PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone played Will Rock?

pinatubo
07-09-2003, 01:17 AM
Will Rock is a game from UbiSoft (http://www.will-rock.com/). I heard that it's very much like Serious Sam. Has anyone else played it? Comments?

Sirc
07-09-2003, 01:24 AM
I've played the single player demo. It was pretty fun. But I think there are still problems with the multiplayer netcode (sound familiar? :oooo: ). So until I hear that online fragmatch works well, I ain't buying it.

JIMINATOR
07-09-2003, 02:04 AM
:hmmm: ummm, http://www.gamemecca.net/reviews/wr_review1.php :oooo:

SALvation
07-09-2003, 03:08 AM
It's a fun budget single player game but multiplayer is unplayable. Check out Jim's review. He explained it perfectly.

EXEcution
07-09-2003, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by SALvation@Jul 8 2003, 11:08 PM
It's a fun budget single player game but multiplayer is unplayable. Check out Jim's review. He explained it perfectly.
It doesnt soundlikets as good a geme Sam is!

pinatubo
07-09-2003, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Jul 8 2003, 07:04 PM
:hmmm: ummm, http://www.gamemecca.net/reviews/wr_review1.php :oooo:
yeah, I read the review. I was just checking for more opinons. It's cheap enough to just buy on an impulse, but pricey enough to make me wish I hadn't bought it if I don't like it.

JIMINATOR
07-09-2003, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by pinatubo+Jul 9 2003, 12:22 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pinatubo @ Jul 9 2003, 12:22 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JIMINATOR@Jul 8 2003, 07:04 PM
:hmmm: ummm, http://www.gamemecca.net/reviews/wr_review1.php&nbsp; :oooo:
yeah, I read the review. I was just checking for more opinons. It&#39;s cheap enough to just buy on an impulse, but pricey enough to make me wish I hadn&#39;t bought it if I don&#39;t like it. [/b][/quote]
they have a demo available for download. The game is pretty much like that.
Just don&#39;t be expecting to do the multiplayer thing until they get the bugs worked out...

(Villains) Crazy Idiot
07-11-2003, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR+Jul 9 2003, 05:27 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JIMINATOR @ Jul 9 2003, 05:27 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -pinatubo@Jul 9 2003, 12:22 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--JIMINATOR@Jul 8 2003, 07:04 PM
:hmmm: ummm, http://www.gamemecca.net/reviews/wr_review1.php* :oooo:
yeah, I read the review. I was just checking for more opinons. It&#39;s cheap enough to just buy on an impulse, but pricey enough to make me wish I hadn&#39;t bought it if I don&#39;t like it.
they have a demo available for download. The game is pretty much like that.
Just don&#39;t be expecting to do the multiplayer thing until they get the bugs worked out... [/b][/quote]
Sounds like SS2&#33; :bandhead: :bandhead: :bandhead: :bandhead:

Plutoxin_7
07-18-2003, 12:13 PM
I just played the demo.Well...lets see what we got.

Graphics>A mixed bag.After playing the amazing looking UT2003 since last oct using DirectX 8,I was scratching my head trying to figure out why I had to upgrade to DX 9 to play Rock.(Come on Saber/Ubi,where&#39;s the eye candy? The water in this game looks little better than the water in the 1st Tomb Raider&#33;)

Sound>Hands down the worst sound I&#39;ve heard in a game since the early 90s. Sounds like you&#39;ve got tin cans over your ears.(Even in great halls or courtyards the ambience never changes.It always sounds like bathroom reverb on all sound effects.) :WTF:

Control>The mouse sensitivity changes depending on the size of the area your in&#33;If your out in the open your fine,walk into a hallway or tunnle and the sensitivity gets cut in half&#33;I have never seen this happen on any other game.Unless this is addressed,I don&#39;t see any way death match will ever work in this game.(Also the field of vision stinks.I felt like I was wearing horse blinders.No peripheral vision at all.

Will Rock> I&#39;ve seen people in nursing homes that are more agile&#33;

Enemies> CHEAP&#33; Nuff said.

Bugs> Oh God,this game has more bugs than a 3rd world prison. (I got stuck in the same wall 3 times&#33; It&#39;s also really cool how the devs made the doors open outward pushing you out of the way.Sometimes if your lucky you can get stuck in the doors just standing there&#33;)

Bosses> The lamest boss fight in recent memory. Oh yeah,nothing spells excitement like circle strafing a giant cyclops as he tries to projectile vomit on you, while birds poop molten lava on your head&#33; (Shoot rocket launcher at boss,repeat until bored out of your mind.)

Weapons>With one exception,nothing you haven&#39;t seen before.

Now on to the good things this demo had to offer.

:w00t: The Matador player model for DM. That is hands down the coolest player model I&#39;ve EVER seen&#33; :lol:
(not that it matters,there are no servers running.)

:devil: The acid gun&#33; :jammin: (Wish it had more range though.)

Will Rock...Does not.

Sirc
07-18-2003, 12:20 PM
I think the bugs in the demo have been fixed in the game now. But otherwise that was a pretty good assessment Pluto&#33; :thumbs: