PDA

View Full Version : Rambling...

Sirc
06-25-2003, 06:05 AM
Okay, I know I'm not very popular here, and most people would just kind of like to see me disappear. That's understandable. And eventually I may just do that. But for now I like to make some peace with some, if not all of you.

I post online on two forums. GM and GODS. That's it. Sometimes when things get a little hot here, and threads get locked or deleted, then the GODS forums are my only alternative. I know I have said some less than complimentary things about GM in general at the GODS forums, and I apologize. Sincerely. And during this last episode when I got banned from GM, the GODS forums were the only place left that I was able to post at. So that's where I posted.

I'd also like to apologize to the Outlaws for being a little too generic when I have referred to them in the past. The fact is that I like most of the Outlaws. There are a few that I don't get along with, and never will, but that doesn't excuse anything. And recently that list seemed to have gotten longer, because now OP has joined that list. Not good, cause I have always liked him But I guess he feels the need to defend his brother, and that's cool - and honorable. But it sucks because we have always gotten along pretty well. :WTF:

So in conclusion, I don't hate the Outlaws - they are good people. And I don't hate GM - I was here pretty much from the start and I have tried to be very supportive from the beginning.

But things have changed a bit around here, and most of us have forgotten why we left Seriously! forums. And GM is becoming another generic gaming site. I'm sure the ad banners will be going up shortly. Good for Sal and the rest of the admins! It means that GM has become something more than just a haven for SS fraggers. :thumbs:

And because of these changes, time is limited for the hot-head fraggers like me. So be it. I truly enjoyed my stay here, and will continue to until I am eventually thrown out for good. :P :thumbs:

:hmmm: I wonder how long it will take before the admins delete this thread........

Gun Element
06-25-2003, 06:18 AM
That *sniff* was the most lamest reply to hurt my young eyes *sniff*

:P :P

Nice to see you back and stuff etc. etc. Just like dont involve yourself again. :thumbs:

Sirc
06-25-2003, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by Gun Element@Jun 25 2003, 02:18 AM
That *sniff* was the most lamest reply to hurt my young eyes *sniff*

:P :P

Nice to see you back and stuff etc. etc. Just like dont involve yourself again. :thumbs:
:lol: :rofl:

Damn Gun, it's good to see you here again! You are another oldy but goody here! :jammin:

Ah, the good old days.......

Gun Element
06-25-2003, 06:26 AM
Originally posted by Sirc@Jun 25 2003, 12:20 AM

:lol:    :rofl:

Damn Gun, it's good to see you here again!  You are another oldy but goody here!  :jammin:

Ah, the good old days.......
Whatcha talking about?

Ive always been here. Well not... before.. but now Ive been on. Since its that time of year again where I beat even a bum. :D

FASTway
06-25-2003, 07:36 AM
:jammin:

Die Hard
06-25-2003, 08:51 AM
Sirc, what would we do without him? :rolleyes:

Sirc
06-25-2003, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Die Hard@Jun 25 2003, 04:51 AM
Sirc, what would we do without him? :rolleyes:
You will continue to tell jokes, share recipes, and bitch about how big people's sigs are. The same as usual. You won't miss me at all, I assure you. :thumbs:

Only about 1/4th of the people here even remember why (or were around when) GM was started. :cool:

Die Hard
06-25-2003, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by Sirc@Jun 25 2003, 10:13 AM
Only about 1/4th of the people here even remember why (or were around when) GM was started. :cool:
Hey man I here you :thumbs: But surely thats a good thing?

Sirc
06-25-2003, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Die Hard+Jun 25 2003, 05:21 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Die Hard @ Jun 25 2003, 05:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Sirc@Jun 25 2003, 10:13 AM
Only about 1/4th of the people here even remember why (or were around when) GM was started.&nbsp; :cool:
Hey man I here you :thumbs: But surely thats a good thing? [/b][/quote]
It&#39;s a good thing that people don&#39;t know why we left Seriously&#33; and GM was started? :hmmm:

Die Hard
06-25-2003, 09:39 AM
I bet I could guess ;)

Sirc
06-25-2003, 09:52 AM
Never mind. It is a good thing I guess. Most people are happy and content here. The mellow atmosphere isn&#39;t how it started, but that&#39;s how it is now. Clan fraggers were a bit wilder in the old days. And the Merc leaders used to constantly feed the flames. The word "prey" has no meaning here now, but it used to be the the Merc signature. Much has changed. Now the Merc leaders demand peace among the clans, and that everyone have a happy, happy day. No drama. No rivalry. No disputes.

Because according to DL...

No more crap guys. We have a lot of gaming companies looking at us now. I for one want to maintain a good relationship with them.

Cha Ching&#33; :thumbs:

*cough*sellout*cough*

Die Hard
06-25-2003, 09:57 AM
Sirc, it&#39;s a bummer I know, but everybody evolves. You too. :thumbs:

Sirc
06-25-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Die Hard@Jun 25 2003, 05:57 AM
Sirc, it&#39;s a bummer I know, but everybody evolves. You too. :thumbs:
Not me&#33; I am De-evolving&#33; :wootrock:

Is that a word? :blink: :P

Die Hard
06-25-2003, 10:53 AM
works for me :thumbs:

Pure_Evil
06-25-2003, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Sirc@Jun 25 2003, 05:52 AM
Never mind. It is a good thing I guess. Most people are happy and content here. The mellow atmosphere isn&#39;t how it started, but that&#39;s how it is now. Clan fraggers were a bit wilder in the old days. And the Merc leaders used to constantly feed the flames. The word "prey" has no meaning here now, but it used to be the the Merc signature. Much has changed. Now the Merc leaders demand peace among the clans, and that everyone have a happy, happy day. No drama. No rivalry. No disputes.

No more crap guys. We have a lot of gaming companies looking at us now. I for one want to maintain a good relationship with them.

*cough*sellout*cough*
I guess I have no clue on the past, but if Sal and DL put so much time into this, what&#39;s wrong with some&#036;&#036; going back to them?

Got to admitt it, Sirc, this is becoming quite a interesting post. :hmmm:

LOL, you want banners, check out {DS} clan site :P :rofl: :w00t:

Pathos
06-25-2003, 12:31 PM
Aha&#33; I fear i am not up on current events, and lo did i wonder where you were&#33; It got so every time i saw a circle.. i wept like a leaky tap&#33; But now all is well. Yes.. i called a plumber&#33; That was a close one. [wipes brow]

I hereby ban you from being banned again. [does the SIRCLES dance of joy]

SALvation
06-25-2003, 01:07 PM
This generic-gaming-site-sellout-admin-who-is-putting-up-ads-as-he-types-and-completely-forgot-why-we-left-seriously-and-fears-change-because-change-is-scary thanks you for your opinion.

OPTIMOOSE
06-25-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Sirc@Jun 25 2003, 01:05 AM

And recently that list seemed to have gotten longer, because now OP has joined that list.&nbsp; Not good, cause I have always liked him&nbsp; But I guess he feels the need to defend his brother, and that&#39;s cool - and honorable.&nbsp; But it sucks because we have always gotten along pretty well.&nbsp; :WTF:

Sirc, Things just got out of hand, I shouldnt have handled it like that.. but it hard to PM a guy who blocks my PM&#39;s. I feel bad for how i acted, but sometimes i feel you get a little carried away. It just seems you had a burn on to piss my brother off, over and over - And hes not even as old as you, hes still learning.

No harm meant by this post BTW, and i do not want to bring it all up again..
Lets just let it die.

Thanks

Op

Pure_Evil
06-25-2003, 04:33 PM
Figured I come back a few hours later to a locked post :devil:

LOL, glad to see everyone has their sense of humor intact today. :drink:

Ra\/en
06-25-2003, 04:37 PM
aww lets all kiss and make up..

wub

SPAWN
06-25-2003, 04:44 PM
as long as no one gets near me with there lips i will be fine :thumbs:

Haze
06-25-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Ra&#092;/en@Jun 25 2003, 05:37 PM
aww lets all kiss and make up..

wub
Hmm, i never tried it with a Raven, but wth, your place or mine? :shifty:

Sirc
06-25-2003, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil+Jun 25 2003, 08:01 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Pure_Evil @ Jun 25 2003, 08:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Sirc@Jun 25 2003, 05:52 AM
Never mind.&nbsp; It is a good thing I guess.&nbsp; Most people are happy and content here.&nbsp; The mellow atmosphere isn&#39;t how it started, but that&#39;s how it is now.&nbsp; Clan fraggers were a bit wilder in the old days.&nbsp; And the Merc leaders used to constantly feed the flames.&nbsp; The word "prey" has no meaning here now, but it used to be the the Merc signature.&nbsp; Much has changed.&nbsp; Now the Merc leaders demand peace among the clans, and that everyone have a happy, happy day.&nbsp; No drama.&nbsp; No rivalry.&nbsp; No disputes.

*cough*sellout*cough*
I guess I have no clue on the past, but if Sal and DL put so much time into this, what&#39;s wrong with some&#036;&#036; going back to them?

Got to admitt it, Sirc, this is becoming quite a interesting post. :hmmm:

LOL, you want banners, check out {DS} clan site :P :rofl: :w00t: [/b][/quote]
You&#39;re right, I guess there&#39;s really nothing wrong with GM becoming a profitable venture. I&#39;m just sorry to see the old GM go away.

And the "sellout" comment was inappropriate. Sorry about that Sal.

Mr Clean
06-25-2003, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Pure_Evil@Jun 25 2003, 10:33 AM
Figured I come back a few hours later to a locked post :devil:

LOL, glad to see everyone has their sense of humor intact today. :drink:
Well, I was going to delete your post because I hate Yankee fans, but that would not be in the spirit of Sirc&#39;s original post, so..... :P

Die Hard
06-25-2003, 09:20 PM
can we just squeeze in a little bit more juicy stuff
before we all kiss and make up :WTF:

OUTLAWS The Machine
06-25-2003, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Sirc@Jun 25 2003, 03:59 PM

You&#39;re right, I guess there&#39;s really nothing wrong with GM becoming a profitable venture. I&#39;m just sorry to see the old GM go away.

And the "sellout" comment was inappropriate. Sorry about that Sal.
There is no profit here. Hopefully it will come to the point where we can break even and not have to pay out of pocket to keep this place running.

Grimmy
06-25-2003, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by Die Hard@Jun 25 2003, 04:20 PM
can we just squeeze in a little bit more juicy stuff
before we all kiss and make up :WTF:
HA, you sicko :P

Nothing else to add. I know I am on that "hated" list, and don&#39;t really care anymore. Think what you want, do as you please, just be responcible for your own actions. I&#39;ve tried to help, I changed, but it didn&#39;t work and I won&#39;t change anymore. Takes both sides to get something done. Till then...well on to do my thang :cool:

Die Hard
06-25-2003, 09:37 PM
:wootrock: :wootrock:
This is more like it

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
06-25-2003, 10:12 PM
As to what Machine has stated.
I personally have put in over &#036;200.00 towards gamemecca prizes, promotions and
various other things.

We make no money here and if we break even then thats cool as well.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
06-25-2003, 10:47 PM
Who rang the Drama Bell?

Oh, .......never mind.

Grimmy
06-25-2003, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS WHOCARES@Jun 25 2003, 05:12 PM
As to what Machine has stated.
I personally have put in over &#036;200.00 towards gamemecca prizes, promotions and
various other things.

We make no money here and if we break even then thats cool as well.
Oh, on that note, just think with all the people helping support GM, that allows for more money for prizes, and give-a-ways and stuff like that. The popularity of when the vid card was given away, and I think stuff from the GM store, was HUGE&#33;&#33; We need something like that again, but would rather not have that being taken out of people pockets. If you want stuff like that, sign up for the GM hosting, or purchase stuff from the store. It all comes back to GM-goers. :cool:

OUTLAWS The Machine
06-26-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Jun 25 2003, 07:36 PM

Oh, on that note, just think with all the people helping support GM, that allows for more money for prizes, and give-a-ways and stuff like that. The popularity of when the vid card was given away, and I think stuff from the GM store, was HUGE&#33;&#33; We need something like that again, but would rather not have that being taken out of people pockets. If you want stuff like that, sign up for the GM hosting, or purchase stuff from the store. It all comes back to GM-goers. :cool:
:thumbs:

solid snake295
06-26-2003, 01:49 AM
you could make a GM file sharing site, that would be cool and you could make some cash form it. charge like &#036;10 for 3 months or somthing :thumbs:

am i on your "people to kill" list Sirc? :P

ME BIGGD01
06-26-2003, 01:52 AM
:rofl:

Sirc
06-26-2003, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Jun 25 2003, 05:34 PM
I know I am on that "hated" list
I have no hate list. I don&#39;t hate anyone.

SALvation
06-26-2003, 03:19 AM
Right now we are simply trying to break even. I will be thrilled when I can say that GameMecca pays for itself. If we start making money, I want to pay back all the admins that helped fund us since the beginning. After that...new Porsche :D

Right now GMHosting has been the best idea for supporting GM. It has really cut our bills and has almost made GM self-sufficient. There are only a handful of gaming sites that can say they don&#39;t lose money...let alone make something. I am proud that we have done what we have so far with no advertising, gimicks, or donations. Everything we try to do is an actual service that we think people would want.

That&#39;s not to say you will never see ads here. Who knows? But I would never sell my soul for a pop-under ad or something else annoying. If we ever had an ad on the site I would only accept it if it was tasteful, flowed with the site, and was an absolute minimal disturbance. Don&#39;t worry though, nothing is planned for the foreseeable future with ads.

I do have a few features I want to add to the site but I have no time. In addition, Lev and I are launching another company this summer which is also eating our time up. After that, I want to add goodies such as a clan management system, a developer job posting section, and a mod/map/skin shop which benefits the creators of those items.

