PDA

View Full Version : cell phone booster

Fred Bear
08-19-2003, 07:10 AM
has anyone ever used one of these contraptions in there cell phone? Did it change the reception at all? They look like some kind of gimick to me.

FlameRush
08-19-2003, 07:16 AM
My friend has A Fart Cell phone, it dont beep/ring, it farts, he put one in he got ripped off on, it was used anyway, no way on rip off anyways, friend paid half of what the dude charged him...

solid snake295
08-19-2003, 07:37 AM
i've heard from other people that they work but personally i dont know

just out of curiosity, try putting a piece of tin foil behind your battery :WTF: might work like a bigger antenna, lol

Snip3r
08-19-2003, 07:51 AM
I have one and it works good, but it only last for like 9 months then it dies. It said so on the package. I usually get like 4 out of 5 bars with it in. When I didn't have it I got about 2 bars.

Slice
08-19-2003, 07:58 AM
I have Nextel. Don't think that would work with it, since they use kind of a different technology then the others. But maybe it would who knows....

Sepra
08-19-2003, 11:59 AM
Jag and I bought them because our reception is weak in certain areas around us so we tried those. They didnt increase anything :down:

After our plan expired we went with Nextel......much better choice in wireless service especially if you have family members and friends on the same service (because of the 'chirp' function) :thumbs:

:lol: I could even chirp slice

Sirc
08-19-2003, 12:03 PM
$20 for a piece of foil stuck to a piece of plastic? :blink:

And it doesn't even connect to anything - you just shove it inside your phone? I don't understand how it can possibily do anything at all. :WTF:

Sepra
08-19-2003, 12:08 PM
:unsure: Oh I didnt even see that price tag :unsure: 'I think' we only paid 5.00 for ours.

SALvation
08-19-2003, 01:20 PM
Scam. Stickers don't increase reception. If it did, why wouldn't companies already put these on their phones?

Drunken Warrior
08-19-2003, 01:41 PM
A guy tried to tell me that if your hand covers it, it won't work. I asked him to demonstrate how to hold the phone then and he did, holding it with 2 fingers down at the bottom part of the phone :rofl: I asked him "do I have to hold my pinky out too" he then got mad at me and went to a different customer, needless to say I did not buy it :rofl:

JIMINATOR
08-19-2003, 02:49 PM
i believe that installing a metal plate in your head would increase reception more.... :P

FUS1ON
08-19-2003, 03:19 PM
An antenna is tuned to work in a certain frequency range by it length, This fake plays on the public's perception that if a little is good, Then more should be better. Caveat Emptor LINK (http://www.cellantenna.com/internal_cell_phone_antenna.htm)