PDA

View Full Version : new feature here at GM

Grimmy
05-29-2003, 04:51 AM
I know a lot of you use ASE for server status and all. Well, currently at the moment, we have this for Frag's Quake 3 server running the freeze mod. This can be used for UT also. Sorry, no sam.....yet. Will try to find out more on that.

Anyways, on to the news. If you check out GM's server page, you probably won't see anything under the Q3 servers. Well you will need a plug in, and that will change. This plugin is for IE, and you can use it with other browsers as well.

What you need to do, go to this site:

http://members.liwest.at/mb/q3plug/

Download the zip. It is as simple as copying a file into the plugins folder for IE (IE used in this example, since I think most all use IE). There is also a registry fix, that you will have to run the file in the zip. Close down all browser windows and open them back up, and revisit the server page here at GM. You might have to hold the shift key down and hit refresh. I had to do that. If the server is up, you will get the realtime stats. Who's online, there score, server info, and have the ability to join right from there.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. If you have a GM UT server going, let me know and we can get your server up on that page also.

Frag on!!

The below pic is what this will look like. :cool:

SASQUATCH
05-29-2003, 04:59 AM
Excellent GM! :thumbs:

Thanks Grimmy for the information. :thumbs:

FUS1ON
05-29-2003, 05:29 AM
Ah man that's cool :thumbs:

Casanova
05-29-2003, 10:55 AM
Looks damn cool :thumbs: :thumbs: :jammin:

Grimmy
05-29-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Terminathare@May 29 2003, 11:37 AM
mmmm...I was unable to join the game from the website. Looks cool though :thumbs:
You will have to right click on that button, and then point to your quake.exe. I had to do that last night, but after that, it worked and how I joined Frag's server :cool:

Grimmy
06-05-2003, 05:19 PM
Just and update, windows updated on me today, and when I viewed the server page, Frag's Q3 server info didn't load. I had to rerun the registry hack and then it worked. So if you update windows and can't see that info on the servers page, you will have to rerun it. :cool:

synth
06-10-2003, 09:07 PM
Very nice feature Grimmy :thumbs: Right now only the first Quake3 server is showing up. The other are not setup with this feature yet?

SALvation
06-11-2003, 01:09 AM
Page updated with both servers now. :thumbs:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
06-11-2003, 01:16 AM
:thumbs:

synth
06-11-2003, 10:28 AM
great, thanks salvation :thumbs: