PDA

View Full Version : ASE

Dissectional
08-05-2003, 10:00 PM
Who uses it? I downloaded it to give it a try....and besides being too lazy to read the manual, that damn thing looks like more trouble then it is worth...really, though, I am getting tired of typing in IP's everytime I want some Freezetag action.

Is it worth it to get it running?

FUS1ON
08-05-2003, 10:16 PM
I do, It's too easy to use and well worth the $10 annual fee. :thumbs:

Just a few reasons why I like it:
- Favorite Servers list
- Buddys playing list
- Ability to launch games

Casanova
08-05-2003, 10:25 PM
I use ASE too...

Btw, did you know that "ase" is Finnish word and it means "gun"?? :cool:

Grimmy
08-05-2003, 10:51 PM
I use it. Can't remember the last time I used and in game browser. :cool:

Sirc
08-05-2003, 10:54 PM
I've used ASE forever. I'd hate to be without it. Plus, the Q3 in-game browser is soooo sloooow. :wacko:

Grimmy
08-05-2003, 10:56 PM
Another thing you could use Diss, is the Q3 plug in for IE. Check out the server page here (which I think you will have to go to the main page to get the link) but there are a couple of Frag's servers there. You might have to change the path to where Q3 is, but I can join in on the games right from IE.

Sal needs to update that page and have all of Frag's server there. Go pester him till he does it. He doesn't listen to me :rolleyes:

Dissectional
08-05-2003, 11:14 PM
Thanks guys. I guess I will give it another chance then. Joining one of Frag's servers through Q3 is frickin murder.

Fragetti
08-06-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Dissectional@Aug 5 2003, 06:14 PM
Thanks guys. I guess I will give it another chance then. Joining one of Frag's servers through Q3 is frickin murder.
I agree :blink:
I use ASE its nice. I went for the life time for 30 bucks me likey :rolleyes: A few things I havent figured out is how to delete servers and some times when I join a game thru ASE I lose my mouse? once in the game I go to setup and back to game am cool :blink:

OUTLAWS Spike
08-06-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Fragetti@Aug 5 2003, 06:09 PM

A few things I havent figured out is how to delete servers
Are you talking about how to delete servers in your favs in ASE?

Fragetti
08-06-2003, 12:30 AM
:hmmm: thanks Spike I tried the delete server and it wouldnt delete it. Cant say I tried remove from faves one will give it a try. I never noticed it before :oooo: Still on my secondary
rig till I get the house back together :bawling: Am jones-in for some fragage :wacko: Hope to be out there soon. Cant wate to try S6 JP server. Is it any good? Thinking of setting up a temp server with that promod 52core just to check out the new features :hmmm:

OUTLAWS Spike
08-06-2003, 12:41 AM
It's a great server Frag!! :jammin:

btw is there any chance you could move closer to me :oooo: so I can get a better ping? :rofl: It's like 18 hops for Shogun and me!! :bawling:

Grimmy
08-06-2003, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Fragetti@Aug 5 2003, 07:30 PM
:hmmm: thanks Spike I tried the delete server and it wouldnt delete it. Cant say I tried remove from faves one will give it a try. I never noticed it before :oooo: Still on my secondary
rig till I get the house back together :bawling: Am jones-in for some fragage :wacko: Hope to be out there soon. Cant wate to try S6 JP server. Is it any good? Thinking of setting up a temp server with that promod 52core just to check out the new features :hmmm:
Never been able to try the JP sever, no one ever on it :WTF:

Frag, the other server 6 you had running, was just like the JP setup, just with bots, and well not all of there custom maps. I am sure there were a few other things that were different, but it was pretty close.

H&R (hook n rail) ROXS! :jammin:

Fragetti
08-06-2003, 12:59 AM
So Grimmy your saying go back to my h/rail config w/bots :hmmm: maybe just add there map rotation :thumbs:

Grimmy
08-06-2003, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Fragetti@Aug 5 2003, 07:59 PM
So Grimmy your saying go back to my h/rail config w/bots :hmmm: maybe just add there map rotation :thumbs:
:jammin:

Then you would just have to compare the 2 cfg files. They might have a setting different then what you had it and if you want to try it, change the number and such.

And for sure, add there map rotation. That would just be UB3R ROXZORS!!

You know where I will be tonight :wootrock:

When you had that server set up, I joined and Hare was there and I figured how to call for a vote and turn the GH on, so it was pretty much like the JP server, just with bots. :thumbs:

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-06-2003, 02:13 AM
I've never used it.

Nick
08-06-2003, 02:17 AM
:unsure: used it twice....
dont see the point....

Death Engineer
08-06-2003, 02:30 PM
I use it and wouldn't go back to in-game browsers. It's just a better organization for it's purpose.

Casanova
08-06-2003, 06:47 PM
I don't use it for Sam, only for CS and BF and games like that... :cool:

Death Engineer
08-06-2003, 10:07 PM
You don't really need a browser for sams servers since....*cough*...most of them fit in 1 page. :P

Seriously though, it's nice to have a browser like ASE as your portal to all of your FPS games. It allows you to find which servers your friends (or enemies, depending on the kind of person you are :devil: ) easily and just makes joining the game simpler overall with just one interface to learn.

I'm sold on it. Err....well, the free trial version anyways. :P

DE

OUTLAWS Spike
08-06-2003, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by Death Engineer@Aug 6 2003, 04:07 PM

I'm sold on it. Err....well, the free trial version anyways. :P

I'll never pay for it as long as they keep letting me try it for 21 more days!! :oooo: :jammin:

Death Engineer
08-06-2003, 10:18 PM
Mine is down to 7. Every Sat. I have to click on the "No thanks, I'm not gonna pay unless I have to" button. :)

Sirc
08-06-2003, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Death Engineer@Aug 6 2003, 06:18 PM
Mine is down to 7. Every Sat. I have to click on the "No thanks, I'm not gonna pay unless I have to" button. :)
Mine too. I wonder how low it's gonna go. If it starts popping up too often I may actually end up buying the license. :cool:

Grimmy
08-06-2003, 10:24 PM
I get that message also, but it is more then 7 days, even though it says 7 days. One of these days I will just pay for a life time, $30 and be done with it. :cool: