PDA

View Full Version : Laggy...

Sirc
05-31-2003, 05:13 AM
What a lame thing to say at the end of a game. If it's too laggy for ya, then get out early. When people are saying GG at the end I always hate to see the "Yeah, GG, but it was laggy" crap.

For instance tonight in Fortress, DE owned. Not surprising. And at the end two or three people commented about the lag. That is not the time to do it folks.

If you stayed in long enough to get your ass kicked, then take the ass kicking and be gracefull about it. Or just leave without saying anything. But don't imply that the winner only won because of YOUR problems. :WTF:

V98ci
05-31-2003, 05:27 AM
Don't sugar coat it Sirc! Tell us how you really feel. :devil:

Sirc
05-31-2003, 05:29 AM
Originally posted by V98ci@May 31 2003, 01:27 AM
Don't sugar coat it Sirc! Tell us how you really feel. :devil:
Don't I always? :devil:

On the other hand, if you REALLY want an honest opionin, wouldn't you go to someone that you know will tell you the truth, good or bad? :P

V98ci
05-31-2003, 05:34 AM
Originally posted by Sirc+May 31 2003, 12:29 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sirc @ May 31 2003, 12:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--V98ci@May 31 2003, 01:27 AM
Don&#39;t sugar coat it Sirc&#33; Tell us how you really feel. :devil:
Don&#39;t I always? :devil:

On the other hand, if you REALLY want an honest opionin, wouldn&#39;t you go to someone that you know will tell you the truth, good or bad? :P [/b][/quote]
Hell yeah&#33; :wootrock: :jammin: :wootrock: :jammin:

CAN I GET A AMEN, BROTHER&#33; :w00t: :wootrock: :w00t: :wootrock:

BTW - I never say anything but GG because I can&#39;t type fast enough. :bandhead: :bandhead:

JIMINATOR
05-31-2003, 05:37 AM
Well, I&#39;m always lagged, but I don&#39;t moan about it :P
or at least I play that way...

But yeah, if you are going to whine, then find another
server to play on. Lots of times when I see people
not putting out their best game, I know they are lagged,
no need to say anything. Lots of times they will win
anyway...

Grimmy
05-31-2003, 06:20 AM
Ahh the joys of sam.

How has it been?? I haven&#39;t been on sam in ages, so if I came back I&#39;d be a noob :rolleyes:

Maybe boycott sam till they get a netcode that somewhat works, rather then use that thing they call a netcode ya know :WTF:

Seriously Stoned
05-31-2003, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by V98ci+May 30 2003, 10:34 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (V98ci @ May 30 2003, 10:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Sirc@May 31 2003, 12:29 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--V98ci@May 31 2003, 01:27 AM
Don&#39;t sugar coat it Sirc&#33; Tell us how you really feel. :devil:
Don&#39;t I always? :devil:

On the other hand, if you REALLY want an honest opionin, wouldn&#39;t you go to someone that you know will tell you the truth, good or bad? :P
Hell yeah&#33; :wootrock: :jammin: :wootrock: :jammin:

CAN I GET A AMEN, BROTHER&#33; :w00t: :wootrock: :w00t: :wootrock:

BTW - I never say anything but GG because I can&#39;t type fast enough. :bandhead: :bandhead: [/b][/quote]
AMEN :wootrock: :wootrock:

Sirc
05-31-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Grimmy@May 31 2003, 02:20 AM
Ahh the joys of sam.

How has it been?? I haven&#39;t been on sam in ages, so if I came back I&#39;d be a noob :rolleyes:

Maybe boycott sam till they get a netcode that somewhat works, rather then use that thing they call a netcode ya know :WTF:
Lag is present in every game I&#39;ve played. Even in Q3. I&#39;ve lagged badly, and I&#39;ve gotten the disconnect error several times now. And I don&#39;t even play that much. UT lags too. It&#39;s all the same no matter what you play. You put up with it, and you go on. SS didn&#39;t invent lag or disconnects. It&#39;s just called by a different name.

Grimmy
05-31-2003, 07:22 AM
:hmmm: No sam didn&#39;t create lag, but I think they are kings of it though. I do like how atleast Q3 has what they call lag compensation, which sometimes ya might think no way, but atleast they try. Where as for sam, 1.50 is such a joke, I don&#39;t know why they even bother.

Maybe there april&#39;s fools joke should have come true. Atleast Microsoft would put forth some true effort and have updates more then once a year (or 2). :WTF:

Ra\/en
05-31-2003, 07:28 AM
sam , i used to like it, but that was before i knew how laggy it truely was compared to other games.

