PDA

View Full Version : What I Love About Sam

merkwannabe
07-15-2003, 07:17 AM
The thing I like most, are the players in sam. There are so many cool players right now like Strider, Lunette, Ada, Ozric, Hellraizer (when he plays), Nick, FS, ahhhhhhhhh soo many more... The sad thing is that players keep leaving. I remember ever since I first started I have tried to play with the big boys. Even though I know I will get ruled, I join anyway to be a playing spectator.

I am a lost boy. :w00t: :bawling: :w00t:

merkwannabe
07-15-2003, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by merkwannabe@Jul 15 2003, 07:17 AM
The thing I like most, are the players in sam. There are so many cool players right now like Strider, Lunette, Ada, Ozric, Hellraizer (when he plays), Nick, FS, ahhhhhhhhh soo many more... The sad thing is that players keep leaving. I remember ever since I first started I have tried to play with the big boys. Even though I know I will get ruled, I join anyway to be a playing spectator.

I am a lost boy. :w00t: :bawling: :w00t:
(Merkwannabe's split "evil" personality)

Pathetic! :loser:

V98ci
07-15-2003, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by merkwannabe+Jul 15 2003, 02:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (merkwannabe @ Jul 15 2003, 02:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--merkwannabe@Jul 15 2003, 07:17 AM
The thing I like most, are the players in sam.&nbsp; There are so many cool players right now like Strider, Lunette, Ada, Ozric, Hellraizer (when he plays), Nick, FS, ahhhhhhhhh soo many more...&nbsp; The sad thing is that players keep leaving.&nbsp; I remember ever since I first started I have tried to play with the big boys.&nbsp; Even though I know I will get ruled, I join anyway to be a playing spectator.&nbsp;

I am a lost boy. :w00t:&nbsp; :bawling:&nbsp; :w00t:
(Merkwannabe&#39;s split "evil" personality)

Pathetic&#33; :loser: [/b][/quote]
Yeah, but you have a cool avatar&#33; :thumbs: :w00t: :thumbs: :w00t:

Nick
07-15-2003, 11:33 AM
:cool: 4 of these guys are from Quebec city..... :oooo:
coincidence ??? I think not &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :wootrock: :thumbs:

Strider
07-15-2003, 02:08 PM
i love the game, and i don&#39;t mean to be a jerk here... but i dont like playin so much anymore cuz some guys ruin the fun of it... some guys just spam mindlessly, and they have no excuse for doin it... how can someone have fun shootin random rockets and grenades all over the place? and then there&#39;s the power up hogging. just so many things that make the game not fun anymore. i could care less if someone spammed a bit or used rockets, but mindless spamming and power up whoring makes the game less fun for everyone else, or at least i&#39;d think it would. but yea, i do like the guys who stil play... very long list of guys who i like to play against... but most of them never seem to play when i play. :WTF:

::: DARK PSI :::
07-15-2003, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by Strider@Jul 15 2003, 10:08 AM
i love the game, and i don&#39;t mean to be a jerk here... but i dont like playin so much anymore cuz some guys ruin the fun of it... some guys just spam mindlessly, and they have no excuse for doin it... how can someone have fun shootin random rockets and grenades all over the place? and then there&#39;s the power up hogging. just so many things that make the game not fun anymore. i could care less if someone spammed a bit or used rockets, but mindless spamming and power up whoring makes the game less fun for everyone else, or at least i&#39;d think it would. but yea, i do like the guys who stil play... very long list of guys who i like to play against... but most of them never seem to play when i play. :WTF:
The powerups hogs and spammers actually add fun to the game. It makes it more difficult.. and adds the joy of the hunt when you relentlessly kill them.

That is when I played this ancient game. :)

Morpheus
07-15-2003, 04:49 PM
ahaha i like the instagib mod, i beat psycho marz 20-15 yesterday :rofl:

merkwannabe
07-15-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by Morpheus@Jul 15 2003, 04:49 PM
What does that mod do exactly?

Good job morpheus, beating marz&#33;

Dangerous Dan
07-15-2003, 10:28 PM
dont worry, i&#39;m here till the end, or whenever the third encounter is released :cool:

merkwannabe
07-15-2003, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Phrenic@Jul 15 2003, 10:28 PM
dont worry, i&#39;m here till the end, or whenever the third encounter is released :cool:
amen..

mod
07-15-2003, 11:34 PM
ss2 is fun i love the speed when the lag isnt to high and well ducking rockets is kinda fun or jumping them . i love playing instagib its great practice got to play with mars and morph last night it was fun hopefully well get bigg to host for a night some time soon :thumbs:

OUTLAWS The Machine
07-15-2003, 11:37 PM
What really pisses me off is that someone can grab 5 SDs in a row but if I even accidently run over one backwards people whine.

V98ci
07-15-2003, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Jul 15 2003, 06:37 PM
What really pisses me off is that someone can grab 5 SDs in a row but if I even accidently run over one backwards people whine.
Yeah and let that be a lesson to you&#33; Stay away from the pups, Machine&#33; Pups are bad for you&#33; :devil:

Slice
07-16-2003, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Jul 15 2003, 07:37 PM
I agree. I was in a game a couple days ago and was jumping up the ramp in LT, got shot and pushed through the SD. I ran to hide in the corner to let it wear off and people were firing at me. I turned around and shot them all or else I would die and they were like hey no SD. I was like then let me stand here for a minute to let it wear off and stop trying to kill me.

OUTLAWS The Machine
07-16-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Slice+Jul 15 2003, 08:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Slice @ Jul 15 2003, 08:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--OUTLAWS The Machine@Jul 15 2003, 07:37 PM
I agree. I was in a game a couple days ago and was jumping up the ramp in LT, got shot and pushed through the SD. I ran to hide in the corner to let it wear off and people were firing at me. I turned around and shot them all or else I would die and they were like hey no SD. I was like then let me stand here for a minute to let it wear off and stop trying to kill me. [/b][/quote]
:rofl:

Morpheus
07-16-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Slice+Jul 15 2003, 08:02 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Slice @ Jul 15 2003, 08:02 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--OUTLAWS The Machine@Jul 15 2003, 07:37 PM
I agree. I was in a game a couple days ago and was jumping up the ramp in LT, got shot and pushed through the SD. I ran to hide in the corner to let it wear off and people were firing at me. I turned around and shot them all or else I would die and they were like hey no SD. I was like then let me stand here for a minute to let it wear off and stop trying to kill me. [/b][/quote]
:lol: *muttering*n00bs.

Morpheus
07-16-2003, 02:10 AM
Originally posted by merkwannabe+Jul 15 2003, 04:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (merkwannabe @ Jul 15 2003, 04:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Morpheus@Jul 15 2003, 04:49 PM
What does that mod do exactly?

Good job morpheus, beating marz&#33; [/b][/quote]
well, it lets you run all the same levels, but with no health and armor. also, the only gun you get is the sniper rifle, with no scope, and it will kill in one shot. :jammin:

And thanks on the gg. :thumbs: :wave:

JIMINATOR
07-16-2003, 02:31 AM
well, you can run all the levels now with no health and no armor if you want.
it does add the sniper thingy though

merkwannabe
07-16-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Jul 15 2003, 11:37 PM
hey, your talking about me right?

you mean when I say "NO SD" like that.. :lol:

OUTLAWS Ada
07-16-2003, 01:01 PM
Oh, so if you are glowing and standing still we mustn&#39;t shoot you. Ok - I will try it but I still get an overwhelming urge to kill someone when they stand still be it to type, scratch their nose or let their glow wear off. Still - I am a woman so I guess anything goes&#33; :WTF:

REMEMBER - PUPS ARE FOR GIRLS&#33; :babe:

Love you all - I am here for the duration Merky&#33;

Btw - where are you crouching these days Mod - I can&#39;t find you :hmmm:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
07-16-2003, 02:03 PM
I&#39;m still lovin&#39; it.

Seeing more and more noobs, and that&#39;s cool.

Was hoping Will Rock would be an alternate "Sam like" game...but it appears to have the same (if not worse) multiplayer issues.

SSSE and SSFE are still may favourite multiplayer games.

Woot&#33; :)

merkwannabe
07-16-2003, 07:13 PM
man, I am dissappointed that Will Rock did not do well.. I watched the trailer and there was one weapon that looked really cool. I think it was a tommy or machine gun, but the other weapons were a bit akward. Are there a lot of players for it or is it like same?.. :rofl:

Phoenix
07-16-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by merkwannabe@Jul 16 2003, 07:13 PM
man, I am dissappointed that Will Rock did not do well.. I watched the trailer and there was one weapon that looked really cool. I think it was a tommy or machine gun, but the other weapons were a bit akward. Are there a lot of players for it or is it like same?.. :rofl:
Its new so it probably has WAY more players than sam. You need to remember that sam is very unpoplular and has been around for more than 2 years now only around 50+ players are playing it now.

JIMINATOR
07-16-2003, 09:29 PM
with the latest patch, there was no true dedicated server support.
er, well, it was halfassed.
like you run the program in a special mode and you are then looking at a blank 3d screen,
no dos box support...
I checked it now, there is one coop game running, with 1/4 people.
like that totally could not suck any more.
I also don&#39;t know about sam being unpopular, it is a very highly thought of game by many people.
yeah, the netcode sucks and all that, but i still prefer the gameplay more than any other game.

Phoenix
07-16-2003, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Jul 16 2003, 09:29 PM
like you run the program in a special mode and you are then looking at a blank 3d screen,
no dos box support...
I also don&#39;t know about sam being unpopular, it is a very highly thought of game by many people.
yeah, the netcode sucks and all that, but i still prefer the gameplay more than any other game.
Oh, I know it was popular when it came out, I just meant the fragmatch is pretty unpopular now.

FASTway
07-16-2003, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Jul 16 2003, 02:29 PM
no dos box support...
I can&#39;t believe a game could be this lame.
WTF&#33;&#33; Were these guys forced to release this game before it was ready???

Oh well hopefully they are able to patch it soon but if they are anything like Croteam we know how that goes.

JIMINATOR
07-16-2003, 11:59 PM
lol, I dunno guy. We are heavy into the multiplayer thing.
I am sure that there are tons of people who will never notice the net problems of will rock.
just that it&#39;s kind of strange that they are having a tournament for video cards
when there are all of these problems with the code.
I mean like how are you supposed to practice???

SPAWN
07-17-2003, 01:50 AM
f9&#39;s :unsure:

Frag Junky
07-17-2003, 06:15 AM

Hi JIMINATOR, long time no see on my server. (SPWA4) You should come back sometime. Less Spam, more Jam. :angel:

I agree about it being popular, maybe not as much as it used to be, but yes there is a lot more noobs. Mostly because you can buy the CD for only &#036;8.95 at Wall-Mart. One way to look at it is if you help out the noobs, then they are willing to stick it out and become better. More to play with.

I&#39;m here for the long haul, I freely admit I&#39;m addicted to the game. I have played all versions of UT, Quake, Duke, and DoomII. Nothing beats SS for fast action, and mayhem. Love it Fast and Bloody.

I have not checked it out yet, but from what my son tells me, the release of DoomIII will be no threat to Fragmatch games, he tells me the graphics are so high end, that the Internet connections could not handle the size and amount of packets being sent. I love the old Doom games, it is what got me hooked on FS. But Single player Doom WTF.

Have a great day everyone, could not resist throwing my hat in on this one. Any topic about how I love SS will get my attention.