PDA

View Full Version : The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Dark Reign
07-18-2003, 05:19 PM
http://www.texaschainsawmovie.com/

[Slides on horror movie nerd glasses]

From the creator of such uhhh... Bargin-bin classic films as Armageddon and Pearl Harbor , comes a remake of the classic of story of a group of friends who travel on down to Texas, and there meet a charming young lad with a mask made out of leather....or so it seems.....

Sadly enough I have yet to see the orginal Texas Chainsaw Massacre, but you have got to see this trailer. I mean, it is GOOD. And I say that in a non-fanboy way. I really really do. :online2long:

Sacrifice
07-18-2003, 06:23 PM
wow.. thats gotta watch that

Dangerous Dan
07-18-2003, 06:33 PM
Looks impressive....

Phoenix
07-18-2003, 06:43 PM
The original was awesome. This one looks like it will rock as well.....

Slice
07-18-2003, 08:02 PM
That was a good flick. Hopefully this one does it justice.... Pretty sick on how it was inspired by a true story though. ph34r

He Is Legend
07-18-2003, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Phoenix@Jul 18 2003, 01:43 PM
The original was awesome. This one looks like it will rock as well.....
The original kicked so much ass, hope this one does

Elessar
07-19-2003, 01:27 AM
Lotta freakish crap in the original, its what rob zombie wished house of 1000 corpses could be
this one looks decent enough
heard about the remake a looong time ago....was kind of excited watchin the preview

Dark Reign
07-19-2003, 02:08 AM
I also saw that it was "inspired by a true story", but remember, it says "inspired".

Does anyone remeber hearing about the serial killer Ed Gein? The strange quiet man from Wisconsin who upon discovery of Federal agents had a whole barn full of human parts, some where used as food, others as skins to wear.....Experts say he was responsible for the deaths of over 50 people. These real life story came to inspire such horror classics as Silence of the Lambs and Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

But all in all, the fact that something like this actually did happen, really can scare the **** out you when you think about it.

I remember reading about how in the orginal Texas Chainsaw Massacre, they actually didn't show most (?) of the death scenes, and gore was kept to a minimum. It was a classic because it created that kind of suspense that makes most horror movies classics. And by the looks of the creepy as hell poster, and utterly strange yet scary trailer, I think this remake will have a lot of the effect the orginal did. But will it be good as the orginal? Ha, no. Remakes are almost never as good as the orginals. None that I can think of anyone. Discuss...... :sorcerer:

Ra\/en
07-19-2003, 06:43 AM
man that looks pretty dang cool.

ill see it for sure.