Sirc
05-31-2003, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Ra&#092;/en@May 31 2003, 03:28 AM
sam , i used to like it, but that was before i knew how laggy it truely was compared to other games.
It just depends how you want to play. In Q3 you may not notice the lag so much, but you are pretty much useless when it is lagging. Everything seems fine, but you just can&#39;t kill anyone. It messes with your mind. At least in SS you can tell when you are lagging.

Grimmy
05-31-2003, 07:57 AM
but you still can&#39;t kill anyone. You shoot, you think they die, they turn around and frag you like your standind. Other games, atleast ya have chance. Sam is only good for LANing only anymore, and there ya&#39;d probably still have lag and get F9ed :rolleyes:

IMO Will Rock will take over sam. Have a netcode that works, and have updates more then a year at a time. New maps, and a community that really cares and makes maps, mods, ect. Where is that in sam?? :unsure: Worst &#036;20 I spent. Won&#39;t be buying the next edition (of same lagginess of 1.50, crappy maps, and no updates) Hell I probably couldn&#39;t even pay someone to take it if I had it :rofl: Croteam just pathetic. Doesn&#39;t take that long to release an Xbox version and such. What they been up to since then?? :WTF: Surely not netcode, I&#39;d see way more updates to that if they were.

Sirc
05-31-2003, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by Grimmy@May 31 2003, 03:57 AM
but you still can&#39;t kill anyone. You shoot, you think they die, they turn around and frag you like your standind. Other games, atleast ya have chance. Sam is only good for LANing only anymore, and there ya&#39;d probably still have lag and get F9ed :rolleyes:

IMO Will Rock will take over sam. Have a netcode that works, and have updates more then a year at a time. New maps, and a community that really cares and makes maps, mods, ect. Where is that in sam?? :unsure: Worst &#036;20 I spent. Won&#39;t be buying the next edition (of same lagginess of 1.50, crappy maps, and no updates) Hell I probably couldn&#39;t even pay someone to take it if I had it :rofl: Croteam just pathetic. Doesn&#39;t take that long to release an Xbox version and such. What they been up to since then?? :WTF: Surely not netcode, I&#39;d see way more updates to that if they were.
:hmmm: Best &#036;20 I&#39;ve ever spent. It&#39;s by far the longest game I&#39;ve ever played. But whatever. And I will buy Will Rock too. :thumbs:

BTW, the people that still play SS don&#39;t miss the people who constantly bitch about it and have quit playing. Or, hmmm, maybe they haven&#39;t really quit playing? :oooo:

Grimmy
05-31-2003, 08:18 AM
ummm ok, whatever :rolleyes: To those that love SS, please encourage Croteam to make something of it. Like have a netcode, new maps, mods, get with in the new age please. Sam was good, I admit, but same maps, same players, no marketing what so ever =same ****, different day. :down:

O well, game on :thumbs:

SASQUATCH
05-31-2003, 08:29 AM
You guys have a good point. :thumbs:

I must admit at times I complain but at times when playing, sometimes five straight days of bad connection I get frustrated not because I could have won but to be able to have fun and play. At times I would stay on because I like to watch especially when I can&#39;t move at all, I compensate by not playing but LOL while watching players being blown apart. :lol:

You guys are right it is best just to say GG and leave or do what I do, watch the game while being dead in some corner and torn apart.
:lol:

Strider
05-31-2003, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Grimmy@May 31 2003, 06:20 AM
I haven&#39;t been on sam in ages, so if I came back I&#39;d be a noob :rolleyes:
you always were a n00b.

ME BIGGD01
06-04-2003, 06:09 AM
i use to think sam was fun until i tried ut. there are so many more things going on with so many more people and i am amazed on how smooth it runs. at this point sam sucks&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

for those who have not switched over--give it a try and you will feel the same way :thumbs:

OUTLAWS Tip
06-04-2003, 02:41 PM
I still haven&#39;t found a game that is as fun to play as Sam. I&#39;ve tried the UT and Quake and I just don&#39;t like them. I&#39;ve got my fingers crossed for Will Rock and I am looking forward to good reports about it.
:cool:

Die Hard
06-04-2003, 03:06 PM
Yes yes yes. Sam lags like a mother (especially lately)
but it is still the only game that can put the hairs up
on my arms and give me goose bumps.

I&#39;ve tried all the others and i guess it&#39;s a combination
of being new and being crap that brings me back to
Sam everytime.

But come on...the only reason most of us are here is
because of Sam, so give it a break....I still love it :P

JIMINATOR
06-04-2003, 03:33 PM
They need to add a knife and running with a knife mode to Q3 and UT
IMO that is what makes sam so damn great
nothing like cutting a sd or inviso&#33;

Punisher
06-04-2003, 07:45 PM
Very true about the knife Jim. It does add a lot to Sam knowing that if you just run around with a gun out all the time, chances are you will get knifed in the back. So switching weapons is a big part of the game.

Oh, and as for trying the other games, I have tried them all. And the only one that can get my attention is Sam.

Panagiotis
06-04-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by SASQUATCH@May 31 2003, 08:29 AM
You guys have a good point. :thumbs:

I must admit at times I complain but at times when playing, sometimes five straight days of bad connection I get frustrated not because I could have won but to be able to have fun and play. At times I would stay on because I like to watch especially when I can&#39;t move at all, I compensate by not playing but LOL while watching players being blown apart. :lol:

You guys are right it is best just to say GG and leave or do what I do, watch the game while being dead in some corner and torn apart.
:lol:
:thumbs: :thumbs:

Black Rose
06-05-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Die Hard@Jun 4 2003, 04:06 PM
Yes yes yes. Sam lags like a mother (especially lately)
but it is still the only game that can put the hairs up
on my arms and give me goose bumps.

I&#39;ve tried all the others and i guess it&#39;s a combination
of being new and being crap that brings me back to
Sam everytime.

But come on...the only reason most of us are here is
because of Sam, so give it a break....I still love it :P
:thumbs: :wootrock: :jammin:

Fantum309
06-05-2003, 12:16 PM
I admit it, I have complained about the lag, but mostly when during the game, I was running a good ping, lag wasn&#39;t a problem, then, a dial up joins, or something just happens and all of a sudden, my 245 ping jumps to 500 or 5000. Man, sometimes, it subsides, sometimes it haunts me until I just leave the game&#33; :bandhead: Or is this just happening to me? :unsure:

Nick
06-05-2003, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Sirc+May 31 2003, 08:05 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Sirc @ May 31 2003, 08:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Grimmy@May 31 2003, 03:57 AM
but you still can&#39;t kill anyone.&nbsp; You shoot, you think they die, they turn around and frag you like your standind.&nbsp; Other games, atleast ya have&nbsp; chance.&nbsp; Sam is only good for LANing only anymore, and there ya&#39;d probably still have lag and get F9ed&nbsp; :rolleyes:

IMO Will Rock will take over sam.&nbsp; Have a netcode that works, and have updates more then a year at a time.&nbsp; New maps, and a community that really cares and makes maps, mods, ect.&nbsp; Where is that in sam??&nbsp; :unsure:&nbsp; Worst &#036;20 I spent.&nbsp; Won&#39;t be buying the next edition (of same lagginess of 1.50, crappy maps, and no updates)&nbsp; Hell I probably couldn&#39;t even pay someone to take it if I had it&nbsp; :rofl:&nbsp; Croteam just pathetic.&nbsp; Doesn&#39;t take that long to release an Xbox version and such.&nbsp; What they been up to since then??&nbsp; :WTF:&nbsp; Surely not netcode, I&#39;d see way more updates to that if they were.
:hmmm: Best &#036;20 I&#39;ve ever spent. It&#39;s by far the longest game I&#39;ve ever played. But whatever. And I will buy Will Rock too. :thumbs:

BTW, the people that still play SS don&#39;t miss the people who constantly bitch about it and have quit playing. Or, hmmm, maybe they haven&#39;t really quit playing? :oooo: [/b][/quote]
in a few years all this lagg stuff will be resolved...
but till then I think Sam is King...
I rather play this game with a little lag then a game I don&#39;t
enjoy with a little less lag...
if you don&#39;t like Sam....don&#39;t play and please...keep it to yourselves &#33;&#33;
:oooo: :wootrock:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
06-05-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Tip@Jun 4 2003, 06:41 AM
I still haven&#39;t found a game that is as fun to play as Sam. I&#39;ve tried the UT and Quake and I just don&#39;t like them. I&#39;ve got my fingers crossed for Will Rock and I am looking forward to good reports about it.
:cool:
We must have been twins..........seperated at birth...........because I feel the same way you do.

I tried UT and Quake and Gore and Half Life and Max Payne and (the list goes on)......but I keep coming back to Sam.

I think Will Rock has a chance............now if they can just include a 3rd person view......:)

Fantum309
06-05-2003, 03:00 PM
Third Person ROCKS&#33; :thumbs: