PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Mitchyl

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-12-2003, 04:17 AM
for the uber chain armor. :jammin: :thumbs:

Death Engineer
08-12-2003, 04:10 PM
Not a problem. It should work until you hit level 15 -- upon which time you'll need some plate armor. Make sure and give that chain to dixie when she hits level 10.

Death Engineer
08-12-2003, 07:50 PM
If anyone else needs armor (right click on your armor to see what it cons --- meaning what color is it...it it's not yellow, orange or red, you need new armor), let me know. I can make armor for pretty much anyone up to level 20 or so.

DE

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-12-2003, 08:49 PM
:jammin:

Grimmy
08-13-2003, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Death Engineer@Aug 12 2003, 02:50 PM
If anyone else needs armor (right click on your armor to see what it cons --- meaning what color is it...it it's not yellow, orange or red, you need new armor), let me know. I can make armor for pretty much anyone up to level 20 or so.

DE
Hmmm, I will have to check mine, but I think it is only yellow. I haven't seen any orange yet, just yellow, red, then purple.

Bingo
08-13-2003, 03:45 AM
One thing, you will notice, and need to be careful about, is that you actually get MORE protection from armor that is yellow or blue. I forget the exact term now, but there is a number for something like effective armor class. You will find that that number starts to drop rapidly the more over your head the armor is.

Upshot is, something like say AC30 armor that is blue to you is actually far better than AC50 armor that is orange to you.

Bingo

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-13-2003, 04:55 AM
Originally posted by Bingo@Aug 12 2003, 11:45 PM
One thing, you will notice, and need to be careful about, is that you actually get MORE protection from armor that is yellow or blue. I forget the exact term now, but there is a number for something like effective armor class. You will find that that number starts to drop rapidly the more over your head the armor is.

Upshot is, something like say AC30 armor that is blue to you is actually far better than AC50 armor that is orange to you.

Bingo
I read that in the manual also. Same goes for weapons.

Death Engineer
08-13-2003, 03:31 PM
Right. They call it effective DPS (damage per second) or AF (armor factor). However, it gets too expensive (and time consuming) to always wear yellow armor. That's why I tend to give out orange armor so it will last a couple of levels. Especially in the low levels where you're going to level quick anyways.

DE