PDA

View Full Version : Gforce4 Ti4200 up in flames. Dooooooooooooo!

SASQUATCH
10-08-2002, 12:38 PM
Ok guys this is important for everyone to know ok. The Gforce4 Ti4200 has been known to over heat ok. Well it was on fire today on my system. LOL :shock: :? :o :shock: :shock:

I never over clock it at all but I have notice that it was very hot and heaten up at times. I will need to look into it and find out more about it and post it to all gforce ti4200 users.

The card I got is the PalitDaytona Gforce4 Ti4200 64MB DDR 256-bit Engine / 4X AGP.

So with that guys be careful. What I should have done is gotten an extra fan but I never got around to it but still this card I would not recommend.

Talk about bad luck man that I have been having sh** man. LOL :shock: :?

Someone out there hates me man. j/k :shock: :?

Anyway if anyone has information on this card let me know but I will be doing my homework on this to find out more.

I just had to write and to let you all know because I know that Goober has this card too and I just finish talking to him on the phone to warn him in case it happens to him.

Holy sh** man and I thought I would stay away for awhile but this was important to tell everyone in case.

SASQUATCH

Slash
10-08-2002, 12:44 PM
That sucks SAS, I have the Inno3d version of the same card and I haven't had any trouble.

SASQUATCH
10-08-2002, 12:54 PM
I tell you it's funny because I am here at the computer and I am Laughing my as* off because I know that most poeple would be really mad but me I have to Laugh about this because I have had bad luck lately.

:shock: :shock: :shock: DOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe what I should do is find something sharp and just cut my wrist off. j/k LOL

I don't know what the beep! is going on man. LOL

Well time to get a new card that is for sure. DOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL-LOL-LOL-LOL

SAS

G|Star
10-08-2002, 12:58 PM
wow sas that sux if that wuold happen to me i would flip for sure 200 € away :shock: im glad u can laugh at it :)

Snip3r
10-08-2002, 09:55 PM
I have a P3 362MHZ or something in the 300'z, Nvidia GeForce2 and 384 MB of RAM...My sys specs suck but I can still play UT2003 fine...although I wish I had Machines computer.....I wish I was his son :P

Gun Element
10-08-2002, 10:16 PM
hahaha :D

OUTLAWS The Machine
10-08-2002, 10:17 PM
So is it fried? RMA time.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
10-08-2002, 10:42 PM
That blows as man.
Send it back

SASQUATCH
10-08-2002, 11:05 PM
I called the company and now I need to send them an email with the information then they will replace it.

[color=red:7c6fea1294][b:7c6fea1294]Now here is another problem that happen to me.[/b:7c6fea1294] [/color:7c6fea1294]LOL

[color=darkred:7c6fea1294][b:7c6fea1294]The power supply went dead on me[/b:7c6fea1294].[/color:7c6fea1294] LOL

I was able to replace it and it's much more powerful.

:shock: :shock: :shock: LOL-LOL-LOL

Doooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:

I feel something evil around me man. :twisted:

LOL

I was born to struggle man. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: j/k

Ok now I will wait for more problems to happen to my system. :lol: :o :shock:

Ok let me see now, Hmmmmm oh yeah maybe now it will be my mother board. Doooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well that was an interesting day I had today. :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Maybe I should consider playing PS2 now or XBOX, Yeah that will do!!! :lol:

Ohooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!! Man help me please!!!!!!!! LOL j/k :lol: :lol:

Oh boy!. . . . what now, no-no-no-not again please ohoooooo!!!!! :lol: :shock:

The story of SASQUATCH has ended and now for a new chapter of

<Back round Evil sounds effects @@@### :!: :!: :!: :!: >
[size=24:7c6fea1294]WHAT WILL BE NEXT :!: [/size:7c6fea1294]

Until next time, same time, same channel . . . . :shock: :lol:

SAS

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
10-08-2002, 11:10 PM
Was the power supply bad?

SASQUATCH
10-08-2002, 11:25 PM
IT WAS NEW AND NOW JUNK. . . . :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Well the good news is that I should be getting two Dual processors systems very soon. That should make me happy but I will consider
buying two monster graphic cards and it will not be Gforce.

SAS

Gun Element
10-08-2002, 11:36 PM
hahaha :D

Pathos
10-08-2002, 11:42 PM
[quote:f219c39578="SASQUATCH DOA"]II feel something evil around me man. :twisted:

I was born to struggle man. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: j/k

Maybe I should consider playing PS2 now or XBOX, Yeah that will do!!! :lol:
[/quote:f219c39578]

LOL! Funny stuff my Abominable bud.

Slice
10-09-2002, 12:34 AM
[quote:1055b52637="SASQUATCH DOA"]IT WAS NEW AND NOW JUNK. . . . :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Well the good news is that I should be getting two Dual processors systems very soon. That should make me happy but I will consider

SAS[/quote:1055b52637]

That is too bad, sorry to hear of your troubles with Geforce silicone, but I don't think that it was your chipset on the card that was the problem. I have a Visiontek GeForce 4 ti4600 and have had no problems with it! I would be carefull if you are considering the ATI 9700. I have read about a lot of problems with UT2003 with this card! If I were you I would contact the manufacturer of your current card and explain what happend and see what they say. They may replace the card for free. ;)

OUTLAWS The Machine
10-09-2002, 01:22 AM
The power supply more than likely fried your video card. When the voltage drops the current had to increase to supply the same power to the video card since Power=Voltage x Current. An increase in current will increase the temperature very fast which results in fried gpu.

SASQUATCH
10-10-2002, 02:58 PM
[quote:7c0bd98902="OUTLAWS The Machine"]The power supply more than likely fried your video card. When the voltage drops the current had to increase to supply the same power to the video card since Power=Voltage x Current. An increase in current will increase the temperature very fast which results in fried gpu.[/quote:7c0bd98902]

Thanks Machine that could have happen. I have not had the chance to look into all possiblities with all the shit that has happen lately but you may have hit the spot for sure my knowledgable friend. I was planning to add a more powerful power supply but I never got around to it until now.

SAS

SASQUATCH
10-10-2002, 03:02 PM
[quote:45caaba844="Slice"][quote:45caaba844="SASQUATCH DOA"]IT WAS NEW AND NOW JUNK. . . . :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol:

SAS[/quote:45caaba844]

That is too bad, sorry to hear of your troubles with Geforce silicone, but I don't think that it was your chipset on the card that was the problem. I have a Visiontek GeForce 4 ti4600 and have had no problems with it! I would be carefull if you are considering the ATI 9700. I have read about a lot of problems with UT2003 with this card! If I were you I would contact the manufacturer of your current card and explain what happend and see what they say. They may replace the card for free. ;)[/quote:45caaba844]

Thanks I have done that already but I believe Machine is right about the power supply and I have a Gforce Ti4200 and they have been know to over heat but I have never heard of anything more then that, but for the ATI 9700 that I will look into once I get the chance too and thank you once again.