PDA

View Full Version : HHH and the meaning of life

melonhead
06-07-2003, 08:43 AM
Hi guys, just wanted you to know I've had fun on your server, and yes Ada, I shall be fragging you again. :P I belong to a group of FFA'ers called Hector's HeadZ. We are a similar bunch to you guys, the playing style might be different, but the principle still holds: we just play Quake to have fun. There are some actual "clans" within our group, some take the game types seriously, such as TDM(Team DeathMatch) but when we're at our public servers, it's all about shooting and shooting the bull. I'm inviting all of you to drop by if you can. We have a great bunch of people that are very helpful. I'll warn you right now though, there are members that are entry to mid level pro. You'll know them because they get 50 frags to your 5 and noone complains. :cool: But they all recognize that the public servers are just for everybody, and don't bring their ego's (if they have any). If you do run into any problems with a player, please tell me their names, I'll look into it. Otherwise, I expect no issues. Your code of conduct seems to be the same as ours. We also run a UFT server, although it's not updated to 1.2, but it's voteable. If you need the server to practice on for the tournament, for instance, let me know. The LOD guys asked about it already, but I see that it's still unsued.
Anyway, I'll close now, and add the IP addresses. You guys all run a good server, it's fun to join and play. I know I haven't met you all, but eventually you'll step into my crosshairs and POW! I got ya. ;)
Melonhead
Hector's Hurt Hut- 136.142.160.211:27960 Pitts, PA
Heck Hector's is Busy- 129.49.82.251:27960 LI, NY
Headz Brain Freeze- 129.49.82.250:27962 LI NY

P.S. In the Vanilla Quake world, I go by the name Mopar

JIMINATOR
06-07-2003, 09:09 AM
Hi Guy - we have heard a lot of good things about you.
Just so you know, a lot of us play serious sam second edition.
it is available in the bargain racks of walmart and every where else for under $10.
if you want to give it a try, I think you might like it.
The action is fast and furious, plus you have a knife
that allows you to run faster and jump higher and will kill
with one blow. Grimmy complains about the netcode, but when
playing US servers most of us don't have a problem.
I am still working on getting better at sam, if you see
me in Quake, i will be the guy whose ass you are kicking
all the time... :thumbs:

melonhead
06-07-2003, 09:40 AM
Well, a few of our guys play SS, and they say it's a blast. I'll keep an eye out for it, If I snag a copy, I'll let ya know. Cheers. :drink:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
06-07-2003, 02:12 PM
Hi Melonhead. :wave:
You really should try Serious Sam Second Encounter.
Remember to get the 1.07 patch, and you'll be good to go.
Don't bother checking out the single player.....just hop onto a server and start fraggin'!
The controls are really simple. :thumbs:

Man,...do I sound like a FAN BOY, or what? :)

Grimmy
06-07-2003, 02:17 PM
:rolleyes: HPC :rofl:

Thanks for the info Melon, will have to check those servers out :thumbs: Just be prepared when/if you try sam. I don't think it is too bad. It could be better, but all games are like it. Anyway that is a long story :shifty:

Game on :jammin:

Fragetti
06-07-2003, 02:55 PM
Hi Melonhead :thumbs:
Welcom to GM I enjoyed playing with ya on the Q3 server. Thanks for the links and if you have any questions fell free to ask. You know we keep stats
on the Q3 server and you moved up very quicky as have a few other player
congrats to all :jammin: get your stats here

www.outlawsrulez.com
enjoy Frag

OUTLAWS Spike
06-07-2003, 03:56 PM
Wazzup Melon?? It's been a blast Quakin with you!! :jammin:

melonhead
06-07-2003, 05:29 PM
Oops, I spoke too soon. The HeadZ Brain Freeze server I told you about is being upgraded right now. It won't be in use until the tournament actually starts, as It's going to officially be LIC12. LOD Alien beat me to the punch. Oh well, see ya's around.

OUTLAWS Spike
06-07-2003, 05:40 PM
I can't connect to the 1st 2 servers, it said something about pb had to be updated and installed! :bawling:

I have it updated and installed/enabled. :WTF:

melonhead
06-08-2003, 05:57 AM
Hmm...that's odd. Are you sure you have the PB enabled in your config? Try this: open Quake, click on multiplayer, and see if the PB says enabled. I'll mention it to the admins, but we have a ton of people that connect to the server from the UFT community, so I can't see why there would be a problem. Keep me posted.

melonhead
06-08-2003, 06:09 AM
Just thought of something Spike. When you connect to those servers, it's not Freeze Tag anymore, it's your normal,(or vanilla) Quake. This should have a different config. If you haven't played the normal Q3 online, you will have a default config, and I suspect that's your problem.

OUTLAWS Spike
06-08-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by melonhead@Jun 7 2003, 11:57 PM
Hmm...that's odd. Are you sure you have the PB enabled in your config? Try this: open Quake, click on multiplayer, and see if the PB says enabled. I'll mention it to the admins, but we have a ton of people that connect to the server from the UFT community, so I can't see why there would be a problem. Keep me posted.
I thought I had pb on b ut I didn't , It works now. :thumbs:

What was all that chat about someone doing something wrong? :WTF: