PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Recommends Formating the Hard Disk

JIMINATOR
08-15-2003, 03:21 PM
lol, crackpots....

Nameless Foo writes "According to a publication on Nana's "Net Life" (an Israeli web site, Hebrew) and Ynet, Microsoft Israel recommends users to format their hard disks in order to rid themselfs of W32.Blaster. The annumncment on Microsoft Israel's web site has been allready modified it seems. Still, readers comments on Nana seem to find it some what hilarious. As some may recall, Microsoft Israel has recently campaigned against installing pirated copies of windows, claiming that "75% of computers not installed by retailers will crash". This seem to leave Israeli users somewhat bewidered.

http://www.pclinuxonline.com/modules.php?n...rticle&sid=7479 (http://www.pclinuxonline.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7479)

<<Hybrid>>
08-15-2003, 03:24 PM
:lol: is this a serious virus or MS created it to crash HDD&#39;s for illegal OS users???

JIMINATOR
08-15-2003, 03:34 PM
damn, i just reread that article. whoever wrote it could use a spellchecker... :hmmm:

Dissectional
08-15-2003, 04:53 PM
I read that. It was issued by Microsoft Isreal. They told everyone to format thier harddrives to get rid of the Blaster (yes, it&#39;s real) worm..LOL..The funny thing is the virus is easy to remove&#33; And most antivirus companys and Microsoft has issued removal instructions. Cracks me up.

Good find Jim.

JIMINATOR
08-15-2003, 05:08 PM
lol, did you see the second part - Microsoft Israel has recently campaigned against installing pirated copies of windows, claiming that "75% of computers not installed by retailers will crash".

what a bunch of :loser: :loser: :loser:

(this isn&#39;t to advocate piracy, but about the strongarm tactics being used...)

Dissectional
08-15-2003, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Aug 15 2003, 12:08 PM
lol, did you see the second part - Microsoft Israel has recently campaigned against installing pirated copies of windows, claiming that "75% of computers not installed by retailers will crash".

what a bunch of :loser: :loser: :loser:

(this isn&#39;t to advocate piracy, but about the strongarm tactics being used...)
Yeah, I read that too&#33; That sh|t just cracks me up...I have never brought my PC in for ANYTHING&#33;

Death-Dude
08-18-2003, 07:27 PM
From the same board that recommends amputating the leg to cure an ingrown toe.....