERC? What you posted in our forums was completely unprovoked (at least in the forums). If you have a problem with someone do it through PM.

Sirc
10-07-2002, 01:39 PM
[quote:6df64fba86="BIGGD01"]WELL IT APPEARS THAT I HAVE NO CHOICE TO TEACH A FEW A LESSONS. THEY WHO THINK THEY ARE SO BAD AND LIKE WISING OFF ON A FORUM. I WILL ENJOY THIS TO THE MERCS THAT THINK SO. AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED THIS WILL PUT THE NAIL IN THE COFFIN OF SAM. AND REST ASSURE YOU WILL START SEEING MANY POSTS WITHIN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS OF SUCH JOY. I KNOW THIS MAY BOTHER mY OWN CLAN AND WILL LEAVE IF SO REQUESTED BUT.... I TRIED TO BE CIVIL AND IT JUST DON'T WORK. :evil:[/quote:6df64fba86]

What are you talking about???

10-07-2002, 03:10 PM
BIGGD01 we do not want a war with the MERCS.... please let whatever your holding onto go. Its not that big of an issue....

Dangerous Dan
10-07-2002, 03:12 PM
i'm sorry if i did anything to upset you BIGGD01, but i just want to play some sam, thats why i bought it, to have a blast :)

I apologize

anyways, got to get to school now

Sirc
10-07-2002, 04:51 PM
Hey BIGGD01, calm down a bit. Its tough to get things like this worked out when things are so hot. You and I don't have any problems between us, and we have played together many times, so please turn off your caps lock and try to calmly explain to us what has gotten you so angry.

This doesn't sound like you at all dude, what's up?

BIGGD01
10-07-2002, 05:22 PM
this is over and squashed!!!!!!!!!!! sorry for the caps it was late and me was tired. i should of just pm'ed falk as i mentioned that was biggest mistake. dan i got no problem with you or anyone else. forget it it. too much energy wasted. fastway i just wont talk to. this all started because i got pissed at one of falks tactics in the game and told him so with an insult..... i was wrong for that and wrong for posting a message on forums when i should of pmed him as i mentioned after i posted the first post.

Sirc
10-07-2002, 05:47 PM
Good then! Its over. Everyone have a beer and a smoke. :D

G|Star
10-07-2002, 06:17 PM
Does that meen u cant have it when somebody kix ur a$$?

10-07-2002, 08:37 PM
sweet. im glad that its over.

good day.

SHOTGUNmaniac
10-08-2002, 09:17 AM
Hey Gstar, your avatar looks like its doing dirty stuuf. I mean he would be cool stood behind a woman.

TheUltimateWarrior
10-08-2002, 09:48 AM
yeah it would
:roll: