PDA

View Full Version : "GameMecca.net [GummiBears] BR" is up and running

Smooth[GummiBear]
10-18-2002, 08:31 PM
Well guys.. After a little bit of playing around with the INI's and batch files, I finally got this up and running with the Advanced WebAdmin Interface. This means that the Gummis and Hammer (who hooked us up) will be able to control the game/Server without having to edit the INI everytime we want to make a change. For those of you who are running other GM Server, I can post an explanation of how it can be setup if you would lilke. It literally only takes a few lines, and it is definetly worth it. With the Advanced WebAdmin, you can do SOOOO much more than the other cheap WebAdmin that was with UT. In this one you can control everythign it seems. You can even set up Users and Groups so that peopel can have limited access if you want, while still being able to give Admins full access. Its very slick and will help you guys run your servers more efficiently.

Now that it is up and running, tonight I plan on promoting it. I will be promoting not only the our server, but GameMecca.net's other servers as well as your hosting service, to LanWar and AsylumLAN. These two Lan Parties have a user base of over 1000 people including many clans... many of which I know do not have websites and/or forum hosting. Hopefully some of them will be impressed, like we were, with your "at home family" type feel here and will sign up to be hosted by you. I will be posting in their forums as well as putting you guys in our topic in our Gummibears IRC room. Stop by a join anytime on irc.gamesnet.com in the #gummibears room.

Thanks again for letting us run one of your servers. Me and the Gummis fully intend to help make this server, as well as your others, and this hosting service a success.

Let us know when we can help you out, and we will let you know when we see ways of improving or bettering an already great server list and hosting service here at GameMecca.net

-Smooth-

Mr Clean
10-18-2002, 09:14 PM
Thnak God, the nation is safe now.... :D

Good work!

HAMMER
10-18-2002, 10:18 PM
Hey! Coolio...I'm glad to see it finally worked for ye. Now...PM me the instructions and I'll be set to fix my other servers up.

HAMMER
10-18-2002, 10:20 PM
Oh, and send me the address to access the web interface. I don't see it under ServerAdmin or at the port we talked about earlier.

Sacrifice
10-18-2002, 10:53 PM
jus checking to see if my new avatar works