PDA

View Full Version : Rise of Nations

Death Engineer
07-07-2003, 09:11 PM
Has anyone else tried this game yet? Rise of Nations is yet another Microsoft RTS (Real Time Strategy, for the gaming challenged) game that came out recently. I've been playing it some and it seems to have some real multiplayer potential.

The other RTS games that I've played have been majorly unbalanced. Basically, it's a race to see who can get the "ultimate weapon" (ie. nuclear warhead, etc.) first. Whoever gets it wins. But this one seems to be a lot more balanced. Things like having your troops and vehicles (or horses, depending on the age) deteriorate in when they camp in neutral zones is another way it limits the typical "zerging" tactic of just running over you with untold numbers of tanks and soldiers.

If you've played it and would like to give multiplayer a shot, shoot me a PM and I'll see if we can hook up sometime.

EDIT: Check out the website here (http://www.riseofnations.com)

Mr Clean
07-07-2003, 09:14 PM
I moved this to the PC Gaming area, DE, but left a link in the Off Topic Forum :thumbs:

Death Engineer
07-07-2003, 09:27 PM
Thanks. Was just coming back to request that. Now put away that mind reading device. :unsure: :oooo:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
07-07-2003, 10:30 PM
Played it and loved it.
Took over the world n 2 weeks. :devil:

I even started a thread to see if anyone wanted to play a few.

SASQUATCH
07-07-2003, 11:31 PM
I have played it and have mention it a long time ago that it was coming out.

I think the game was done nicely and I enjoy it very much but at the moment no time but will
once I do DE.

SAS

Death Engineer
07-08-2003, 05:29 PM
Hmm....guess I missed the boat on this one then. I'll try to stay more informed next time. In the mean time....China (the randomly selected country it picked for me) has now taken over a large portion of the world. :)

Also, what level did you guys play it on. I have found moderate to be a good challenge. I'm still waiting to hear from people who play it on higher levels.

DE

EXEcution
07-08-2003, 05:46 PM
I love games, but i dont love RTS, or stategy at all, its not that i dont like to think, but the gameplay is very monotonous, i wanna see more action in these titles!!!!!!!

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
07-08-2003, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Death Engineer@Jul 8 2003, 01:29 PM
Hmm....guess I missed the boat on this one then. I'll try to stay more informed next time. In the mean time....China (the randomly selected country it picked for me) has now taken over a large portion of the world. :)

Also, what level did you guys play it on. I have found moderate to be a good challenge. I'm still waiting to hear from people who play it on higher levels.

DE
I played on moderate as well.
I played with Germany because of the extras they get.

SASQUATCH
07-09-2003, 03:45 AM
Originally posted by Death Engineer@Jul 8 2003, 12:29 PM

DE
There is a way to learn to get further quickly in time. Just like it was for Age of Empire where I would get to the next level of time very quick by using and gathering resources just to get to the next level to conquer. At times you can end the game sooner before reaching to modern age.

I believe you may know of it already but it is the way the play the game or you will find yourself losing every game in a short time.

Mr Clean
07-09-2003, 06:16 AM
I don't even remember if I have the game. Online sounds cool though, but I would need to learn the game first.... :unsure:

OUTLAWS BIOHAZARD
07-13-2003, 09:39 PM
I just got the game today I haven't had the time to install it yet I will soon though and Ill tell you guys what I think and if its possible to edit it with out loosing a arm or a leg...hahaha

Thanks alot!
BIOHAZARD