PDA

View Full Version : UT Help Needed

OUTLAWS Jag
08-18-2003, 05:11 AM
Ok I have a problem. Here it goes. I start to play UT2K and it runs fine for a couple of minutes then it completely freezes my computer up and I have to manually shut it down and restart. then when I start it up again it may run for another 10 minutes then the same thing happens :bandhead: . Would anyone have any soulutions or ideas as to why this happens. I have all the latest version updates.

My system specs are

P4 2.8 Ghz 800 FSB
1 Gig pc 3200 ram @ 400 mhz
Ati 9600 pro

ForrestFunk
08-18-2003, 09:24 AM
have you played it before? if not, there maybe errors in your ram modules...sounds strange, but all games with the new unrealengine require good working ram...dunno how to describe it exactly, but DWF dreamscreamer had the same problems as he got the game (everything worked fine, except UT2003 and Unreal2). he change his noname rammodules to "better" ones and after that all problems where gone!

so, if you have more then 1 module, only use one for testing, perhaps you can find the bad 1

hope that helps :wacko:

Pure_Evil
08-18-2003, 10:14 AM
There was a post by ME BIGG's that talked about driver issues with that card and UT, do you have the latest vid drivers?

SASQUATCH
08-18-2003, 11:20 AM
Do you have on the error reporting for your operating system on?

What this does is displays a blue screen containing error codes, and all computer operations stop.
The error reporting dialog box will be displayed after you restart your computer.

SAS

OUTLAWS Jag
08-18-2003, 04:29 PM
I am using samsung ram sticks

yes I have the latest driver updates and how do you turn on the error reporting

SASQUATCH
08-18-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Jag@Aug 18 2003, 11:29 AM
I am using samsung ram sticks

yes I have the latest driver updates and how do you turn on the error reporting
Go to the Control Panel and go to Performance and Maintenance and select system.

Tab over to Advance and press error Reporting and enable it ok.

SAS