PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XI

SoulReaver
08-09-2003, 06:35 PM
i cant wait for this game how do u think its gonna do im gonna get the pc version

EXEcution
08-09-2003, 08:51 PM
Is it gonna be an MMO game?

OUTLAWS BIOHAZARD
08-09-2003, 09:21 PM
Yes it is a MMORPG. I own it for PS2 Import right now, but I don't want to pay to play so I just have the game itself.

Thanks alot!
BIOHAZARD

Burn the Witch
08-09-2003, 10:23 PM
Well, I'm out, as some (few lol) people know I think the Final Fantasy name is now crap, they ruined a franchise. Knowing a number of people here dont like MMORPG's cause of the costs, you should know that in Japan they made the customers pay full price for the game then around $8 PER CHARACTER. PER MONTH. Gah, I like my MMORPGS but paying per character is outrageous.

SoulReaver
08-11-2003, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Burn the Witch@Aug 9 2003, 06:23 PM
Well, I'm out, as some (few lol) people know I think the Final Fantasy name is now crap, they ruined a franchise. Knowing a number of people here dont like MMORPG's cause of the costs, you should know that in Japan they made the customers pay full price for the game then around $8 PER CHARACTER. PER MONTH. Gah, I like my MMORPGS but paying per character is outrageous.
i agree stupid!!! wish it was for free monthly

Dissectional
08-11-2003, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by Burn the Witch@Aug 9 2003, 05:23 PM
My brother...I think you are being to harsh in saying that FF name is crap now....give it a chance. I for one am very excited about FFX-2, I think that it will be fun. As far as FFXI goes....I think that I will get the pc version, just so I don't have to buy the hard drive for the PS2. I don't want another 'add-on' fiasco like with my GameCube (I bought the broadband adapter and have yet to go online in PSO). Honestly though, I think that paying a subscription fee for a MMORPG is crap in the first place. Take the money from the game sales for server upkeep, not a frickin' subscription fee. And like Twitch said, paying per character is super lame. One account, mulitple characters. I guess we will have to see. Americans are pretty straight up when they want something, and if SquareEnix/Sony comes up with the wrong subscription model for the game, it will tank.

SoulReaver
08-11-2003, 01:49 AM
i am really excited about FFX-2 also but i dont like it that u have to pay for online in FFXI im a huge final fantasy fan