PDA

View Full Version : Should we move this forum?

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-14-2003, 03:59 AM
You guys think we should move this forum to the gaming section or leave it here in the Outlaws section?

Death Engineer
08-14-2003, 03:19 PM
Why would you want to move it??

SoulReaver
08-14-2003, 03:22 PM
because other people who r not in outlaws might not see this section and other people play this game that r not in outlaws

Slash
08-14-2003, 03:32 PM
I would say just move it and keep the name exactly the same- make it a forum like Sam and UT. I don't want new OD members to be confused and think they are part of the OUTLAWS. In a perfect world I would rather leave it where it is if we think there won't be any confusion. Change is so hard..... :angel:

Sepra
08-14-2003, 03:56 PM
Isnt this your own guild for Outlaws only? :hmmm: Why would you take it out of your forum?

OUTLAWS DirtGod
08-14-2003, 03:59 PM
No sep....it not for outlaws only.....its just called the outlaws..... :wacko:

Thank you tha is all :oooo:

Death Engineer
08-14-2003, 04:07 PM
But why wouldn't the guilds forum (Outlaws of Darkness - Dark Age of Camelot) belong in the Outlaw section of the forums?? I just don't see why it doesn't fit. Maybe I'm dense or something, but if you had a UT2003 team of players, I would suspect you would have a Outlaws UT2003 forum. But I would expect it to be under the Outlaw name.

Doesn't really make me a whole lot of difference. Just tryin to make sense out of it.

Slash
08-14-2003, 04:14 PM
As long as we make it clear to the non OUTLAWS guild members that they are DAOC Outlaws of Darkness members only then I don't have a problem leaving it here. DE, what we are trying to avoid is these new guys just assuming that they are regular OUTLAWS members.

Slash
08-14-2003, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Sepra@Aug 14 2003, 10:56 AM
Isnt this your own guild for Outlaws only? :hmmm: Why would you take it out of your forum?
Sepra, we have our normal outlaw clan here. In DAOC you need tons of people in a guild to be effective. We will be inviting lots of people to join us and we don't want them to be confused and we don't want to piss off our fellow real clansmen.

Sepra
08-14-2003, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Death Engineer@Aug 14 2003, 12:07 PM
But why wouldn't the guilds forum (Outlaws of Darkness - Dark Age of Camelot) belong in the Outlaw section of the forums?? I just don't see why it doesn't fit. Maybe I'm dense or something, but if you had a UT2003 team of players, I would suspect you would have a Outlaws UT2003 forum. But I would expect it to be under the Outlaw name.

Doesn't really make me a whole lot of difference. Just tryin to make sense out of it.
:wacko: I was having the same confusion DE. I understand now though, and not that it has anything to do with me (but you know Sepra :P ) I wouldnt want it in the Outlaws forum if I were them.

Maybe this guild should have it's own forum like Whitehawks. Shouldnt these new guild members have a private place to talk? Maybe you have other plans for this. Just my 2 cents from an ousider that knows absolutely nothing anyway........

Slash
08-14-2003, 04:30 PM
Hmmm. Definitely, something to ponder. :hmmm:

Sepra
08-14-2003, 04:33 PM
Well it just seems like it would be more out of place in the gaming section :WTF: It's so generalized there. Not very welcoming to newcomers IMO. :hmmm:

Death Engineer
08-14-2003, 06:05 PM
I personally just think this is the best fit for the guild forum location. It is reasonable to assume that DAOC members would not be full fledged OUTLAWS in the sense that all the old SS players are...with access to your pr0n...err...private area. In fact, most would never know there was anything there that they didn't have access to.

Whatever you do, we need to update the website link so it will show up on the herald. (I think a GM can do it with /gc website [html link])

As far as private access goes, I'm not sure of how much use that would be to us. We have the officer channel in the game and the main people that I assume would have access to the private forum are people that were already have Outlaws. So they could just start a thread up in there.

You may now return to your regularly scheduled spammage.

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-14-2003, 06:12 PM
Sounds good. We will leave it here. Majority voted for leave here.

Slash
08-14-2003, 06:34 PM
:thumbs:

OUTLAWS DirtGod
08-14-2003, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by Death Engineer@Aug 14 2003, 01:05 PM
You may now return to your regularly scheduled spammage.
:rofl:

FUS1ON
08-14-2003, 07:40 PM
Good because even though I don't play, I still like to read and hear about y'alls adventures. :jammin:

Death Engineer
08-14-2003, 09:01 PM
Hey Term....can you check to see if the guild permissions are setup yet? Thanks. :P

Seriously though, I was talkin' about linking them to the Gamemecca Forums -> Clans -> OUTLAWS of DARKNESS - Dark Age of Camelot page. **ziiiinga!!!ONEHUNDREDELEVEN!!!11!!1!**

Grimmy
08-14-2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Terminathare@Aug 14 2003, 04:20 PM
Ok...done...our web page looks like this :blink:

http://www.gamemecca.net/forums/index.php?act=SF&f=111
How long did it take you to make it look like that?? :shifty: :P

Death Engineer
08-14-2003, 10:11 PM
I think he means that the LINK looks like that (to be technical about it). :P

But I think that's fine. As long as they can get to the right place when they click on the link, who cares what the link looks like.

DE

EDIT: Maybe it takes some time to update on the herald, but it's still showing up as it was before currently.