PDA

View Full Version : Shelf Life of Dip Bait

Juan A.T.
10-15-2002, 07:50 PM
I've got some Dip Bait I found in the trunk of my car. It must be at least leftover from last year. It had been opened, but fortunately was closed up before I lost it in the trunk of my car for the last year or two...Is this stuff still good? It's Sonny's...
Does dip bait have a shelf life after opening? I don't want to get any of them baitsucking catfish sick off the stuff...It kind of has a crust on the top, but below it's nice and sticky. As far as I can tell, it smells the same as I remember...Thanks in advance for your opinion...

FUS1ON
10-15-2002, 08:02 PM
:rofl: That Missouri water must be some good stuff 'cause all of you are so funny or have you been taking the tour over at the A-B brewery again? :D

SALvation
10-15-2002, 08:08 PM
I can honestly say I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

OUTLAWS The Machine
10-15-2002, 08:13 PM
Is that catfish bait that has been in your car for a year. LOL. That has got to stink!

Sirc
10-15-2002, 08:27 PM
:rofl:!!!

I misread the thread title and thought it said Shelf Life AND Dip Bait. I was ready to welcome 2 new members to GameMecca! LOL! :D

HAMMER
10-15-2002, 08:28 PM
[quote:78b1245f46="Sirc"]:rofl:!!!

I misread the thread title and thought it said Shelf Life AND Dip Bait. I was ready to welcome 2 new members to GameMecca! LOL! :D[/quote:78b1245f46]

OMG I almost spit soda on my screen on that one :)

Juan A.T.
10-15-2002, 08:31 PM
I was kind've wondering what that smell was. I was hoping I hadn't backed over the cat... I'm gunna try loosening it up with some vegetable oil. I let you know if it works. A couple of my buddies went down to Louisiana this past weekend.

Does anybody know why they put dip bait in those deep containers. You know...they're like a peanut butter jar. By the time your down to the bottom with the knife you end up with it all over your hands. I hate when I get dip bait all over my hands. It ends up all over the keyboard...

FUS1ON
10-15-2002, 08:32 PM
[quote:6dd62c185f="Terminathare"]Here's a good tip with dip bait:
Get a cracker (Ritz works best) and spread a generous amount on it. Pop the whole thing in your mouth, when chewing if there is a slight sour taste, like bad milk....your dip bait is bad.. otherwise the stuff is still good. Good Luck![/quote:6dd62c185f]

Yuck! If you are still here tommorrow after doing that, You indeed had some Good Luck. :P

OUTLAWS The Machine
10-15-2002, 08:58 PM
LOL.

Goober
10-15-2002, 10:08 PM
[quote:366cdcc1a4="Terminathare"][quote:366cdcc1a4="Juan A.T."]... I'm gunna try loosening it up with some vegetable oil. I let you know if it works. A couple of my buddies went down to Louisiana this past weekend.

Does anybody know why they put dip bait in those deep containers. You know...they're like a peanut butter jar. By the time your down to the bottom with the knife you end up with it all over your hands. I hate when I get dip bait all over my hands. It ends up all over the keyboard...[/quote:366cdcc1a4]

I dunno...vegetable oil....dip bait....peanut butter...keyboards, sounds like some way too kinky stuff going on around your computer :shock:[/quote:366cdcc1a4]

Stop......quit......I can't stand it anymore.......<tears running>....hahahahahahahaha.......<snort>......OMG...THUMP...OW......(picking self up from floor).........sounds like a party with Hammer, Lash. Pathos and a few sheep.....(giggle)...Y'all ain't right.

Grimmy
10-16-2002, 04:42 AM
I hope that you remembered to take the fish out of the truck too! ppeeeewwww :?

Mr Clean
10-16-2002, 04:18 PM
Juan, the way you talk about your wife, I assumed you were using that bait to attract her and her fish-smelling......nevermind.... :P

BTW, why do you always say that dip bait works better if you put it on your rod instead of the lure???? :D

Grimmy
10-16-2002, 05:28 PM
[quote:dd6a4f86ee="Mr Clean"]Juan, the way you talk about your wife, I assumed you were using that bait to attract her and her fish-smelling......nevermind.... :P
[/quote:dd6a4f86ee]

:shock: :rolf:

Juan A.T.
10-16-2002, 08:43 PM
OMG...LOL (whatever they mean),
Mr. Clean, My wife prefers that I use cheap beer as cologne...
You know that good french stuff....Schaefer Light...
But now she's mad at me for putting the dip bait container in the frig...
I also kind've accidently got some on the handle to the frig, too...

Actually, with all the kids I got, I should be using dip bait to keep her away from me...You know how woman are... :lol:

Mr Clean
10-17-2002, 02:27 PM
[quote:36348b788a]Actually, with all the kids I got, I should be using dip bait to keep her away from me...You know how woman are... [/quote:36348b788a]

So when ARE you gonna give her that 4th kid?... :D

Grimmy
10-17-2002, 05:16 PM
ewwww grosss, on the handle. I think I would barf!!