PDA

View Full Version : Lanwar in Louisville, KY

Gold[GummiBear]
10-09-2002, 05:13 AM
Just wondering if any of you all have been to Lanwar in Louisville, KY. They also had the MML (Million Man LAN) there last Memorial Day weekend. They are having a Lanwar this weekend Oct. 12-13 and will host about 550 gamers with 4 official tournies...

- UT DM
- Warcraft 3
- Counter Strike
- UT2003 Bombing Run

It's a BLAST and us Gummis go to it about twice a year just to meet up and have a good time. We're coming in from FL, SC, NC, PA, OH, GA, and IN!! It's just a great venue to get together, play some games, meet new people, and hit the town and party it up!

Lanwar starts at noon on Saturday and runs until about 4pm on Sunday....non-stop!

Check it out at http://www.lanwar.com

Mr Clean
10-09-2002, 05:19 AM
Sounds cool, but with such short notice I'm not sure many people can make it, especially considering the LAN they are having in Louisiana this weekend. Give us a nice early heads up next year so we can get lots of GameMecca folks to go!

FUS1ON
10-09-2002, 06:04 AM
Yeah Gold, I was checking that out from your other post about Lanwar. Man that is some big deal. Four events a year with 500+ people, WOW!
The LAN we are having this weekend is only gonna have around 10 people. I wish more could make it, but this only the first one for us and we plan on having more in the future.

BTW Welcome to Gamemecca. :D

Smooth[GummiBear]
10-10-2002, 12:22 AM
LanWar is literally the most fun thing I do in the year. THey put on a friggin awesome event.

If any of you are in the Southern Indiana area, check out AsylumLAN. Its a 150 person event in Evansville, IN. We still have a few seats left. We do quarterly events as well.

Gun Element
10-10-2002, 12:27 AM
Im too young to do anytyhing like that. :cry:

Sean123
10-10-2002, 07:18 PM
Do you have to be 18 and over to join that?