PDA

View Full Version : ASE Problem?

{ATF} DaMutha
06-26-2003, 11:49 PM
I was playing through All Seeing Eye this morning with no problems. This afternoon, it updated itself (as it often does), and now I show pings of 9999 on all servers and I can't get a list of any Conquest servers. Anyone else having problems?

Update: Never mind. For some reason my firewall was blocking the Conquest servers. Weird.

lobadobadingdong
06-27-2003, 12:29 AM
:lol:

that's ok we all have our off days, I don't know how long I played with a bad conenction because my aDSL modem was fried.

{ATF} DaMutha
06-27-2003, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by lobadobadingdong@Jun 26 2003, 08:29 PM
:lol:

that's ok we all have our off days, I don't know how long I played with a bad conenction because my aDSL modem was fried.
Not really my fault, though. I didn't change any firewall settings---the update to ASE caused the problem. Also, it only seems to block conquest games. Hmmmmmm

detonator
06-27-2003, 11:33 AM
I dont use ASE anymore, it has been placed in my toxic waste dump on my desktop. I use game spy and yes there are ads to wade through but everything is there. I just wish you could sort by version number on it. :hmmm:

lobadobadingdong
06-27-2003, 01:23 PM
conquest games? that sucks, it's the only kind I play, Hate CTF. hated it with Q2 mods, still hate it with any form of co-op fps games. btw I have a family reunion this weeked and won't be playing saturday. I probably won't be getting home until late sunday evening.

{ATF} DaMutha
07-02-2003, 08:40 PM
In case anyone else runs across this problem, the solution was to close ASE, go to my firewall settings and delete all reference to ASE, and then open ASE again. When the firewall asks whether or not to allow internet access, allow it.

Somehow the updates to ASE caused certain portions of the program to be blocked by the firewall, while allowing others (where previously all had been allowed).