PDA

View Full Version : little trouble

DiTomasso
07-10-2003, 07:19 PM
Hi there,

is it allowed to jump out of "gaming area" of little trouble. The black area where your health is going down after a few seconds. :WTF:

JIMINATOR
07-10-2003, 07:29 PM
it isn't like swimming but it is frowned upon if you go there to spam.
if you are just getting an overlook of the map though, that is cool.
anyway that's my asspinion.

(Villains)****Death Sentence****
07-10-2003, 10:14 PM
for me it's something like swimming.... :oooo:

...just my opinion... :angel:

OUTLAWS Tip
07-10-2003, 11:42 PM
I agree, I don't go up there unless I get blown up there.
:angel:

(Villains) Crazy Idiot
07-11-2003, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by (Villains)****Death Sentence****@Jul 10 2003, 11:14 PM

RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!1 :jammin:

(Villains) Crazy Idiot
07-11-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Jul 10 2003, 08:29 PM
it isn't like swimming but it is frowned upon if you go there to spam.
if you are just getting an overlook of the map though, that is cool.
anyway that's my asspinion.
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JIMINATOR!!!!!!!!!!!
MUHUHAHA! :rofl: :rofl:

Slice
07-11-2003, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by (Villains)****Death Sentence****@Jul 10 2003, 06:14 PM

That is the last straw. It is nothing like swimming. Man I am sick of this crap. What's next no more playing in 3rd person? Not that I hang out up there or anything but ocasionally I may jump up there to get to another area faster. That's not the point though, you can go up there all you want. Hell get a ****ing tan up there for all I care. It is sad that you even had to ask the question, but I am not surprised the way our community has twisted this game. We have implemented all of these bogus rules and even an alias detective. I know that I am a partly to blame for it, for playing no power up style but this is absolutely ridiculous. Why don't you try going in to a UT2003 server and yell no using adrenaline and see how fast you get kicked. Or better idea why don't we petition the NFL and request that football receivers no longer get to where gloves because it gives them an advantage. PURE HORSESH!T

Sorry for the rants, I turn 29 tomorrow. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

(Villains) Crazy Idiot
07-11-2003, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Slice+Jul 11 2003, 02:12 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Slice @ Jul 11 2003, 02:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--(Villains)****Death Sentence****@Jul 10 2003, 06:14 PM
for me it&#39;s something like swimming.... :oooo:

That is the last straw. It is nothing like swimming. Man I am sick of this crap. What&#39;s next no more playing in 3rd person? Not that I hang out up there or anything but ocasionally I may jump up there to get to another area faster. That&#39;s not the point though, you can go up there all you want. Hell get a ****ing tan up there for all I care. It is sad that you even had to ask the question, but I am not surprised the way our community has twisted this game. We have implemented all of these bogus rules and even an alias detective. I know that I am a partly to blame for it, for playing no power up style but this is absolutely ridiculous. Why don&#39;t you try going in to a UT2003 server and yell no using adrenaline and see how fast you get kicked. Or better idea why don&#39;t we petition the NFL and request that football receivers no longer get to where gloves because it gives them an advantage. PURE HORSESH&#33;T

Sorry for the rants, I turn 29 tomorrow. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: [/b][/quote]
Man I tried ut2003, it really sucks&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

DiTomasso
07-11-2003, 06:45 AM
Originally posted by Slice+Jul 11 2003, 01:12 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Slice @ Jul 11 2003, 01:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--(Villains)****Death Sentence****@Jul 10 2003, 06:14 PM

That is the last straw. It is nothing like swimming. Man I am sick of this crap. What&#39;s next no more playing in 3rd person? Not that I hang out up there or anything but ocasionally I may jump up there to get to another area faster. That&#39;s not the point though, you can go up there all you want. Hell get a ****ing tan up there for all I care. It is sad that you even had to ask the question, but I am not surprised the way our community has twisted this game. We have implemented all of these bogus rules and even an alias detective. I know that I am a partly to blame for it, for playing no power up style but this is absolutely ridiculous. Why don&#39;t you try going in to a UT2003 server and yell no using adrenaline and see how fast you get kicked. Or better idea why don&#39;t we petition the NFL and request that football receivers no longer get to where gloves because it gives them an advantage. PURE HORSESH&#33;T

Sorry for the rants, I turn 29 tomorrow. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: [/b][/quote]
thx for this straight answer. The problem was that because of al these "extra" rules i was afraid of trespassing and get kicked out.

Dangerous Dan
07-11-2003, 07:17 AM
yeah, if i need to go up there to escape of give myself a good view of the action and identify a nice place to launch an assult i wont hessitate to use it

V98ci
07-11-2003, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by Slice@Jul 10 2003, 08:12 PM

Sorry for the rants, I turn 29 tomorrow. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:
Man, your getting CRANKY in your old age&#33; :P

BTW - :uareold:

FASTway
07-11-2003, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by DiTomasso@Jul 10 2003, 12:19 PM
Hi there,

is it allowed to jump out of "gaming area" of little trouble. The black area where your health is going down after a few seconds. :WTF:
When I played Serious Sam I often jumped up there when someone grabbed the Serious Damage and you could blast them pretty good if you had the rocket launcher.

But yeah they would say "camper" and such. But what else ya gonna do. heh heh

Optoman
07-13-2003, 02:32 AM
Personally I think it&#39;s weak to camp up there,

but whatever...

I typically state "wallhumper" and get on with things.

Of course, people misconstrue me saying that as an asssault against them.

However, I intend it as more for a general warning to the players that someone is wallhumping.

UncleSam
07-13-2003, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by Slice@Jul 10 2003, 08:12 PM

Take it from me, the ranting will be worse next year - 30&#33;

:rofl:

Sirc
07-13-2003, 02:43 AM
Originally posted by Slice+Jul 10 2003, 09:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Slice @ Jul 10 2003, 09:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--(Villains)****Death Sentence****@Jul 10 2003, 06:14 PM

While I agree with most everything you said, I have to point out that while it is sad, DiTomasso asked a reasonable question. I guess my point is that DiTomasso isn&#39;t sad for asking, it&#39;s sad that he needed to ask. But he has been following the forum chat about this kind of stuff, and he is just trying to play "fairly".

Y&#39;all can do whatever you want. Play however makes you happy. But personally, I think things like spamming from the roof in LT is cheap, and I may comment about it from time to time. That is MY right. It doesn&#39;t mean you can&#39;t, or shouldn&#39;t do it, it just means that I think it sucks that you do. But that&#39;s just my opinion, and I am well aware that it&#39;s worth nothing. :thumbs:

UncleSam
07-13-2003, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Sirc@Jul 12 2003, 09:43 PM
"But that&#39;s just my opinion, and I am well aware that it&#39;s worth nothing"

:lol:

JIMINATOR
07-13-2003, 07:37 AM
By all means, everyone should feel free to do everything possible to eke out the extra bonus frag here and there. Afterall it is all an imaginary escape, and sportmanship, respect and honor should play no part in the game.

Or so some would have you believe.

So whatever. How important is winning to you?

Sirc
07-13-2003, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Jul 13 2003, 03:37 AM
By all means, everyone should feel free to do everything possible to eke out the extra bonus frag here and there. Afterall it is all an imaginary escape, and sportmanship, respect and honor should play no part in the game.

Or so some would have you believe.

So whatever. How important is winning to you?
I still think you missed my point. DiTamasso was just trying to understand what the right thing to do was. He&#39;s just trying to figure out all of the rules that seem to have cropped up in SS. :WTF:

I was not saying that there should be no respect, honor, or sportsmanship. I was just saying that people can, and will, play however they want. Many people don&#39;t give a crap what your definition of respect, honor, and sportsmanship is. But that is their right.

JIMINATOR
07-13-2003, 07:57 AM
DiTomasso is cool, i don&#39;t think i have played him much, the fact that he is asking the questions
indicates that he is conscientious towards the game. :jammin: :jammin: