PDA

View Full Version : a short story

ME BIGGD01
07-30-2003, 11:44 PM
last evening around dinner time, the phone rang for the fourth time and again it was a telemarketer. the person on the phone asked if i would like the news paper delivered and that it would only cost 1.99 a week and he kept babbling and babbling and i couldnt get him to shut up. i then said i should not be called being that i was on the do not call list and i don't understand why you keep calling. the telemarketer responded with such is life and rudely hung up on me. i am sure you people kind of know what my personality is so i will get to that now. i called up information and asked them for the number to newsday. they gave it to me and i called them and a security guard answered and i asked them where they were located and he gave the address. i asked where tehre telemarketing dept was and they gave me the address. so i mapped it out and it was 15 minutes from my house which was great. i got into the truck and drove right there to find the loser who called my house. when i got there i was ready to kick some ass and the guards knew it. i was screaming and raging that someone was going to get tehre ass kicked even if its the bastard who delivers the paper. well the explained that the company hires another company to make the calls and that i should call the comany tommorow and explain what is happening. i said i will and explained that this is the second time that someone called from newsday and was rude. the first time they told my father to learn how to speak english when he explained that he didnt understand english well. so they told me the understand why i am pissed and i left.

today i dint get a chance to call newsday because i was in manhattan all day and got in at 7:00pm at home. i take off my shoes and pants, while i am checking e-mail and now i am getting ready to do my yard work. all of a sudden the phone rings and i answer it and guess who it is.... someone different from newsday asking if i would like th paper. so i remain calm biting my tongue and when they ask me if i would like it all i could say was yes. they asked me if i was "my name" and i said no but i live here and want it. they asked me my last name so i told them a name and they asked how do you spell it so i say "M e n v r" then they asked me my first name and i said Bill. so the person puts there manager on to confirm order and asked me if the price was right, i say yes. he then says how do you spell your last name and before i can answer he spells it out M E N V R and i say no it's M E N V R and he said thanks and i will satrt getting the paper tommorow. I said great thanks alot.

to be continued :devil:

Slice
07-30-2003, 11:53 PM
So what is your plan? Kill the paperboy? :lol:

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
07-30-2003, 11:57 PM
Why is it that all I can picture right now is Big getting chased by the paper boy
screaming I want my 2 dollars.

*name the Movie*

I know how you feel Big.
Choke the bastards for me

ME BIGGD01
07-30-2003, 11:58 PM
no but will wait until they want to be paid. also they don't have paperboys anymore. it's a guy in his late 30's or early 40's that delivers them early in the morning.

i can't wait until they ask for Bill Menvr to pay his paper bill.

ME BIGGD01
07-30-2003, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS WHOCARES@Jul 30 2003, 11:57 PM
Why is it that all I can picture right now is Big getting chased by the paper boy

*name the Movie*

I know how you feel Big.
Choke the bastards for me
:lol: classic

Slice
07-31-2003, 12:04 AM
Better off dead. :jammin:

Sepra
07-31-2003, 01:22 AM
:lol: You nut! :rofl:

OUTLAWS Spike
07-31-2003, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS WHOCARES@Jul 30 2003, 05:57 PM
Big getting chased by the paper boy

*name the Movie*

Flatliners? :hmmm:

OUTLAWS BIOHAZARD
07-31-2003, 02:57 AM
This is when mustard gas would come in handy!!!...j/k :wootrock:

NightBreed
07-31-2003, 02:58 AM
I had the same problem a few years back...
The local paper kept hounding me to try a month long subscription, kept calling, calling, calling until I caved in.. Never saw one paper delivered to my house, I figured I didn't want the damn thing in the first place, so no big loss..

Month later I get a bill in the mail for a 30 day subscription.. After quite a few phone calls to the circulation dept., I finally had to go down there to see WTF their problem was... Now they're getting rude on the phone because I'm not paying the bill..

After contacting the carrier on my route,they saw he made a note on his log-sheet for that first day... "could not find house " And that's right where it ended !! :loser: Do you think he'd make a call or else use his freakin head to find my house ? I live right on a state highway going out of town; this house has been here since 1941 !! My wife has German relatives come to visit who don't even speak or read English and they find it OK !!

Anyway.. enough ranting... classic case of right hand not knowing what the left is doing... :WTF:

V98ci
07-31-2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Slice@Jul 30 2003, 07:04 PM
Slice is right. "Better off Dead" :drink: :drink: :drink:

SALvation
07-31-2003, 03:39 AM
On a side note, how the hell do these 30 year old paper boys have the balls to ask for a tip? They drive their cars and whip papers out the window going 50MPH. A kid I could see different as I had a route and know what a pain it is on a bike, but a 30-yeard old man will never get a tip from me.

OUTLAWS high ping camper
07-31-2003, 03:40 AM
Originally posted by SALvation@Jul 30 2003, 07:39 PM
On a side note, how the hell do these 30 year old paper boys have the balls to ask for a tip? They drive their cars and whip papers out the window going 50MPH. A kid I could see different as I had a route and know what a pain it is on a bike, but a 30-yeard old man will never get a tip from me.
*hpc quits his job in shame.........................:)

FASTway
07-31-2003, 06:37 AM
:rofl:

Grimmy
07-31-2003, 06:53 AM
:rofl: Can't wait for part 2 Bigg :rofl: This is going to be good :w00t:

solid snake295
07-31-2003, 07:10 AM
hey man, you should make a patatoe cannon and cram it full of mash potatoes and cream corn and when the paper boy come to your mail box BLAM! face full of smush!!! hahaha... maybe it will be crism :shifty: muhahaha :rofl:

Dead
07-31-2003, 07:11 AM
Originally posted by Slice@Jul 30 2003, 08:04 PM
:unsure:
yeah me
cuz i dont got a paper route bill :P :rolleyes:

BOSTON SHOCKER
07-31-2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by solid snake295@Jul 31 2003, 07:10 AM
hey man, you should make a patatoe cannon and cram it full of mash potatoes and cream corn and when the paper boy come to your mail box BLAM! face full of smush!!! hahaha... maybe it will be crism :shifty: muhahaha :rofl:
crism and a face full of mush ??? THAT GETS ME THINKING

BRB :devil:

BOSTON SHOCKER
07-31-2003, 07:39 AM
Ever wonder what he is thinking when he takes those pics the truth revealed!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

Die Hard
07-31-2003, 12:14 PM
:blink:

Slice
07-31-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS BOSTON SHOCKER@Jul 31 2003, 03:39 AM
Ever wonder what he is thinking when he takes those pics the truth revealed!!!!!!!!!! :rofl:
Nice you even got it on the ear, There's something about Mary style. :rofl:

EXEcution
07-31-2003, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS BOSTON SHOCKER@Jul 31 2003, 03:39 AM
dude u are sik! :unsure: