PDA

View Full Version : just want you to know how i feel

ME BIGGD01
08-05-2003, 05:16 AM
i think you are a big *ussy if you need to use aliases. i like to usually help out new people in the game to try to get more people into it but when i see a new name with great skills in a game i just lose all respect for you. i also lose respect for the clan aswell. if anyone from doa is ever using an alias and i find out i am going to be pissed at them aswell for making the clan look bad.

so the moral of this is you are a big coward thats has to hide behind your name.

i give full respect to those who always wear the tags regardless if they are having a bad day. :thumbs: :thumbs:

thats all ;) have a nice day and hope to see ya soon.

ME BIGGD01
08-05-2003, 05:50 AM
well to make it simple, it defeats the purpose of being able to put a name there.

Grimmy
08-05-2003, 05:54 AM
if you use an alias, what is the point of being in a clan? (for those that are in a clan) :loser:

ME BIGGD01
08-05-2003, 06:16 AM
:lol: alias whore

thats a new term i have just learned. :thumbs:

Grimmy
08-05-2003, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Psycho Marz+Aug 5 2003, 12:56 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Psycho Marz @ Aug 5 2003, 12:56 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Grimmy@Aug 5 2003, 12:54 AM
if you use an alias, what is the point of being in a clan?&nbsp; (for those that are in a clan)&nbsp; :loser:
there is a difference between a "alias whore" and a "alias user". I know lots of people who dont even have a main name they just change names every game lol [/b][/quote]
are those people in a clan? I think you missed my point there.

Sirc
08-05-2003, 07:18 AM
Frankly, I think it is up to the individual clans to set their own policies. For instance, how non-Reapers feel about aliases is irrelevant to me. The Reapers will decide what is proper and improper conduct for our clan. That includes the use of aliases. :thumbs:

Neither the DOA or Outlaws clans are in a position to throw stones here. Your own clan members are using aliases. And personally I couldn&#39;t care less. I do agree however that when someone uses an alias MOST of the time, and they are in a clan, then maybe it&#39;s time to reconsider if you should be in a clan or not. But that&#39;s really nobody else&#39;s business.

I admit that it is somewhat irritating when a good player uses an alias. But then it&#39;s also fun when they get owned by you or someone in your own clan. :devil: :P

Grimmy
08-05-2003, 07:23 AM
:hmmm: nevermind, not worth it. spam&#33; :D

Sirc
08-05-2003, 07:30 AM
I used DOA and Outlaws as an example here because that is where most of the anti-alias opinions are coming from. But the fact is that it happens in almost every clan. It&#39;s really not that big of a deal. :WTF:

Pure_Evil
08-05-2003, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Aug 5 2003, 01:54 AM
if you use an alias, what is the point of being in a clan? (for those that are in a clan) :loser:
If you&#39;re in a clan and playing under a Alias, then you have no clue as to what being in a "clan" is. But then again, a few of the clans aren&#39;t really clans, there just a bunch of misfits who nobody can stand *cough*badboys*cough*

But if you have pride in your clan and yourself as a player, wear your tags&#33;

Then again if you&#39;re in a clan and just playing fragmatch, and not practicing with your clan and zero teamplay, then why are you in a clan anyways??

Back to subject, Alias&#39;s suck&#33; :online2long:

Goober
08-05-2003, 11:10 AM
My 2 cents worth......ok...3 cents.
When I was in DOA it was definately understood that if you were a member you wore your colors, even on your bad days. I think that this is a good rule. It&#39;s kind of like changing your last name out in public.....your family would think you were ashamed of them.
Now as for me....hmmmmm...Since I am clanless I go by no such rule. On occcasion I will play as Ronin Samurai or lately Ronin Musashi.(now I have to think of a new name)..just have a liking of the samurai bunch and seing as how I am clanless I picked up the Ronin prefix....(I know...that&#39;s not how you get to be Ronin)...I am not so good that I piss people off by having a new name come into a game and kicking everybody&#39;s butt and If someone asks nicely I will " usually" tell them who I am. If I use ASE and see people I know, I will go in as Goober. If it&#39;s a bunch of unknowns (or known aliases), or Bad boyz I will go in as a Ronin....
I think, if you&#39;re in a clan and playing on a clan based server (Outlaw, Villians, DOA) you should play with your Tags....But that&#39;s just my opinion....(you know opinions, they are like assholes...everyone has one, some just smell worse than others)

Slash
08-05-2003, 12:13 PM
Clan player using alias = big fat :loser:

Nick
08-05-2003, 12:23 PM
What I really hate is when they don&#39;t tell you even if you ask....
I always reveal my identity when asked....
but I rarely use alias now....I used them for 2 months because I wanted
to train on my new rig....I dont find that excessive &#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :thumbs:

Casanova
08-05-2003, 12:31 PM
I use aliases when I&#39;m testing something new, or just "don&#39;t feel like playing"...

Slash
08-05-2003, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Casanova@Aug 5 2003, 07:31 AM
I use aliases when I&#39;m testing something new, or just "don&#39;t feel like playing"...
If you don&#39;t fee like playing, I have a great idea. Dont&#39; play. :rolleyes:

Nick
08-05-2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by Slash+Aug 5 2003, 12:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Slash @ Aug 5 2003, 12:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Casanova@Aug 5 2003, 07:31 AM
If you don&#39;t fee like playing, I have a great idea. Dont&#39; play. :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
:cool: better yet...dont shoot anyone....

Casanova
08-05-2003, 12:52 PM
No, it&#39;s cool to pretend to be a noob, camp and spam sometimes.. :rolleyes:

FUS1ON
08-05-2003, 01:40 PM
If you are a member of a team/group/etc...., You ought to wear their uniform. ;)

Win, lose or draw I ALWAYS wear my tags with pride&#33; No ifs, ands or buts about it&#33; :thumbs:

Haze
08-05-2003, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by Psycho Marz@Aug 5 2003, 06:42 AM
We have a "alias screenshots" forums in our home forums lol.
Alias wins DONT count...

Nick
08-05-2003, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by Haze+Aug 5 2003, 01:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Haze @ Aug 5 2003, 01:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Psycho Marz@Aug 5 2003, 06:42 AM
Alias wins DONT count... [/b][/quote]
:lol: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: YOU WISH &#33;&#33;&#33;

Casanova
08-05-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Haze+Aug 5 2003, 03:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Haze @ Aug 5 2003, 03:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Psycho Marz@Aug 5 2003, 06:42 AM
Alias wins DONT count... [/b][/quote]
They DO, in my books... ;)

EXEcution
08-05-2003, 03:47 PM
Its funny how the alias idea sticks, and people ask the best player in a game who they are and they reply, "I am &#39;their name&#39;"&#33;

Sirc
08-05-2003, 04:37 PM
I think some of you take things a bit too seriously. But that&#39;s your priviledge. Like I said, it&#39;s up to each clan to set their own requirements and policies. :thumbs:

Nick
08-05-2003, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by Psycho Marz@Aug 5 2003, 04:34 PM
i cant belive all u ppl are arguing over a freakin tag :rofl:

then again i argue over more dumb things than that :online2long:
:shifty: yes i agree that you are a dumb thing..

:hmmm: did I get that wrong.... :oooo: :lol:

Casanova
08-05-2003, 05:46 PM
:lol:

ME BIGGD01
08-05-2003, 08:10 PM
well as for doa throwing stones, i figured it would be brought up because of a recent thing. but i also feel the same for them if they use aliases and we have discussed this in our private section. i will wear my tags and if i am tryinging something out it will say my name and testing or repair. i think i had dao-me biggd01 repair when i decided to get my tail back into the game. i wear them when i lose and wear them when i win. i think the reason i don&#39;t like the aliases is mostly because it ruins the fun not playing against another clan player.

what screws me up is when i see a new name i usually lay off to help and try to give some tactics to the nube. i would like to see moe people playing this game. i really think aliases are sneaky and i hate sneaks

Drunken Warrior
08-05-2003, 08:35 PM
I would like to add something , no wait, I&#39;m not me or am I, I&#39;ll
be back when I figure out which one of me is here :cool: :rofl:

JIMINATOR
08-05-2003, 08:35 PM
ummm, dunno. aliases are pretty much the fact of life in sam.
there are no real team matches, so there is no necessity to use a clan tag.
As for noobs, you can tell within a few minutes (or moments) who is a noob or not,
and you can&#39;t really help them in a multiplayer situation, aside to direct them to gm.
i used aliases when I was using a different type of mouse. if anyone asked, np to
who I am. I sucked so much that nobody really cared though... :)
I don&#39;t use aliases now that I am back though.
For many of the rest, I think you have some active players that always play with
aliases, and many semi-retired players that play with aliases.
That just isn&#39;t going to change. I think wearing clan tags also implies a certain
type of behavior. people may feel less restricted when using aliases...

Drunken Warrior
08-05-2003, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Aug 5 2003, 02:35 PM
I think wearing clan tags also implies a certain
type of behavior. people may feel less restricted when using aliases...
Bingo :thumbs:

Phoenix
08-05-2003, 08:49 PM
Aliases are a part of Sam. People have the ability to anger others by using them, so naturally they are going to use them. If you make threads like this, its only going to encourage them. Plus, people love knowing there is an aura of mystery around them when they are using an alias.

Sexyjess
08-05-2003, 08:56 PM
well D....

maybe some ppl doing that cos they dont wanna play whit the clanname and just practise whitout noone know its them?
i did that often before but am bad soo noo good skills :lol: :rolleyes:

angry now? yeaa comeone ;) :P

JIMINATOR
08-05-2003, 09:01 PM
oh, I get it, so aliases are....

OUTLAWS Ada
08-05-2003, 10:32 PM
How about we have an official "no-tags" day in celebration of a great year here at GM and then we can all get it out of our systems, then post our wins and try and convince the rest it was actually us that won&#33; :rolleyes:

Sirc
08-05-2003, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Ada@Aug 5 2003, 06:32 PM
How about we have an official "no-tags" day in celebration of a great year here at GM and then we can all get it out of our systems, then post our wins and try and convince the rest it was actually us that won&#33; :rolleyes:
Actually I think that idea has potential. We could have a GM tag contest and everyone could wear the winning GM tag instead of their clan tag for one day (or two). If everyone used their game names we&#39;d still know who everyone was. :hmmm:

I like it&#33; :w00t: :drink:

EDIT: Okay, that wouldn&#39;t be a "no-tags" day. That would be a "GM tags" day. :oooo:

Morpheus
08-05-2003, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by Psycho Marz@Aug 5 2003, 12:34 PM
then again i argue over more dumb things than that :online2long:
yea, like Strider&#39;s crosshair in that one game. :D :D :D :D :D

Slice
08-06-2003, 04:35 AM
Originally posted by Phoenix@Aug 5 2003, 04:49 PM
Aliases are a part of Sam. People have the ability to anger others by using them, so naturally they are going to use them. If you make threads like this, its only going to encourage them. Plus, people love knowing there is an aura of mystery around them when they are using an alias.
The good players know who the person is already, so it doesn&#39;t matter. I don&#39;t really care, or play anymore anyways. :P

SASQUATCH
08-06-2003, 05:03 AM
75% of the time I know who the players are but most of the time I decided not to figure it out but just play and have fun.

Opinions are fine but insults make matters worse and it will not go away either, so why bother but just play and if you find yourself playing with alias and don&#39;t like it then leave and go elsewhere and have fun.

I never bother to question it but only play and most of the time when an alias is saying bad sh1T to me I just continue playing 95% of the time.

Many people use alias and some are my good friends and so I respect them and will not say anything bad against them but only show respect especially for the game that we enjoy.

I do understand what most people are saying but we do know one thing and that we agree on, and that is it will not change when it comes to alias names.

Now we should have more clan war match for fun but at times when two clans play against each other there is always a problem which I find silly. What bothers me most is lag which we have all experience but at times it can be so frustrating when playing because I enjoy the game when we are all playing and nothing needs to be proven but only to have fun.

The game is about having fun not something beyond but at times it&#39;s can be good competition when it is done right without fighting but enjoying.

Let’s have more clan match and you will see less alias names.

This subject has never rested and will continue going on without a solution because most people are thinking about alias names and only discussing what is wrong about them when it is best to just have more clan match instead and again you will see less alias names or have more private fun match instead of clan wars by playing together in private by just asking the clans to play on our server.

This will be my last time I will stick my nose in this subject until I see something more positive or a better solution because how long are we going to talk about this and when are we ever going to let this subject go but at least to try fine ways instead.

So much for this subject. :wave:

Death Engineer
08-06-2003, 02:26 PM
Well, you know how I feel about constant name changes...I hate that part of SS. But with no restrictions in place to keep them the same, you can&#39;t really do anything about it. If you really want names to stay the same, play something like DAOC where the names are locked for the existence of the character (first names anyways).

Slash
08-06-2003, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by SASQUATCH@Aug 6 2003, 12:03 AM
75% of the time I know who the players are but most of the time I decided not to figure it out but just play and have fun.

Opinions are fine but insults make matters worse and it will not go away either, so why bother but just play and if you find yourself playing with alias and don&#39;t like it then leave and go elsewhere and have fun.

I never bother to question it but only play and most of the time when an alias is saying bad sh1T to me I just continue playing 95% of the time.

Many people use alias and some are my good friends and so I respect them and will not say anything bad against them but only show respect especially for the game that we enjoy.

I do understand what most people are saying but we do know one thing and that we agree on, and that is it will not change when it comes to alias names.

Now we should have more clan war match for fun but at times when two clans play against each other there is always a problem which I find silly. What bothers me most is lag which we have all experience but at times it can be so frustrating when playing because I enjoy the game when we are all playing and nothing needs to be proven but only to have fun.

The game is about having fun not something beyond but at times it&#39;s can be good competition when it is done right without fighting but enjoying.

Let’s have more clan match and you will see less alias names.

This subject has never rested and will continue going on without a solution because most people are thinking about alias names and only discussing what is wrong about them when it is best to just have more clan match instead and again you will see less alias names or have more private fun match instead of clan wars by playing together in private by just asking the clans to play on our server.

This will be my last time I will stick my nose in this subject until I see something more positive or a better solution because how long are we going to talk about this and when are we ever going to let this subject go but at least to try fine ways instead.

So much for this subject.&nbsp; :wave:
SAS you make many good points but again IMHO, alias users are losers. :loser:

mod
08-06-2003, 05:01 PM
hmmmm
i cant use aliases everyone always knows it me :bandhead:

mod :wave:

Goober
08-06-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by mod@Aug 6 2003, 12:01 PM
hmmmm

:lol: Ain&#39;t that the truth......you ole squatter you.

Nick
08-06-2003, 06:37 PM
:cool: let&#39;s all start squatting to help Mod out &#33;&#33; :thumbs:

SASQUATCH
08-06-2003, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by mod@Aug 6 2003, 12:01 PM
hmmmm

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

SASQUATCH
08-06-2003, 07:35 PM
SAS you make many good points but again IMHO, alias users are losers. :loser:
:lol: ;)

Phoenix
08-07-2003, 01:07 AM
Un called for Phoenix.
Edited by gm admin.

Sepra
08-07-2003, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by mod@Aug 6 2003, 01:01 PM
hmmmm

:lol: That was proved today :P :rolleyes:

Phoenix
08-07-2003, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by Phoenix@Aug 7 2003, 01:07 AM
Un called for Phoenix.
Edited by gm admin.
Oooopsies.......Well, I was just trying to lighten up the atmosphere in here......plus, I like kissing up to Slice ;)

Slice
08-07-2003, 03:18 AM
Originally posted by Phoenix+Aug 6 2003, 11:15 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Phoenix @ Aug 6 2003, 11:15 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Phoenix@Aug 7 2003, 01:07 AM
Un called for Phoenix.
Edited by gm admin.
Oooopsies.......Well, I was just trying to lighten up the atmosphere in here......plus, I like kissing up to Slice ;) [/b][/quote]
Don&#39;t worry honey I got to read it before it got changed. If you want pictures, pm me. :P :rofl:

Morpheus
08-07-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by mod@Aug 6 2003, 01:01 PM
hmmmm

yea he was playin as gamemecca.net the other day and i knew it was him right away. also i saw hobbes as pirate pete and "worst MERC ever" andi knew it was him. :lol: