PDA

View Full Version : Sunday games

lobadobadingdong
06-15-2003, 11:04 PM
I know nobody seems to play any of the sunday games anymore, and I have to agree with their decisions myself now, my wife and I have decided to start going to church on Sunday nights again, which starts at the same time as our sunday games. anyone up to change the day to Saturday? I've been trying to recruit more into our clan since only a very few of us ever actually play (I know I watch ASE a lot to see who is on) and nobody wants to join because our practices are on sundays instead of saturdays like all the other clans.

{ATF} DaMutha
06-16-2003, 01:21 AM
I would probably have a better chance on Saturdays, as well. Though I'm the proud papa of a new 4 day old baby boy, so my playing time may be significantly reduced!

He's sleeping now, so it's time for a Guiness :drink: and a game or two :wootrock: .

flashbacck
06-16-2003, 02:20 AM
Saturday sounds good

eh, what time were you thinking?

I've been busying working and I've been too lazy to patch bf1942 to 1.4 (or whatever version it's at right now). I also somehow, automagically got into the star wars galaxies beta :P , so I've been giving that a run.

lobadobadingdong
06-16-2003, 02:45 AM
the same time was my thinking, but whatever time is best for the "collective" I'm free all day on Saturday's expept for when I go out of town(about once every 5or6 weeks)

lumen
06-17-2003, 12:15 PM
Saturdays aren't too great for me except early or very late, saturday is date night, and lately it's been one a week at least, and you can forget the late part if the date happens to go 'well' hah. I'll try to make one occasionally if I can though.

lobadobadingdong
06-17-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by lumen@Jun 17 2003, 12:15 PM
Saturdays aren't too great for me except early or very late, saturday is date night, and lately it's been one a week at least, and you can forget the late part if the date happens to go 'well' hah. I'll try to make one occasionally if I can though.
what time would be better for you lumen, I think saturday times are pretty flexible with most of us, I'm married and have a newborn so I no longer go out on saturdays anymore (guess that means I'm getting old fast ;)) If my wife would let me I'd play nearly all day saturday to relax, it sure beats doing honey do's.

chaotic42
06-18-2003, 05:26 PM
Woo!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who can't play on Sundays. I didn't want to say anything. Sunday nights are the worst time for me to play, outside of when I'm at work.

Anytime Sat night is great.

lumen
06-18-2003, 07:20 PM
I guess as late as possible on saturday is best for me, it makes it more likely that I could make it.

lobadobadingdong
06-19-2003, 04:21 AM
Ok lumen, sound great, but I forgot what time zone you are in, can you just set an eastern standard time that you like, and I'll post it on the {ATF} web site in the news.

lumen
06-19-2003, 04:52 AM
Let's go with 10 eastern, how is that for everyone?

Coincidently, I had a 38-2 game tonight, all snipe kills. I got the screenshot but something odd happened, i opened the file and it's just the background, no score graphics at all, very weird.

oh.. hm... :drink: ah. mmm. stout.

flashbacck
06-21-2003, 03:01 AM
10 eastern sounds ok

lobadobadingdong
06-21-2003, 10:27 AM
reply and done.

I played the new DC mod for about 9 hrs strait today, I finally learned how to fly the chopters....Very nice weapons when you can beat people to them. Dang plane campers.

lumen
06-21-2003, 12:26 PM
how do you fly them?

every time ive actually gotten one i ended up with the damn thing upside down, then summarily into the ground, heh.

lobadobadingdong
06-21-2003, 04:24 PM
everyone in games kept telling me to use a mouse...that may be so for some, I ended up just used my keyboard only(it was MUCH easier for me, once I put the mouse down).
I have g bound to the 2ndary weapon and the space bar is still the primary weapon. w is full throttle forward (you have to tap it a lot to change your altitude and forward speeds(you can't hit jack moving at 70Mph), s is a lot like the harrier(seems to be about 1/2 throttle you will slowly lose altitude so use the F9-F12 keys to watch stuff below you when trying to land or hover), it helps with landing and stopping in one place, a and s are rudder left and right and actually control the rear rotor(took me a while to figure that one out) I use the arror keys to pitch forward backward, and adjuest my yaw with the left, right and the a and s keys to point my direction and compinsate for the yaw's drift.
I'm still not good at landing or hovering(still need a little more practice), but I can rain hell from above with all those rockets and tow missiles. and I wasn't kidding about that 9hr bit, almost all (about 7hrs) of that gameplay was spent crashing a helo, the last 2 hrs was just a blast, I'll post some screenies of some of my scores with it later. :jammin:

flashbacck
06-22-2003, 12:07 AM
I find the mouse/keyboard combo easier for flying helos too :)

I use mouse up/down for pitch, mouse left/right for rotating

keyboard left/right for tilting left/right, and keyboard up/down for throttle

I think using keyboard for tilting really helps, because it's much easier to tap and adjust yourself slowly.

flashbacck
06-22-2003, 02:08 AM
:blink: hey man. it's 10pm eastern, anyone around?

flashbacck
06-22-2003, 02:27 AM
playing on

69.12.14.212:14567

lobadobadingdong
06-22-2003, 03:23 AM
lost track of time is now 11:23 pm I'm going online.

lumen
06-22-2003, 05:08 AM
didn't get on til 12:30, oops.

Mr Clean
06-25-2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by {ATF} DaMutha@Jun 15 2003, 07:21 PM
I would probably have a better chance on Saturdays, as well. Though I'm the proud papa of a new 4 day old baby boy, so my playing time may be significantly reduced!

He's sleeping now, so it's time for a Guiness :drink: and a game or two :wootrock: .
Sorry this is late, but congrats on the new child!

{ATF} DaMutha
06-25-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Mr Clean+Jun 25 2003, 02:28 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr Clean @ Jun 25 2003, 02:28 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--{ATF} DaMutha@Jun 15 2003, 07:21 PM
I would probably have a better chance on Saturdays, as well.&nbsp; Though I&#39;m the proud papa of a new 4 day old baby boy, so my playing time may be significantly reduced&#33;

He&#39;s sleeping now, so it&#39;s time for a Guiness&nbsp; :drink:&nbsp; and a game or two&nbsp; :wootrock: .
Sorry this is late, but congrats on the new child&#33; [/b][/quote]
Thanks, man. It&#39;s a funky adventure&#33; :bawling: :hmmm: :bandhead:

Mr Clean
06-25-2003, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by {ATF} DaMutha+Jun 25 2003, 10:49 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ({ATF} DaMutha @ Jun 25 2003, 10:49 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Mr Clean@Jun 25 2003, 02:28 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--{ATF} DaMutha@Jun 15 2003, 07:21 PM
I would probably have a better chance on Saturdays, as well.*&nbsp; Though I&#39;m the proud papa of a new 4 day old baby boy, so my playing time may be significantly reduced&#33;

He&#39;s sleeping now, so it&#39;s time for a Guiness* :drink:* and a game or two*&nbsp; :wootrock: .
Sorry this is late, but congrats on the new child&#33;
Thanks, man. It&#39;s a funky adventure&#33; :bawling: :hmmm: :bandhead: [/b][/quote]
:lol: Your preaching to the choir on that one....I&#39;ve got a 3 and 1 year old....

lobadobadingdong
06-25-2003, 09:53 PM
my 5 month old little girl doesn&#39;t give us any problems, the only anoying thing was all the people asking me if I&#39;m getting any sleep...strange as I never lost any sleep, accept during the delivery and for about 3 days afterward I had some kind of viral lung infection....then again the drugs the doctors had me on put me out for about 19-20hrs a day, but those 4-5 hrs I was awake per day seemed like eternity.

Mr Clean
06-26-2003, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by lobadobadingdong@Jun 25 2003, 03:53 PM
my 5 month old little girl doesn&#39;t give us any problems, the only anoying thing was all the people asking me if I&#39;m getting any sleep...strange as I never lost any sleep, accept during the delivery and for about 3 days afterward I had some kind of viral lung infection....then again the drugs the doctors had me on put me out for about 19-20hrs a day, but those 4-5 hrs I was awake per day seemed like eternity.
I have no prob either, but that is because they run me ragged and I simply collapse from exhaustion at the end of the day... :P