PDA

View Full Version : just looking through old pictures

WillyTrombone
10-09-2002, 05:03 AM
I really hope I get to go to E3 again next year.

http://willyt.dyndns.org/elves.jpg

It was a blast. (in the pants, that is)

WillyTrombone
10-09-2002, 05:05 AM
and here's my dog.

http://willyt.dyndns.org/spike401.jpg

He can kick your dog's ass. Or at least outrun long enough to use my oppressive stature to scare him off. ;)

Slice
10-09-2002, 05:06 AM
Um those chicks are wicked hot, but what is E3? :oops:

WillyTrombone
10-09-2002, 05:07 AM
I was gonna post one of myself, but I don't have any that I don't look pissed off enough to kill, and strangely enough, I actually don't feel that way right now. (It must have been the pie my sister brought over)

WillyTrombone
10-09-2002, 05:10 AM
dude! E3 is the electronic entertainment expo. Y'know, the HUGE trade show for the computer and video game companies each year in LA. My brother got a couple of tickets through his employer for it last may, so I go to go with him. Those women were posing for the hobbitt game due out sometime soon (either this winter or spring). They're supposed to be elves, I presume, and their booth was a mockup of Bilbo's home.

(also worth noting were the impressiveness of the Westwood, Army, and UT booths. And I got to see Tony Hawk and a few of his cronies skating live. :))

MR. SLiK
10-09-2002, 05:11 AM
[quote:cb14b5a210="WillyTrombone"]dude! E3 is the electronic entertainment expo. Y'know, the HUGE trade show for the computer and video game companies each year in LA. My brother got a couple of tickets through his employer for it last may, so I go to go with him. Those women were posing for the hobbitt game due out sometime soon (either this winter or spring). They're supposed to be elves, I presume, and their booth was a mockup of Bilbo's home.

(also worth noting were the impressiveness of the Westwood, Army, and UT booths. And I got to see Tony Hawk and a few of his cronies skating live. :))[/quote:cb14b5a210]

Doom3?

Slice
10-09-2002, 05:15 AM
[quote:81bb99a0f7]He can kick your dog's ass. Or at least outrun long enough to use my oppressive stature to scare him off.
[/quote:81bb99a0f7]

Dude, my dog carries a gun. :P

Dangerous Dan
10-09-2002, 05:50 AM
dude! you must have a sweet job in order to get to go to E3!!! only ppl in the video game industry/entertainment get to go to that!!! how'd you get tickets? you work in the entertainment industry? or a reporter or something??

WillyTrombone
10-09-2002, 06:24 AM
I got them through my brother. He was working for a spyware/spammer company and they were working on a deal with a prominent game publisher, so they got tickets and I got one of the spares. Cool show.

As for doom 3, there wasn't really anything to see. They had the video playing on the monitors, but it was impossible to hear more than half of it over the MS xbox display blaring their star wars music and sounds for a very bland-looking game (knights of the republic) about 15 feet away. What I did see looked like they've been having a lot of fun drawing new levels and monster for doom. It was so preliminary that it wasn't even worth mentioning though. And given the blaise state of q3a, I wasn't all that interested in their next project. In fact, until it was mentioned here, I didn't even think of the the presentation. When I think of the trip, I think of those, as well as nintendo's and sega's booths, the robotech game, the tom clancy games, the dynasty warriors sequels, and the other games I mentioned above. id's presence there was more like "please don't forget us."

SIFI
10-09-2002, 09:28 PM
dude that would be sweet to go to E3!

Sacrifice
10-09-2002, 09:36 PM
have u been to comicon?comic con is the best for anime lovers

Gun Element
10-09-2002, 09:43 PM
Ive always wanted to go to E3's so badly, but at Japan, no reason. well maybe for the visit and that they have like the newest games that are way newer than the ones here. For that Japan always has everything first.

blah blah blah blah.

so yea

MR. SLiK
10-09-2002, 11:17 PM
[quote:f06fbbc7de="WillyTrombone"] id's presence there was more like "please don't forget us."[/quote:f06fbbc7de]

Actually it was rated best of e3, and I read/heard it was constantly crowded to get in the theatre since there wasnt many seats inside. And apparently according to Term all the tickets were gone, sure doesnt sound like "dont forget us" to me.

Mr Clean
10-10-2002, 07:41 PM
People people!!!

[quote:6279dc565d]I was gonna post one of myself, but I don't have any that I don't look pissed off enough to kill, and strangely enough, I actually don't feel that way right now. (It must have been the pie my sister brought over)[/quote:6279dc565d]

How did you all let this slip by without so much as one comment about incest???? :shock:

WillyTrombone
10-10-2002, 07:42 PM
perhaps on the early days, yeah, but by the time I went (it was eitehr the last or second to last day), everyone knew they remained true to their habits and had nothing but hype there. The best of show came mostly from guys that think quake is the only computer game ever made. I'm just saying the emporer had no clothes.

SALvation
10-10-2002, 07:45 PM
[quote:7d0fad1559="WillyTrombone"]...I'm just saying the emporer had no clothes.[/quote:7d0fad1559]

Don't let Hammer find out!

Mr Clean
10-10-2002, 10:33 PM
Why, is he a clothes salesman? :D