PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with keychain credit cards?

SALvation
08-11-2003, 02:56 PM
I have a new pet peeve. It started with Discover and their stupid keychain credit card but now I've seen commercials for more companies doing this. Are people really dumb enough to display their credit card info on their keychain and then hand their keys to a clerk to pay for things. I don't know about you, but memorizing 16 numbers is not very hard and with the ability to order things on the Internet, this just seems like one of the dumbest mainstream inventions in a long time.

Dissectional
08-11-2003, 03:04 PM
Not only that, but a lot of the mag stripe readers are having trouble reading those things. Lame...

JIMINATOR
08-11-2003, 03:07 PM
and if someone finds your keys, all they have to do is drop them in a mailbox!
(after maxing out the card!)

Gun Element
08-11-2003, 04:15 PM
ha, I had to do a speech on this subject. Its um very small, very easy to use?

I was like cool? :wootrock:

FUS1ON
08-11-2003, 04:33 PM
I hear ya SAL, I was glad to see the ninjas kick his butt :cool:

Mitchyl
08-11-2003, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by SALvation@Aug 11 2003, 08:56 AM
I have a new pet peeve. It started with Discover and their stupid keychain credit card but now I've seen commercials for more companies doing this. Are people really dumb enough to display their credit card info on their keychain and then hand their keys to a clerk to pay for things. I don't know about you, but memorizing 16 numbers is not very hard and with the ability to order things on the Internet, this just seems like one of the dumbest mainstream inventions in a long time.
I'm with you. I'll never understand what got into the guys mind (couldn't have been a girl...they aren't that dumb) that invented the keychain credit card. Mind as well have you ATM card put inside of a pen. That way it's easily accessible. Nevermind the security risks. :rolleyes: