PDA

View Full Version : Testing... testing... is this thing on?

Hal9000
10-11-2002, 08:18 AM
A big "Hello" to everyone here that I haven't talked to in ages! Hammer thinks I dropped off the planet or something. Hardly! I spent the last two years of my life in hell at Electronic Arts making "James Bond: Agent Under Fire" (console only, thank god) and am now down here in Los Angeles at Gray Matter Studios (the guys who brought you "Redneck Rampage," "Kingpin," and most recently, "Return to Castle Wolfenstein").

I guess sometime last summer I stopped playing Quake altogether (this was about the time I was working every single day, 10-14 hours a day, for three months straight) and spent almost a year playing nothing but "Day of Defeat" for Half-Life. When I found out about "Battlefield 1942" I immediately got on the beta test team and lost myself completely in the game. Now that the full version is out, I'm completely addicted. Truely an amazing game.

I had a DOD server at EA called "Doublewide Trailerpark" -- that ran for about 6 months or so, then I had to take it down. The good news is, I've got a new machine built (sans a few parts still in transit) that I will be bringing DWTP back up on, but this time running a '42 server from work. It's a P4 2.4Ghz, 1GB DDR ram running on our T1 at the office. I'll let everyone know when its actually up and running, which should be early next week. (its sick how cheap puter parts are now.. for the whole machine - cpu, ram, mobo, nic, case, floppy, cdrom - it only cost $630 with shipping)

Anyway, its getting late here and I think I should go pass out now :)

Falcor
10-11-2002, 08:53 AM
Greetings Hal, your reputation precedes you. As you have already read or will soon I bet, Hammer has stoked everyone to your arrival. A warm welcome here and may we all learn and benefit from your talents as we appreciate them. :D

SALvation
10-11-2002, 12:46 PM
So are you a map designer or programmer or something else? Working on anything interesting? Welcome to GameMecca :D

Mr Clean
10-11-2002, 02:55 PM
Welcome map guru...

FUS1ON
10-11-2002, 03:55 PM
Welcome to Gamemecca HAL9000. 8)