PDA

View Full Version : So that's where everyone went

merkwannabe
06-22-2003, 03:27 AM
So Quake has replaced sam. Shame on you. Oh well, I guess I'll follow. I am going to buy Quake 3 soon. Is it similar to sam and is Unreal Tournament funner? I have been secluded to Sam as my only game, so I don't know what's out there. :bandhead:

JIMINATOR
06-22-2003, 05:45 AM
hmmm, a lot of people like the quake freeze tag mod, a team play game, where the object
is to freeze the entire other team for a point or to unfreeze your own members.
you have a grappling hook that allows you to move to other areas quickly
$20 for the gold version which includes the team arena (which nobody here plays)
i am working on mastering sam, usually i am frozen in much of Q3 :)

for unreal 2003 you have lots of different combo moves and combo shots,
probably a bigger learning curve there, $40.

anyway, a lot of the big guns have moved on from sam. you may want to stick
with it for a while, practice will make better.

Fred Bear
06-22-2003, 10:53 AM
Sam is a great game but I get tired of all the lag and F9's. I have started to play soldier of fourtune 2 more but I do have a copy of quake 2 laying here and wondered if anyone played that?

YoungGun
06-22-2003, 02:16 PM
if i had Q3.... i'd play it... but sam is the only game i have :bawling: besides the regular UT

FUS1ON
06-22-2003, 06:54 PM
Fred I think SLiK is the only person here that plays Q2. I have Q2, SOF1 & 2 also, but I like Q3 better. :w00t:

MR. SLiK
06-22-2003, 09:02 PM
last year i was playing that a lot but i havent played it in several months.

merkwannabe
06-23-2003, 12:18 AM
Thanks Jim, I think I will follow your advice and stick to Sam. I just hope I get good at it soon and that I can stop playing soon. If I spend the rest of my life playing that game, I will "slit my wrists," Phoenix.

I NEED A LIFE :bawling: