PDA

View Full Version : Grrrrrrrrr.........

OUTLAWS high ping camper
08-08-2003, 10:32 PM
The ol' bait and switch:

I ordered a 21" Viewsonic model # P817 from ebay's half.com for $199.00 (plus $12 shipping).

Well, guess what I got?

A 21" Viewsonic model #GS815!!! :bandhead:

Yes, it works.......but it has a lower resolution and refresh rate than the P817.

I just knew that was gonna happen.....and it sucks! :bawling:

I left a negative rating along with my "bait and switch" comment on the website, so now other people will know to not buy crap from this guy/company.

I'm sure he's got some disclaimer stating that there may be substitutions of equal value...blah..blah..blah.

His account name is: Surplus 2 you

Slice
08-08-2003, 10:41 PM
That really sucks man. :(

OUTLAWS Behind You?
08-08-2003, 10:46 PM
Can you send it back and get a refund? Just hoping? :bandhead:

EXEcution
08-08-2003, 10:51 PM
Totally not cool, you get what u paid for and thas final, no excuses! :down:

OUTLAWS high ping camper
08-08-2003, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Behind You?@Aug 8 2003, 02:46 PM
Can you send it back and get a refund? Just hoping? :bandhead:
Doubt it.....not quite sure how that works with ebay purchases.

I left the nasty comment on the site for everyone to see.

Now I'm waiting to see what the guy has to say.

This will probably end my internet buying.

It's not the end of the world.......but it sucks.

Yellow[GummiBear]
08-09-2003, 01:48 AM
damn that's real unfortunate.. I'd definitely try to see about getting the right product though man... and make HIM pay the shipping for the return and the new monitor.... don't forget about the Better Business Beaureu if you really wanna cause that guy some trouble

Dissectional
08-09-2003, 01:56 AM
HPC, you should really check into that. I know there has to be a way to get what you paid for, or make a switch or something. EBay has to protect itself and it's customers somehow. Might be worth some time on the net and some phone calls.

Crism
08-09-2003, 02:16 AM
couldn't find him on ebay....linkie?

Death-Dude
08-09-2003, 03:21 AM
I would say that that is quantitatively not of equal value. Sure, it's still a good deal, but it doesn't sound right.

merkwannabe
08-09-2003, 04:54 AM
I understand what you mean HPC.. Ebay itself is risky.. I have purchased golf clubs from there and got lucky both times.. But in general, its just such too ifffy of a method to purchase merchandise... I hope you get what is rightfully yours... You are such a good person and you deserve it.

ME BIGGD01
08-09-2003, 04:46 PM
bullsh1t!!!!!!!!!!!!! hpc--how did you pay? what ever way you did, call the credit card company or bank and deny the purchase. let that motherf@$@#$ pay for everything back. i couldnt buy something unless i knew the person or where he lived just in case he was a scumbag. i hate dishonest people and there is no excuse fo his crap. ebay sucks and should be responsible since they are the ones who make profit off that site. they should have insurance and i would write in and warn them that there name is diminishing. if toy find out he lives in the tri state area let me know and i will get your money back paid in full.

merkwannabe
08-09-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by ME BIGGD01@Aug 9 2003, 08:46 AM
bullsh1t!!!!!!!!!!!!! hpc--how did you pay? what ever way you did, call the credit card company or bank and deny the purchase. let that motherf@$@#$ pay for everything back. i couldnt buy something unless i knew the person or where he lived just in case he was a scumbag. i hate dishonest people and there is no excuse fo his crap. ebay sucks and should be responsible since they are the ones who make profit off that site. they should have insurance and i would write in and warn them that there name is diminishing. if toy find out he lives in the tri state area let me know and i will get your money back paid in full.
I will never be dishonest again... Really and I don't live in California...

OUTLAWS high ping camper
08-09-2003, 08:38 PM
Well here's the E mail I sent to him:

Hey Wendell,
Here's an idea.
Why don't you send me a 21" Viewsonic model # P817, and I'll ship this piece of crap, back to you.
The refresh rates and resolution settings of this GS815 (that you sent me) do not compare to what I ordered.
Yeh, I know, you got your $200 so what do you care!?
What are you doing advertising a P817 if you don't have one?
Why don't you just list the models you have?
Of course no one would want to buy them, so you advertise a top of the line model, and send out crap instead.
I can't wait to see what you have to post for a response on ebay.
I'm sure it will read something like this: Tried to contact customer by E mail, to resolve, but no response.
Your parents must be real proud of you.
Have a crappy day.

::: DARK PSI :::
08-09-2003, 09:58 PM
This is a prime example of why I only sell on Ebay and never buy.

ME BIGGD01
08-11-2003, 05:04 AM
where does he live--post some links to the articles and his stuff that's for sale. we'll fix his aszzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

JIMINATOR
08-11-2003, 05:17 AM
hell yes, send biggs up there to tell him what he really thinks... :oooo:

Death-Dude
08-12-2003, 02:57 AM
I think I would do what BiggD said earlier, go to your credit card company. Most cards are offering net protection now, and you need to pursue it, the quicker the better. Venting at him in e-mail, while feeling good, only makes him more difficult to deal with. Do that once the deal is cemented. But, if you contact your credit card co., and get them to stop the payment, then the pressure is back on him....he might even have to ship out a different monitor, and pay to ship the other back! Call the Card Co.