PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know about Dealerships?

Jesus Fish
08-02-2003, 03:55 AM
If anyone knows anything about dealerships?

My mom has a 00' Chevy Venture that she bought used about 6 months or so ago with 70,000 K on it (about 44,000 Miles) And nothing has gone wrong with it so far except a bit of clicking from the lifter arm, but all that was needed to fix that was an oil change. Well that all changed Yesterday when a man at her work checked under her hood (same thing happened to him) and found that her manifold gasket was leaking coolent. Now i checked around and this seems to happen to almost every Van so its more of a fault not just a coincidence. The same thing happens with the head gasket so were just going to get them both replaced at the same time. When she called the dealer they said they knew exactly what she was talking about and to bring it in and they would fix it. Here comes the part i need help with, the lady on the phone she talked to asked her if she had the Recall papers. And when my mom said that she didn't get anything the lady said nevermind then.

How can i find out if there is a recall?
How do i get the recall papers?
Do i need the recall papers?

Thanks Jeff

OUTLAWS Spike
08-02-2003, 03:59 AM
Is it still under warranty? I know that when we buy a used car in LA that has a warranty, that it transfers too. :thumbs:

SALvation
08-02-2003, 04:07 AM
There's gotta be a website around that lists recalls. Check google.

Slice
08-02-2003, 04:16 AM
I would call up Cheverolet. Get the 800 warranty number and call them up directly to see what they say. I had to have a head gasket replaced on a brand new truck I bought once. I called Dodge up directly and they hooked me up. I even got a free rental while the work was being done. :)

NightBreed
08-02-2003, 04:21 AM
They gotta be able to pull up any recall by the V.I.N. number of the car.. I've worked at a Ford dealer since 1985; owners lose their recall notices all the time.. It's no big deal :thumbs:

BTW...if you've got a lifter noise that went away by changing the oil, you've got problems beyond any lifter.. :oooo: Be sure you insist on any recall or extended warranty that might exist...You're gonna need it.. :bandhead:

Jesus Fish
08-02-2003, 04:36 AM
Originally posted by {SPWA} Nightbreed@Aug 2 2003, 04:21 AM
BTW...if you've got a lifter noise that went away by changing the oil, you've got problems beyond any lifter.. :oooo: Be sure you insist on any recall or extended warranty that might exist...You're gonna need it.. :bandhead:
When it was clicking it was February lol It would do it when i started it in the morning for her... IN CANADA lol Brrrrrrrr I think that they said they put in synthetic oil????

Anyways thanks Guys :thumbs:

NightBreed
08-05-2003, 02:27 AM
Hey JF ... How'd you make out at the dealership? :hmmm: