PDA

View Full Version : Weapon bob

Dissectional
08-09-2003, 09:35 PM
I can't seem to find an option to turn weapon bob off in Q3. Can anyone help a brother out?

melonhead
08-09-2003, 10:04 PM
Don't believe there is a setting for the weapon specifically (like UT2k3), but here are some commands that control the bobbing on your character model. Also, there is another command to hide the weapon completely.

/cg_runpitch "0.002"
/cg_runroll "0.005"
/cg_bobpitch "0.002"
/cg_bobroll "0.002"

I have never bothered with these settings myself, but I believe if you set them to zero, all bobbing will be off, and that might well translate over to the weapon.

/cg_drawgun 0 makes gun disappear

Dissectional
08-10-2003, 01:37 AM
thanks....but uh....where do I change these settings? :rofl: Super n00b here.... ;)

whoop....okay, I can run those from the console, are there any .ini changes or something that I can do?

Thanks again Melonhead :thumbs:

melonhead
08-10-2003, 02:16 AM
Lol, you are definetly a UT player! :cool:

In Quake, the .cfg file is what a .ini file is in UT. I'm not sure what Form of Quake you're talking about, whether it's regular Quake or Ultra Freeze Tag. In any case, if you're playing vanilla Quake, the .cfg file is located in the C:/Program files/QuakeIIIArena/baseq3 and it's called q3config. Open it with wordpad and you can edit it from there. If you're playing freeze, look in C:/Program files/QuakeIIIArena/Ultrafreeze

Dissectional
08-10-2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by melonhead@Aug 9 2003, 09:16 PM
Lol, you are definetly a UT player! :cool:

In Quake, the .cfg file is what a .ini file is in UT. I'm not sure what Form of Quake you're talking about, whether it's regular Quake or Ultra Freeze Tag. In any case, if you're playing vanilla Quake, the .cfg file is located in the C:/Program files/QuakeIIIArena/baseq3 and it's called q3config. Open it with wordpad and you can edit it from there. If you're playing freeze, look in C:/Program files/QuakeIIIArena/Ultrafreeze
Okay kewl...yeah, I am talking about UFT...that is the only Quake I have been playing.