PDA

View Full Version : AVP2 - I'm Stuck

Sirc
10-15-2002, 02:24 AM
Okay, I started playing AVP2 single player mode and I'm stuck on the Price of Admission level. Taking the platform elevator up until it gets stuck...get overrun by aliens....kill all the aliens....elevator breaks loose and falls....I'm dead. There is a ladder next to the elevator, but it goes up and just ends. Tried jumping off the elevator...died. Tried jump off the ladder to a nearby ledge...too far away...died. There doesn't seem to be any alternative to taking the elevator up. Help!

BTW, I'm playing as the marine. :D

OUTLAWS The Machine
10-15-2002, 02:32 AM
Damn it's been too long ago. Cant remember. You might have to try to find a walk through. Fun game huh?

Sirc
10-15-2002, 03:58 AM
I figured it out. I was trying to jump when I just needed to step off.

Um, is Savior the last Marine level? Or did I screw the mission up somewhere? It seemed like I failed. Sad ending.

And I can't believe it only took me 6 hours to complete the whole marine mission. Damn, that is a 2 CD game!

Sirc
10-15-2002, 04:12 AM
And yes, its fun as hell! :D

FUS1ON
10-15-2002, 04:28 AM
Alright dadburnit, Ya'll gonna make me go to the store again!!!!!!! :P

Sirc
10-15-2002, 04:44 AM
Heh, I still gotta play as the alien and the predator. :roll:

It is fun though. And it is very fast moving, from the marine's perspective anyway. Man, the way the aliens swarm after you it is a bit reminiscent of SS. Running backwards and shooting like a maniac. Lots of carnage in a very short period of time.

LOL, and I was playing on the "easy" setting. :D

Sirc
10-15-2002, 04:51 AM
LOL! I can't stop talking about it. :D

On the very first encounter with the aliens I could see the radar start to light up with the little white dots and I started getting nervous. It was in a dark ventilation system that lent itself to attack from several different dirrections. The radar beeping kept getting louder, the little white dots kept getting closer, and then pow! I turned around just as an alien jumped in my face! I think I jumped about a foot of my chair. My hand jerked the mouse so hard I almost knocked one of my speakers off of the table.

Did I mention that I enjoyed thie game? :D

Dark Reign
10-15-2002, 04:53 AM
I got to get that game

Sirc
10-15-2002, 05:13 AM
The funny thing is that Sifi bought it when it 1st came out, but our crappy graphics cards couldn't handle it. So it got put away. Now that we both have G4 Ti-4400s we can play the game in all its glory. Man, to think it was just gathering dust for the past several months. We would have forgotten about it all together if it weren't for the people around here playing it online.

I'm ready for some online AVP2 DM now though! BRING IT! LOL! :D

FUS1ON
10-15-2002, 05:20 AM
[quote:0028dc107a="Sirc"]LOL! I can't stop talking about it. :D

On the very first encounter with the aliens I could see the radar start to light up with the little white dots and I started getting nervous. It was in a dark ventilation system that lent itself to attack from several different dirrections. The radar beeping kept getting louder, the little white dots kept getting closer, and then pow! I turned around just as an alien jumped in my face! I think I jumped about a foot of my chair. My hand jerked the mouse so hard I almost knocked one of my speakers off of the table.

Did I mention that I enjoyed thie game? :D[/quote:0028dc107a]

:rofl:

OUTLAWS The Machine
10-15-2002, 11:33 AM
the alien and pred. missions are just as fun!

Drunken Warrior
10-15-2002, 11:47 AM
[quote:288e76c50b="Sirc"]I figured it out. I was trying to jump when I just needed to step off.

Um, is Savior the last Marine level? Or did I screw the mission up somewhere? It seemed like I failed. Sad ending.

And I can't believe it only took me 6 hours to complete the whole marine mission. Damn, that is a 2 CD game![/quote:288e76c50b]

That's the only complaint I have about AvP2 is that it was waaaaay too short :(

That's why I can't wait for Unreal 2 to come out because Unreal 1 just seem to go on for ever. I just wish all games were as long as that one, I mean you spend $40+ dollars and it's over before you even start really enjoying it :( :( :( :(

Nobody
10-18-2002, 11:00 AM
I heard AvP2 was cool, I'm going to have to break down and get it one day. Someone was supposed to send it to me but forgot.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
10-25-2002, 12:03 AM
I wish I could help.
I never play the single player version.
I probally should though.
Do you have the expansion pack?

Hipoxus
10-26-2002, 03:40 AM
I do! ^_^ But its not all that good some peopel ike it and others don't...last time I checked online tho, to see how many people were on there were only like 5 servers...

Sirc
10-26-2002, 04:12 AM
[quote:a48d7fbe76="Nobody"]I heard AvP2 was cool, I'm going to have to break down and get it one day. Someone was supposed to send it to me but forgot.[/quote:a48d7fbe76]

Um, was that me? Don't feel bad, I haven't hook Shogun up yet either. :roll:

Nobody
10-26-2002, 01:47 PM
[quote:0c9dbe2e3f="Sirc"][quote:0c9dbe2e3f="Nobody"]I heard AvP2 was cool, I'm going to have to break down and get it one day. Someone was supposed to send it to me but forgot.[/quote:0c9dbe2e3f]

Um, was that me? Don't feel bad, I haven't hook Shogun up yet either. :roll:[/quote:0c9dbe2e3f]

Nope wasn't you bud ! I have it now though and will hopefully find time to check it out real soon. :lol: