PDA

View Full Version : Does this sound right?

OUTLAWS The Machine
05-31-2003, 03:37 PM
I tried to join another server to see if I could play freezetag on it and it asked me to re-enter my cd key code. I did not because that was just kind of fishy. :hmmm:

Then I joined Frag's server and of course I locked up after 10 seconds. :bandhead:

Grimmy
05-31-2003, 09:37 PM
when it asks you for the cd key, more then likely you don't have something that the server is requiring.

ex, if you don't have a map and autodowload is disabled on the server, when you try to join, it will ask for the cd key and when you don't enter one it, click accept I think, it will most of the time tell you why you couldn't join (invalid pk3 or something like that)

Hope that helps.

SALvation
06-01-2003, 04:24 AM
Actually this happens when you have more than 1 cd key file in your quake directory. The only cd key file should be "q3key" in your baseq3 folder. If there is that file in your freeze folder, delete it.

JayChyl
06-01-2003, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by SALvation@Jun 1 2003, 05:24 AM
Actually this happens when you have more than 1 cd key file in your quake directory. The only cd key file should be "q3key" in your baseq3 folder. If there is that file in your freeze folder, delete it.
Yes, thats true, you need to have a cd key enterd in that file, that file you can find in all other mods directories.