PDA

View Full Version : Too many Swimmers lately

SASQUATCH
08-09-2003, 07:06 AM
We been having Swimmers in Slash server and many other but lately at Slash Server.

I know one of the guys who uses no name is back again and swimming but others have been doing the same sh1t and it is taking the fun away from the game.

I say it is time to crack down on them before it continues and gets worse.

Please everyone let's clean it up and begin taking screenshots and take them out for good from the server.

If this continues I will not play SS2 anymore, that is how bad it is becoming.

We must put a stop to it as soon as possible.

I say no chances to anyone who is swimming and I don't care if you are testing because the truth is you shouldn't be and if you are going to test it then open your own server and do it.

If Slash, Bigg's, Slice and other major servers doesn't permit any swimming then it is that simple not to or be ban.

I am going to spy and begin taking screenshots of these players and will begin posting them and have them completely ban if possible by asking the rightful owners of the major servers.

No more chances will be permitted and there last warning.

Grimmy
08-09-2003, 07:16 AM
Swimming is a bad thing that got out and now everyone knows how to do it. Rather then trying to ban those that use it, why not know how to defend against it and blast them out of the water, or umm the floor?? It is something that won't be fixed for a long time, so learn to know what to look for, and make it a part of the game. Those that learn that and what to look out for, will be a better gamer then those that don't. Just one of those little quirks of the game you are going to have to learn to deal with. :rolleyes:

merkwannabe
08-09-2003, 07:37 AM
Just to let you know, sometimes I don't use a name, but I never swim.. I played the famous swimmer the other day, the one fastway battled with and I was able to kill him once.. Its very satisifying for me... He kepted calling me gay other things that didn't make sense, but I won in the end.. muhahahaha I liked it, but I can see that if people swam in every game it would ruin sam completley.

TheUltimateWarrior
08-09-2003, 08:19 AM
they are swimming because its HOT!!

JIMINATOR
08-09-2003, 08:58 AM
nah, the a$$hole with no name or ? is almost impossible to kill.
it isn't just swimming, he can jump up to the cannon and swim there.
I think that he is looking for perfects.
i can rocket jump up there, and if there is invul, cool, otherwise
by the time i find him, he usually cannons me.
I chased the guy out yesterday, biggd was there along with
a few others. They eventually got him. Afterwards
he was flooding the server with lots of netsends.
he is a total scumbag and a loozer, whose only purpose
is to ruin the game for everyone else.

Casanova
08-09-2003, 11:01 AM
Like I said before, 1.07 is now "The Cheater's Mecca". Not 1.05 anymore... :wootrock:

SASQUATCH
08-09-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Aug 9 2003, 02:16 AM
Swimming is a bad thing that got out and now everyone knows how to do it.  Rather then trying to ban those that use it, why not know how to defend against it and blast them out of the water, or umm the floor??  It is something that won't be fixed for a long time, so learn to know what to look for, and make it a part of the game.  Those that learn that and what to look out for, will be a better gamer then those that don't.  Just one of those little quirks of the game you are going to have to learn to deal with.  :rolleyes:
Grimmy like Jim said it is very hard to get him believe me and your chances are very slim to catch him.

I was playing the other day and I got him once and three other guys jumped in to help and this guys record was 36 and 3. It's almost impossible to catch him if you are setup correctly and this guy is very good in doing so.

At the lava you can be at almost or at least 10 different spots and there is more but the point is it's difficult and what makes it hard is that when playing I like to go against players one on one at times or move around to prepare the attack against the players but now I have to worry about a player who is so hard to find because he is on the ground. For example when your running up the ramp by the water there is about 20 spots he can hide mostly if you turn the corner and you don't have the chance and I was killed like that and didnt see him because it is impossible. The point is that there are many spots to guess where he is and I don't think to learn to deal with it is the answer my friend. If that is going to be the answer then it's no point in playing the game anymore or just move on to another server and then run into another player doing the same sh1t. We have learn to play this game the right way and it's bad as it is to deal with cannons that most players do not like to play with and I have seen many great players just leave because of it but to deal with swimmers is another issue.

Well if that's the only answer we can think of, then SS2 is dead. Also if we decide to gang up on these swimmers then we are playing there game because it is what they want and that will not justified the game.

Think about it man, it's common sense to understand this and the reasons. :rolleyes:

My reason for ever joining a forum was because of this game and thanks to Falk and GunElement for intruducing this game and helping me with the idea of having a clan team because if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be here now. I have never joined a forum until I started playing this game and again if it wasn't for them I wouldn't be here and would hope that I didn't waste time coming to these forums or having a clan.
Most importantly is meeting friends and people who I know now and respect but if I can't get the support I need for this, then I will have no choice but to let everything go and just move on. Some things never last but this could have last longer with the support that I need and I am not the only one who feels this way.

Now I don't know about you guys but what Grimmy said is not the solution and will not help and will not provide the support that SS2 deserves after these couple of years we have played. No offense toward you Grimmy but that wasn't the answer I was looking for and not a solution. We have been able to prevent this from happening before and why stop now.

I need to know if I am going to continue the pressure in preventing these players from swimming but I need to know if I am going to get the support and if not then let me know now so that I will not waste anyones time and my as well and just move on.

V98ci
08-09-2003, 01:56 PM
I have a long demo of that guy if anybody wants it.

He is the guy that I beat a couple of times because I convinced all the other players to leave him alone up there and not go after him. Another time when he was close to winning I just ran to the middle and let the 2nd place player kill me everytime until he won! :devil: That really pissed the swimmer off! :w00t:

SASQUATCH
08-09-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by V98ci@Aug 9 2003, 08:56 AM
I have a long demo of that guy if anybody wants it.

He is the guy that I beat a couple of times because I convinced all the other players to leave him alone up there and not go after him. Another time when he was close to winning I just ran to the middle and let the 2nd place player kill me everytime until he won! :devil: That really pissed the swimmer off! :w00t:
That isn't a bad answer but it still puts him in the game because we are force to play in this way.

We need to prevent this now or we are going to let this guy run the game and have to play only in sections to prevent him from playing or to have one of us get killed by the second place guy.

That is only letting him dictate the game and I don't like it at all and want this stopped.

Me(UK)
08-09-2003, 02:19 PM
Some others and myself teamed on him not so long back, once he was killed I just sat up top and guarded the area against him returning. After he was killed in open play a few times he left at which point I just resumed the game :thumbs: Job done

SASQUATCH
08-09-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Me(UK)@Aug 9 2003, 09:19 AM
Some others and myself teamed on him not so long back, once he was killed I just sat up top and guarded the area against him returning. After he was killed in open play a few times he left at which point I just resumed the game  :thumbs:  Job done
Again we are letting him dictate the game. We have been able to prevent this guy from playing on the server before and we can do it again and for whoever is doing this as well but we really need to keep him away from the game.

I have done it before too but it doesn't always work because this guy at times can have so many cannons collected and when he does and gets the superpower up, he just goes back up there again and control the area. This does not work all the time and are we going to change our game because of him? No we shouldn't have too and that is why we must consider taking action and prevent this from happening and we have been able to do so before and why stop now.

::: DARK PSI :::
08-09-2003, 03:23 PM
I remember when I played games with a swimmer. I just played the game as usual and got kills fast. I always won. They would just park it some where and wait for people to come to them. By the time he got 5 kills, I won. So swimmers never bugged me. I also found it an extra challenge to kill them and piss them off enough to leave the game. Swimmers, at times, add to the game. Look we have been playing this game for so long, a change is always nice. :)

DiTomasso
08-09-2003, 03:41 PM
great thread, every body is having the same problems.
The stupid thing is that i even forget that there are swimmers. Sometimes got killed (in the hole) when there is now one in sight ( not even invincible). Never came to my mind that someone could be swimming.

start recording every game.

:wave:

Morpheus
08-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Psycho Marz@Aug 9 2003, 11:30 AM
there is nothing u can do about swimming and other cheats, except ban .Even on the new ss2, if there is a cheat its will be done by someone
:lol: better ban those two people in your server yesterday. they were :loser:

mod
08-09-2003, 03:46 PM
ok guys gonna teach you all something
go into advanced under settings
pretty simple to do
click on shadow type
there are a few to choose from im using complex multiple lights
it shows all campers swimmers etc
works for me although there is one drawback when alot of players are in one area it gets confusing with all the shadows..

mod :wave:

mod
08-09-2003, 03:51 PM
" there is nothing u can do about swimming and other cheats, except ban .Even on the new ss..."
-Psycho Marz yes there is marz ..

SASQUATCH
08-09-2003, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by :: DARK LEVIATHAN ::@Aug 9 2003, 10:23 AM
I remember when I played games with a swimmer.  I just played the game as usual and got kills fast.  I always won.  They would just park it some where and wait for people to come to them.  By the time he got 5 kills, I won.  So swimmers never bugged me.  I also found it an extra challenge to kill them and piss them off enough to leave the game.  Swimmers, at times, add to the game.  Look we have been playing this game for so long, a change is always nice.  :)
Lev

There is this guy who is excellent when playing while swimming and believe me he is hard to get.

You haven't played in a while and I know you are an excellent player but when you have a record of 31 & 0 and then someone swimming decides to kill you and take the fun alway trying to get a perfect game destroies the game and takes the fun of trying to get a perfect game by playing the game right.

Wait until you meet this player because he's not only smart but very sneaky and knows every spot so well.

I have run into many swimmers and got them many times but this guy is good and smart and makes it difficult to move around when playing.

Lev play the game as much as I do and you will see what I mean and how fustrating it can be. It's bad as it is playing with lag and this old sh1T system but to have to worry about a swimmer makes the game even worse for me to play.

Well it's known now that no one will support it and I understand everyones opinion but maybe it's time for me to let it go.

Thank you all and this subject for me is over.

SASQUATCH
08-09-2003, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by mod@Aug 9 2003, 10:46 AM
ok guys gonna teach you all something 
go into advanced under settings
pretty simple to do
click on shadow type
there are a few to choose from im using complex multiple lights
it shows all campers swimmers etc
works for me although there is one drawback when alot of players are in one area it gets confusing with all the shadows..

Thx Mod but I know everything about SS2 and there scripts and settings even UT2003.

Well then this game is dead for me and will not play it anymore and I will be making an Announcement soon.

mod
08-09-2003, 04:48 PM
ALL I CAN SAY IS I KILL SWIMMERS FOR FUN NOW WAY EASY

MOD :wave:

ME BIGGD01
08-09-2003, 04:53 PM
i have to admit, i have never seen it before and when i did, it was impossible to kill him. he had the cannon and although he was swimming, he would dissapear in the wall and i could not see him. people like this deserve to bleed to death and painfully and there parents deserve to be gassed and the thrown to sharks.

UncleSam
08-09-2003, 05:00 PM
:hmmm: ..now tell us how you really feel BIGG! :P

In my opinion we should not let swimmers ruin our fun, that's what they want.
If you encounter 1 there are 3 options: leave that particular game, make it your sole
mission to hunt them down all game, or play on as usual.

I will usually go for option #2 and try and make the game as miserable as possible for
any swimmers. If i succede they do usually leave early.

SASQUATCH
08-09-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by mod@Aug 9 2003, 11:48 AM
ALL I CAN SAY IS I KILL SWIMMERS FOR FUN NOW WAY EASY

MOD :wave:
I am still using my old system when playing and it can't handle the shadow my friend.

This system is old and it runs like sh1T.

I am going to wait until I put my new system together when I get the chance possibly by the end of this month.

Listen forget about this subject and let's just play but I will find another way to deal with this player.

SAS

SASQUATCH
08-09-2003, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by UncleSam@Aug 9 2003, 12:00 PM
:hmmm:    ..now tell us how you really feel BIGG!  :P

In my opinion we should not let swimmers ruin our fun, that's what they want.
If you encounter 1 there are 3 options: leave that particular game, make it your sole
mission to hunt them down all game, or play on as usual.

I will usually go for option #2 and try and make the game as miserable as possible for
any swimmers.  If i succede they do usually leave early.
Not this player because what he does is f9 then comes back to try to get a perfect game and he doesn't give up at all believe me. He likes the idea of being chased.

Also by doing so, will only make him want to continue doing so at the games.

I am to a point where maybe it's best to leave it alone but I do remeber being able to stop this
and prevent this player from coming on to the server and it was done perfectly and never returned
unil now.

Listen thank you all ok.

SAS

EdoG
08-09-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by TheUltimateWarrior@Aug 9 2003, 08:19 AM
:rofl:

::: DARK PSI :::
08-09-2003, 07:58 PM
I still can't believe this many people are still playing sam. You guys sure got your $20 worth. :D

Phoenix
08-09-2003, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by TheUltimateWarrior@Aug 9 2003, 08:19 AM
:lol:

Thats was good.

EXEcution
08-09-2003, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by :: DARK LEVIATHAN ::@Aug 9 2003, 03:58 PM
I still can't believe this many people are still playing sam. You guys sure got your $20 worth. :D
If you overlook the lag its a GREAT title :oooo:

Morpheus
08-09-2003, 10:33 PM
:lol: Like me, i'd own JT in his server if i had cable.

ME BIGGD01
08-10-2003, 01:27 AM
pm me an ip of a swimmer. if anyone see's one on doa server let me know with pic or name.

EXEcution
08-10-2003, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by Psycho Marz+Aug 9 2003, 05:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Psycho Marz @ Aug 9 2003, 05:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -XtremeGamer@Aug 9 2003, 03:52 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--:: DARK LEVIATHAN ::@Aug 9 2003, 03:58 PM
I still can&#39;t believe this many people are still playing sam.* You guys sure got your &#036;20 worth.* :D
If you overlook the lag its a GREAT title :oooo:
SS SE = most skillfull game ever

its amazing to see a person with over 250 pings and plain out own everyone

these are old screenies of TUW, his pings prolly 250-350
everyone elses pings 100-200 [/b][/quote]
I agree, it takes alot to be good at Sam, cuz 1 shot can decide a win or a loss&#33;

Die Hard
08-10-2003, 09:26 PM
If you can ban them. Ban them.

If you can&#39;t, then just get on with
it and ignore them. They rarely win
the game anyway.

Sassy
08-13-2003, 07:01 PM
This is one of the reasons why I&#39;m about to use my SSam disc as a coffee coaster, I can&#39;t believe this bug hasn&#39;t been fixed in a year and a half now. :WTF: SSam used to be one of my deathmatch match games&#33; And now.. :unsure:
I rarely play it now because of the unfixed bugs being one of the problems, I thought I&#39;d put in my .02 on the matter. :)

BlackWolf
08-17-2003, 11:49 AM
i say get them banned as fast as possible it ruining the fun it annoying when having a great game going then u get killed by a camping swimmer :mad:

MR. SLiK
08-17-2003, 05:12 PM
the only solution to completely get rid of them: Take The Hole out of map rotation.

JIMINATOR
08-17-2003, 05:47 PM
well, you don&#39;t have to play it. I like it, i think it is a great map.
if everyone learned the rocket jump move, then people would
have to quit much of that crap.

PaPa-Doc
08-17-2003, 06:33 PM
swimmers suck :<
dont quit sam sas :<
tuw rules :>

PaPa-Doc
08-17-2003, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Sassy@Aug 13 2003, 07:01 PM
This is one of the reasons why I&#39;m about to use my SSam disc as a coffee coaster, I can&#39;t believe this bug hasn&#39;t been fixed in a year and a half now. :WTF: SSam used to be one of my deathmatch match games&#33; And now.. :unsure:
I rarely play it now because of the unfixed bugs being one of the problems, I thought I&#39;d put in my .02 on the matter. :)
dont do that &#33; ;x
send the disc to my adress ;>

JayChyl
08-17-2003, 06:41 PM
Chy, this is the last time I am going to warn you about anything dealing with warez or illegal activity. Next time, automatic ban&#33; Please reread the rules, and FOLLOW THEM&#33; :dry:

Grimmy

DiTomasso
08-18-2003, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by MR. SLiK@Aug 17 2003, 05:12 PM
the only solution to completely get rid of them: Take The Hole out of map rotation.
The Hole is my favourit map, I don&#39;t think thats a solution.
Better ignore those ***holes.

:wave:

MR. SLiK
08-18-2003, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by Chyliniak+Aug 17 2003, 10:41 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chyliniak @ Aug 17 2003, 10:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -PaPa-Doc@Aug 17 2003, 08:34 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Sassy@Aug 13 2003, 07:01 PM
This is one of the reasons why I&#39;m about to use my SSam disc as a coffee coaster, I can&#39;t believe this bug hasn&#39;t been fixed in a year and a half now.* :WTF: SSam used to be one of my deathmatch match games&#33; And now..* :unsure:
* I rarely play it now because of the unfixed bugs being one of the problems, I thought I&#39;d put in my .02 on the matter. :)
dont do that &#33; ;x
send the disc to my adress ;>
-Edited- [/b][/quote]
edit your post now, your breaking the rules idiot

JayChyl
08-18-2003, 10:11 AM
Opps sorry. I am dumbass

SALvation
08-18-2003, 01:36 PM
You&#39;re lucky Grimmy saw this before me. I would have banned you. You&#39;ve had enough warnings so consider this your last one.

JayChyl
08-18-2003, 03:59 PM
Didn&#39;t know this program is a ware. This program is legal for music downloading. LEGAL, so it can&#39;t be ware

JIMINATOR
08-18-2003, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Chyliniak@Aug 18 2003, 11:59 AM
Didn&#39;t know this program is a ware. This program is legal for music downloading. LEGAL, so it can&#39;t be ware
illegal for the purpose you mentioned

JayChyl
08-18-2003, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR+Aug 18 2003, 06:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JIMINATOR @ Aug 18 2003, 06:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Chyliniak@Aug 18 2003, 11:59 AM
illegal for the purpose you mentioned [/b][/quote]
yea