PDA

View Full Version : ATTENTION ALL FILE SHARING USERS

He Is Legend
06-19-2003, 04:09 PM
Attention, The co-leader of napster is going to start sending viruses to destroy your hardrive,if you are using a file sharing network. etc (Kazaa,limewire,kazaa lite) The virus will start soon, also it will give you 3 warnings so look out for them, the co-leader of napster, thinks that this has gone on for to long and is trying to put a stop to it,the virus will delete ALL of your hardrive, i dunno about this but, ill keep my kazaa until i see those warnings..

<<Hybrid>>
06-19-2003, 04:13 PM
I have DC++ hmm i think i get mine virus there.

Hate virus creaters :down:

Grimmy
06-19-2003, 04:51 PM
is there any proof of this, like on another site or something, or is it something you got in email. :unsure:

He Is Legend
06-19-2003, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Jun 19 2003, 04:51 PM
is there any proof of this, like on another site or something, or is it something you got in email. :unsure:
i seen it on this mornings news, and mtv&#39;s late night (last night) news

watch mtv, and the 5 min b-4 hour news it should say it there,cause its a big thing

SALvation
06-19-2003, 05:07 PM
This is just something being talked about, but I think it will never happen. What would happen if they send a virus down and it erases some extremely important business file? An uber lawsuit, that&#39;s what.

He Is Legend
06-19-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by SALvation@Jun 19 2003, 05:07 PM
This is just something being talked about, but I think it will never happen. What would happen if they send a virus down and it erases some extremely important business file? An uber lawsuit, that&#39;s what.
Exactlly :thumbs:

Fantum309
06-19-2003, 05:17 PM
I prefer WinMx, works great&#33; But thanks for the warning. I would rather be safe than sorry&#33; :thumbs:

ME BIGGD01
06-19-2003, 06:43 PM
once they start doing that, they will only piss a smarter group off. there will always be a solution. i guess if they can create viruses, so can many other people. this will get ugly.

the the thing these people will have to worry about is the chip thats goint to be put into the new pentiums. this will keep track of what you are running. copyrights? this is supposed to prevent people from using unpaid software.

Dissectional
06-19-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by ME BIGGD01@Jun 19 2003, 01:43 PM

the the thing these people will have to worry about is the chip thats goint to be put into the new pentiums. this will keep track of what you are running. copyrights? this is supposed to prevent people from using unpaid software.
Yeah...Microsoft and the &#39;Trusted computing platform&#39;...pbbbt.

They need to put a chip in my brain that tells them what I think about idea&#39;s like that 24 hours a day.

<<Hybrid>>
06-19-2003, 07:02 PM
Originally posted by SALvation@Jun 19 2003, 05:07 PM
nope... i don&#39;t know any viruse, who wants your business files (infected *.doc, *.txt etc files) :P

Viruses infects system files (*.vxd, *.dll) and executable files (*.exe, *.bat and *.com). This may affect your computer to crash. Viruses modifieds files, so your O/S can&#39;t read file and doing wrong commands (error messages popups) Antivirus softwares can&#39;t destroy viruses, only clean files, but this affects infected file too.

There&#39;s is one way to clean viruses of your PC forever - format c: :down:
then reinstall al again. yea and this is easiest way i know :(

You can&#39;t delete viruse manual (if you know file, where it is active), you can use Volkov or Norton commanders to erase this file from DOS, but when you&#39;ll return back to Win, viruse will create a new file for its dirt jobs :( Last chanse is remove virus activity from registry (start/run, type in "regedit") this is hardiest way, you&#39;ll need to know viruse name and search for it in registries :down: that sucks. But you can find more help using www.google.com and search for viruse name there, so youïl be able to view registry way to stop respond this viruse.

Thanks for interest, i hope this will help anybody to kick viruses ;)

-<< Hybrid >>