There&#39;s alot that will happen in the future so stay tuned. The redesign was only step 1...

Sirc
06-26-2003, 03:30 AM
Actually, that all sounds great Sal. When GM 1st started I never imagined how much work would end up being put into it. Believe it or not, I do appreciate what you and the other admins have done.

I can see that Sal and the other admins are pretty passionate about GameMecca, and I can see the pride that they share about it. And rightly so. :thumbs:

So, as usual, don&#39;t take me too seriously. I&#39;m just an old fart fragger that&#39;s set in his ways and doesn&#39;t adapt as quickly as the rest of you young whippersnappers. :P

Death Engineer
06-26-2003, 04:32 AM
Sirc,

I haven&#39;t been around much to witness what I&#39;ve only heard about. I can honestly say that we&#39;ve never really come at odds with each other other than the whole tag issue. I&#39;m all for a good time on the forums as well, as long as it&#39;s in good taste. I&#39;m also all for virtually anything that improves this site such as more members, developer attention, additional features.

With that being said, welcome back. :thumbs:

Sirc
06-26-2003, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by Death Engineer@Jun 26 2003, 12:32 AM
Sirc,

I haven&#39;t been around much to witness what I&#39;ve only heard about. I can honestly say that we&#39;ve never really come at odds with each other other than the whole tag issue. I&#39;m all for a good time on the forums as well, as long as it&#39;s in good taste. I&#39;m also all for virtually anything that improves this site such as more members, developer attention, additional features.

With that being said, welcome back. :thumbs:
:hmmm: I don&#39;t think we were at odds about the tag stuff. I wasn&#39;t really upset about it.

But thanks DE. :thumbs:

MR. SLiK
06-26-2003, 04:54 AM
Originally posted by SALvation@Jun 25 2003, 07:19 PM
Right now we are simply trying to break even. I will be thrilled when I can say that GameMecca pays for itself. If we start making money, I want to pay back all the admins that helped fund us since the beginning. After that...new Porsche :D

Right now GMHosting has been the best idea for supporting GM. It has really cut our bills and has almost made GM self-sufficient. There are only a handful of gaming sites that can say they don&#39;t lose money...let alone make something. I am proud that we have done what we have so far with no advertising, gimicks, or donations. Everything we try to do is an actual service that we think people would want.

That&#39;s not to say you will never see ads here. Who knows? But I would never sell my soul for a pop-under ad or something else annoying. If we ever had an ad on the site I would only accept it if it was tasteful, flowed with the site, and was an absolute minimal disturbance. Don&#39;t worry though, nothing is planned for the foreseeable future with ads.

I do have a few features I want to add to the site but I have no time. In addition, Lev and I are launching another company this summer which is also eating our time up. After that, I want to add goodies such as a clan management system, a developer job posting section, and a mod/map/skin shop which benefits the creators of those items.

There&#39;s alot that will happen in the future so stay tuned. The redesign was only step 1...
damn anotehr company? what a locomotive.

merkwannabe
06-26-2003, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine+Jun 25 2003, 09:32 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS The Machine @ Jun 25 2003, 09:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Sirc@Jun 25 2003, 03:59 PM

You&#39;re right, I guess there&#39;s really nothing wrong with GM becoming a profitable venture.&nbsp; I&#39;m just sorry to see the old GM go away.

And the "sellout" comment was inappropriate.&nbsp; Sorry about that Sal.
There is no profit here. Hopefully it will come to the point where we can break even and not have to pay out of pocket to keep this place running. [/b][/quote]
I have an idea &#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;..
Have the big boys, (Admins), sell stock for GM and then they can expand the site. AND, the shareholder can eventually turn a profit if all goes well.... :hmmm: :hmmm: Nevermind, bad idea.

Who&#39;s Op&#39;s Bro?

OPTIMOOSE
06-26-2003, 06:04 AM
Originally posted by merkwannabe+Jun 26 2003, 01:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (merkwannabe @ Jun 26 2003, 01:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -OUTLAWS The Machine@Jun 25 2003, 09:32 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Sirc@Jun 25 2003, 03:59 PM

You&#39;re right, I guess there&#39;s really nothing wrong with GM becoming a profitable venture.* I&#39;m just sorry to see the old GM go away.

And the "sellout" comment was inappropriate.* Sorry about that Sal.
There is no profit here. Hopefully it will come to the point where we can break even and not have to pay out of pocket to keep this place running.
I have an idea &#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;&#036;..
Have the big boys, (Admins), sell stock for GM and then they can expand the site. AND, the shareholder can eventually turn a profit if all goes well.... :hmmm: :hmmm: Nevermind, bad idea.

Who&#39;s Op&#39;s Bro? [/b][/quote]
Boston Shocker is my little bro...
:)