PDA

View Full Version : Terrorism caused the Blackout? Hmm...

::: DARK PSI :::
08-19-2003, 11:48 AM
Is it true.. or are they banking on the inadequacies of our own electrical system?

http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/b...breaking_5.html (http://www.worldtribune.com/worldtribune/breaking_5.html)

Sepra
08-19-2003, 11:51 AM
:unsure:

JIMINATOR
08-19-2003, 12:54 PM
i suspect it is wishful thinking in their part.
free publicity to take the credit for something that nobody is sure of how it happened.
i don't really see them as that clever.

SASQUATCH
08-19-2003, 01:01 PM
I don't believe they did it at all. They are trying to get the credit for it to boost there moral for the Al Qaida and other terrorism organizations.

It's bull **** to me. . . . Al Qaida = :loser:

SALvation
08-19-2003, 01:23 PM
This was on the news last night and they said there is no proof at all it was terrorism.

PJ'l_Master
08-19-2003, 01:26 PM
i suspect it is wishful thinking in their part.
free publicity to take the credit for something that nobody is sure of how it happened.
I completely agree! :thumbs:

Drunken Warrior
08-19-2003, 01:31 PM
For one thing it is not their style because no one committed suicide shutting off the power :loser:

SASQUATCH
08-19-2003, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by JIMINATOR@Aug 19 2003, 07:54 AM
I wouldn't say that because you would be surprise the history that goes back and never under estamate them especially some are very educated. If you would read some back ground on some of the members you would be surprise, also they have not gotten Osama bin Laden or Saddam and more. No way I would say that and it is easy to do a few things that can make peoples head turn and look twice.

Nothing is full proof in America or in any other place and history repeats it selves a bit at times and there will be another major thing that will happen again, but where and when is the question.

ME BIGGD01
08-19-2003, 01:37 PM
well i expected it was terroism from the start. there are no answers yet either why we had the blackout either. they say it's an old grid but still what caused it to go down. i don't even care anymore.

it amazes me we still can not find bin laden. did you ever watch those old gangster movies? the ones that when they were looking for someone and they would go to a few people and bang them up until they told where the person was they were looking for. we need this kind of approach. an example needs to be made and too bd we just havent made it and this will continue and continue and continue.

hey sas we need to get the hell out of here this september 11 which is my bday.

SASQUATCH
08-19-2003, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by Drunken Warrior@Aug 19 2003, 08:31 AM
For one thing it is not their style because no one committed suicide shutting off the power :loser:
Not true my friend because economically disruption can do the job just as bad as anything especially in America.

SASQUATCH
08-19-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by ME BIGGD01@Aug 19 2003, 08:37 AM

Let's go man and get the hell out of here! ;)

Jesus Fish
08-19-2003, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by Drunken Warrior@Aug 19 2003, 01:31 PM
:jammin: Yeah they die for their cause, whats next ohh yeah "we ummmm we did the wormy Microsquare I mean Microsoft wormy thing with our Afgan computers in our caves. It was quite simple we just put one of our tape worms in the thing and BAM!! sent it to those guys....Biotch" End Quote

Thundarr
08-19-2003, 04:49 PM
Nah, that's horsesh*t! The blackout was all us... Hopefully now it gets upgraded properly, though!!! It was just a matter of time! :rolleyes:

08-19-2003, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by ME BIGGD01@Aug 19 2003, 09:37 AM

9/11 is your birthday Bigg? That is rough.

Burn the Witch
08-19-2003, 06:03 PM
I wouldnt underestimate Terrorists. Its not clever :(

MR. SLiK
08-19-2003, 06:50 PM
holy **** man make your sig smaller, a lot smaller. are you compensating for something?

08-19-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by MR. SLiK@Aug 19 2003, 02:50 PM
holy **** man make your sig smaller, a lot smaller. are you compensating for something?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

PJ'l_Master
08-19-2003, 07:13 PM
For one thing it is not their style because no one committed suicide shutting off the power

:rolf1: :rolf1:

That is one he!! of a bad b-day present.

Mr Clean
08-19-2003, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by SASQUATCH@Aug 19 2003, 07:37 AM
I wouldn't say that because you would be surprise the history that goes back and never under estamate them especially some are very educated. If you would read some back ground on some of the members you would be surprise.
While I think that is true in a general way, in this specific instance there is no way that they could have been involved. You can't get a map of the US grid system, it is top secret information. When I worked on a hydraulics report for Ameren UE regarding their plant in Labadie, MO I had to get a government clearance and at the end of the project we had to turn over all copies of our work (by law). We weren't allowed to keep anything.

Nothing was physically damaged and you can't hack into the grid system so there is no way they could have been involved.

The real criminals in this are the tree-hugging environmentalists who continue to sue every time someone tries to build a new power plant. New plants are desperately needed all over the country (and in Canada too). The lines were not meant to carry huge amounts of voltage over great distances. People worry about the transportation infrastructure of America but the power infrastructure is actually much older.

If you have taken physics you will recall that the warmer a metal gets the more resistance it causes while carrying electrical current. Also, the longer the distance the currrent is carried the more is lost to reistance (which is given off as heat). It's August and summer is the peak of electrical demand in this country. That's why you have cooling fans in your PC so that it won't get too warm for the circuits to effectively and efficiently deliver the current in the processor. The lines failed because of these factors plus the automatic shutdown system was a little too "cautious". If New York and Ohio could build more plants they wouldn't have to import electricity from half a continent away.

Yes they have smart people. I also see the vast majority of them throwing rocks at Israeli tanks. They didn't pull this off.....

08-19-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Mr Clean@Aug 19 2003, 04:01 PM
Yes they have smart people. I also see the vast majority of them throwing rocks at Israeli tanks. They didn't pull this off.....
:lol:

Thundarr
08-20-2003, 02:56 AM
The real criminals in this are the tree-hugging environmentalists who continue to sue every time someone tries to build a new power plant.

Or the greedy Republicans who want their oil money so bad that they would rather drill in the US for more oil than fund research for an alternative fuel and/or power source... :blink: :hmmm:

Pure_Evil
08-20-2003, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Thundarr@Aug 19 2003, 10:56 PM

The real criminals in this are the tree-hugging environmentalists who continue to sue every time someone tries to build a new power plant.

Or the greedy Republicans who want their oil money so bad that they would rather drill in the US for more oil than fund research for an alternative fuel and/or power source... :blink: :hmmm:
:thumbs: :jammin: Nail hit on the head :thumbs: can you say SUV???