PDA

View Full Version : freaky stuff...

Strider
06-27-2003, 05:49 AM
i don't wanna freak anyone out wit this post, and some may think its stupid and just all a big coincidence, but here goes...

this is very real and very true too.

there was a man back in the 1800s or somthin like that, not sure when exactly, but he was some kinda psychic guy (or at least that's what he was said to be) and he wrote about things that would happen in the future. he predicted the oklahoma bombings back in what was it 94 or somethin? well i dunno what the date was, but he predicted it in that month in that year that it would happen, and some ppl just thought that his writings were a hoax or something, just a coincidence. then the september 11th terrorist attacks of 2001 came, and he predicted that **** too, in the month of september in 2001, arabs would make an terrorist attack on new york...he was right in both of those predictions, along with some others that i didn't list.... you know what another one of his predictions was? ..... that in 2004, the world would come to an end...

if you think about it.... korea is building nuclear bombs, sadaam may still be alive... osama is somewhere right now probably planning another attack on us... and our economy is going to sh!t... kinda makes ya wonder doesn't it? or am i just crazy?

merkwannabe
06-27-2003, 05:51 AM
YAY.. I am going to die.. :w00t:

Strider
06-27-2003, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by merkwannabe@Jun 27 2003, 05:51 AM
did you even read that whole thing? cuz i only posted it like 30 seconds ago...

you must be one fast reader..

merkwannabe
06-27-2003, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Strider+Jun 27 2003, 05:51 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Strider @ Jun 27 2003, 05:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--merkwannabe@Jun 27 2003, 05:51 AM
did you even read that whole thing? cuz i only posted it like 30 seconds ago...

you must be one fast reader.. [/b][/quote]
Well, I don&#39;t want to brag... :P

No really, I did read the entire thing, go ahead ask me a question about it.

Strider
06-27-2003, 06:08 AM
you&#39;ve had like 10 minutes now lol.

solid snake295
06-27-2003, 06:14 AM
no offence but i&#39;ll belive that when me ****e turns purple and smells like rainbow shurbert&#33; :P

solid snake295
06-27-2003, 06:15 AM
woah, was ther always a swear filter? i guess i havent been swaering enough to notice..... **** **** **** **** &#33;&#33;&#33; :rofl:

Snip3r
06-27-2003, 06:19 AM
Poor Strider, you have been mis informed SO MUCH :(

his name was Nostradamus, he was not born in the 1800&#39;s, he was born in 1503 and died in 1566.
His predictions were in quatrians and can be interpretted in MANY different ways. A quatrain is simply a poem with 4 lines. The rhymed quatrains of Nostradamus were written mainly in French with a bit of Italian, Greek, and Latin thrown in. He intentionally obscured the quatrains through the use of symbolism and metaphor, as well as by making changes to proper names by swapping, adding or removing letters. The obscuration is claimed to have been done to avoid his being tried as a magician. Of course a skeptic might say it was done so the quatrains could be interpreted to fit numerous situations. An example of one of his more famous quatrains is from Century #2 Quatrain #24

Beasts ferocious from hunger will swim across rivers:
The greater part of the region will be against the Hister,
The great one will cause it to be dragged in an iron cage,
When the German child will observe nothing

So does Hister actually refer to Hitler? An instance of Nostradamus changing letters around? Is this a reference to Germany during WWII?

I do beleive that it is reffering to WWII because it all makes sense if you say it like this...

American Ships wanting peace in Germany finally arrive in Normandy
The greater part of Europe will be against Hitler
Hitler will take the Jews and put them in Concentration camps
-------------------------------

I dont completely understand the last line. As you see, I can interpret his prediction in SO many ways. And I do believe in his predictions, like this one, http://www.alumni.caltech.edu/~jamesf/spacesh.html about the space shuttle exploding, I cant remember the name for my brain isn&#39;t working right now.
Nostradamus clearly stated, in plain French that his prophecies would extend to the year 3797 ( See preface ). It is not clear whether this (or is not) the end or the world
This page will answer all your questions http://www.alumni.caltech.edu/~jamesf/Nfaqs.html

And about the WTC bombing taken place, that was all a huge fake rumor that was spreading around the internet. He said their would be 3 Anti Christs...you choose what ones you want to beleive, but he also said 1 was Arab and would release missiles into the "New City". Of course you can interpret that too. And if your wondering, Yes I am a nerd, Yes I had alot of free time, Yes I studied him for a year. :w00t:

Strider
06-27-2003, 06:36 AM
actually i originally had 1500s typed up, but when i went back and read through it, i just thought that i had heard it wrong so i put 1800s :lol: :thumbs:

Strider
06-27-2003, 06:36 AM
thx for those links though ;)

Snip3r
06-27-2003, 06:40 AM
Yup :)

You might also want to try doing some Google searches on Nostradamus, better pages with more info pop up ;)

Sirc
06-27-2003, 06:41 AM
:blink:

Holy crap Snip3r&#33; That was amazing. You rock dude. :wootrock:

But you have to admit, a great deal of Nostradamus&#39; predictions are scaringly accurate. He might not have gotten some of the names right, but they are so damn close.

And yes, it is all left to interpretation. But he didn&#39;t have a book to follow, and none of it would happen for centuries, so ya gotta cut him a little bit of a break. :thumbs:

Snip3r
06-27-2003, 06:43 AM
Originally posted by Sirc@Jun 27 2003, 01:41 AM
:blink:

Holy crap Snip3r&#33; That was amazing. You rock dude. :wootrock:

But you have to admit, a great deal of Nostradamus&#39; predictions are scaringly accurate. He might not have gotten some of the names right, but they are so damn close.

And yes, it is all left to interpretation. But he didn&#39;t have a book to follow, and none of it would happen for centuries, so ya gotta cut him a little bit of a break. :thumbs:

And yes, I believe him in almost every prediction he made, I didn&#39;t mean to sound like I didn&#39;t, I&#39;m his number one fan :P I didn&#39;t give his life story though it is quite amazing how he ended up predicting all of those.

Phoenix
06-27-2003, 06:44 AM
I am Nostradamus incarnate:

In thy very, very near future,

One big pain in the hooter,

A creature explicably known as Stridin Strider,

Will die and make all happier

heh heh, just playin my home dawg G funk to the Hizzaouuuuuuuuu&#33;&#33;&#33; Wud&#39; up...

Elessar
06-27-2003, 06:47 AM
interesting.

Strider
06-27-2003, 06:48 AM
omg dude i laughed so hard when i read that last part

Snip3r
06-27-2003, 06:52 AM
Wow, this is his biography, read the whole thing and you will be a beliver, especially at the end of the page, read that whole paragraph and tell me you dont beleive...
oh ya lol
http://www.crystalinks.com/nostradamusbio.html

Strider
06-27-2003, 06:54 AM
link?

EXEcution
06-27-2003, 01:02 PM
CAN WE STOP TALKING ABOUT THE END OF thE WORLD ALREADY&#33; Its obvioulsy gonna happen one day and one guy isnt gonna convince me with poems. I need scientific proof. saddam is probrbly dead and no one cares about Bin Laden, Korea will get threir share of whoop @&#036;&#036; when were done in Iraq&#33;

Our economy is beginning to go up again. So we will be fine finacially. People can be made to believe practiacally anything if the right influences are used. Take a look at 911 (those terrorist bombers were made to believe that they were helping the world by bombing those buildings)

So the point is dont believe anything anyone tells you unless you are sure it is true&#33; :thumbs:

Death Engineer
06-27-2003, 06:35 PM
You now what&#39;s interesting, is that I read a book in which many predictions were made down to the exact day&#33; And they have all come true to date. It&#39;s called the Bible. ;)

Elessar
06-27-2003, 09:12 PM
yeah bible has alot of true predictions in it as well ;)

Troop
06-28-2003, 12:01 AM
Don&#39;t worry so much about the end of the world because you probably won&#39;t be alive to see it.

Morpheus
06-28-2003, 12:14 AM
Originally posted by Troop@Jun 27 2003, 08:01 PM
Don&#39;t worry so much about the end of the world because you probably won&#39;t be alive to see it.
LOL dancin spidey&#33; :lol:

Mr Clean
06-28-2003, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by Strider@Jun 26 2003, 11:49 PM
i don&#39;t wanna freak anyone out wit this post, and some may think its stupid and just all a big coincidence, but here goes...

this is very real and very true too.

there was a man back in the 1800s or somthin like that, not sure when exactly, but he was some kinda psychic guy (or at least that&#39;s what he was said to be) and he wrote about things that would happen in the future. he predicted the oklahoma bombings back in what was it 94 or somethin? well i dunno what the date was, but he predicted it in that month in that year that it would happen, and some ppl just thought that his writings were a hoax or something, just a coincidence. then the september 11th terrorist attacks of 2001 came, and he predicted that **** too, in the month of september in 2001, arabs would make an terrorist attack on new york...he was right in both of those predictions, along with some others that i didn&#39;t list.... you know what another one of his predictions was? ..... that in 2004, the world would come to an end...

if you think about it.... korea is building nuclear bombs, sadaam may still be alive... osama is somewhere right now probably planning another attack on us... and our economy is going to sh&#33;t... kinda makes ya wonder doesn&#39;t it? or am i just crazy?
Strider, the story your talking about is based on a book called "The Bible Code" and "The Bible Code II". A mathametician used algorithms on the original hebrew text (the Dead Sea scrolls to be exact) and said that he was able to find hidden messages that predicted certain events. Things like 9-11 and the Clinton sex scandal, as an example, were supposedly predicted. It also showed that the world was going to end in 2004. On top of all that, it was decided that only an alien life form could have set up the text so that these messages could have been placed there. So maybe humans are really an alien species&#33; The world would not necessarily end because the future could be changed, blah blah blah....

I could write much more, but I believe "predictions" are a bunch of crap. Why doesn&#39;t someone tell me what Nostradamus predicts from here on out? All you hear is how he was right about an event that happened last year....whatever.

The math dude I mentioned? He won&#39;t reveal the algorithm for what amounts to copyright reasons. Convenient reason not to allow peer review to check his work.

There are many other prognosticators out there, some dead and some living. Makes for interesting reading but don&#39;t go to bed losing any sleep over it. Even if it were true, there ain&#39;t jack you can do about it.....