PDA

View Full Version : Me and my Gollum

SASQUATCH
08-20-2003, 12:28 AM
I told Gollum about the game and he can't wait to get and we are going to pick it up tomorrow morning guys.

Slash I was impress by the screenshots and I am going to join in with you guys and so will Gollum.

We are going to pickup the Gold edition of DAOC.

I wanted to ask you guys is there anything important that we should know or any ideas before we start playing an then
joining in with you guys would be really nice.

I have this feeling that me and gollum are going to get hooked in this game.

I like the idea of seeing all of us playing together. :thumbs:

Oops almost forgot that RIK from my doa he is going to get the game and we are going to get scorch in on this as well.

Thx Slash for the infor

SAS

Grimmy
08-20-2003, 12:31 AM
Umm if you choose to be a sorcerer or mage at first then then become a sorcerer, be prepared to die often. :bawling:

SASQUATCH
08-20-2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Aug 19 2003, 07:31 PM
Umm if you choose to be a sorcerer or mage at first then then become a sorcerer, be prepared to die often. :bawling:
:lol: :rofl:

You need to have skills man that is why. :rofl: j/k

Grimmy
08-20-2003, 12:35 AM
Well sorcerers are good casters, they don't have much armor or hit points with there weapon. They are for staying in the back of the pack (thanks Hare for telling me so many times :D) and casting on the monsters that the fighters are fighting.

Oh yea, one other thing I learned last night, the mezz spell rules if you are attacked or pull more then on monster! :jammin:

SASQUATCH
08-20-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Grimmy@Aug 19 2003, 07:35 PM
Well sorcerers are good casters, they don't have much armor or hit points with there weapon. They are for staying in the back of the pack (thanks Hare for telling me so many times :D) and casting on the monsters that the fighters are fighting.

Oh yea, one other thing I learned last night, the mezz spell rules if you are attacked or pull more then on monster! :jammin:
Thx Grimmy :thumbs:

When we pickup the game I will read everything about it and we will test it out before joining in with you guys.

If I see you guys fighting, I will run the other way like a coward. :rofl:

Grimmy
08-20-2003, 01:54 AM
:rofl:

Actually, I would read the manual as you install it. Takes a little bit to install. That will give you time to see what kind of character that you would like to be. With the gold edition, you should get a little map, and on the back of that is a keyboard layout, which is very helpful! Also, above and around that keyboard layout, there will be all the "/" commands. Some of them are helpful, but as you play you will become more familiar with them.

Also check out the starting out guide, or something of that sort that I think Machine started, in these forums. They give you a pretty good idea on how to get started. I didn't know anything, and once I finished my task, I didn't know what to do. Well go kill something till you level, and then go back, train, get a new task.

Then when you become level 5, you get to choose your path on what you would like to become. Once you get around level 5 or close to it, then someone can come and pick you up from where you are, and take you to a place we call PKB, it's a bridge and like our meeting point. There are several monsters to kill there of all different levels. Plus there are some uber plains and killing groups not too far from there, where you can go in groups, and get some serious exp for killing, then again die there too.

Hope that helps a little. Check out that starting guide that we created and check out some of the DAOC links. They are helpful!

:thumbs: Can't wait to see ya on there. Be sure to let us know your name so that we can add you to our friends list and know when you are online and such. :jammin:

SASQUATCH
08-20-2003, 02:37 AM
I just finish reading the history of the Hibernia, Midgard, and Albion.

Holy sh1t what a beautiful story behind it.

This is going to be fun I can tell and I look forward to it.

I will go in as SASQUATCH and I don't know how it works with you guys as team players.
If you guys have a team and a name with it, then I will go in as your team mate and use what ever names you use wih my name attached to it as SASQUATCH.

I am still reading it now and I enjoy reading this man.

Very impress by the stories and it's Mythology.

WOW! this is going to cool to play together as a team.

I will read what ever it takes to learn and to keep up with you guys.

You guys must be powerful by now man.

Once again thanks guys.

SASQUATCH
08-20-2003, 02:47 AM
I just download the beginners guide so that I can read it tonight before I get my hands on it tomorrow
and I also printed out the commands. Holy sh1T what a huge list.

SAS :thumbs:

Morpheus
08-20-2003, 03:04 AM
gratz sas, hope you have fun in DAOC, ill be there soon :wootrock:

solid snake295
08-20-2003, 03:40 AM
ya, im gettin this game to in a couple days. it looks awsome, check out all the housing stuff (linky) (http://www.camelotherald.com/housing/manual/items.php)
when i start im thinking about being an infiltrator, they seem pretty cool with the stealth and ability to use a weapon in each hand :thumbs:

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-20-2003, 04:14 AM
Make sure you download and print out the maps that are pinned in here. They are quite helpful. When in the game type /loc to get your grid location.

Definitly read the manual for this game.

SASQUATCH
08-20-2003, 12:01 PM
Thx man and we are going to pick it up right now me and my brother Gollum. :wootrock: :jammin: :thumbs:

See you guys soon! :jammin: :wave:

Slash
08-20-2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Aug 19 2003, 11:14 PM
Make sure you download and print out the maps that are pinned in here. They are quite helpful. When in the game type /loc to get your grid location.

Buying the prima strategy guide is not a bad idea either.

SASQUATCH
08-20-2003, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Slash+Aug 20 2003, 07:05 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Slash @ Aug 20 2003, 07:05 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--OUTLAWS The Machine@Aug 19 2003, 11:14 PM

Buying the prima strategy guide is not a bad idea either. [/b][/quote]
Thx Slash. :thumbs:

OUTLAWS DirtGod
08-20-2003, 12:09 PM
Glad to hear we have sucked another to the dark side....:)

Hope to see you in game SAS

SASQUATCH
08-20-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS DirtGod@Aug 20 2003, 07:09 AM
Glad to hear we have sucked another to the dark side....:)

Hope to see you in game SAS
:rofl: :lol: :thumbs:

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-20-2003, 01:20 PM
I have not seen the strategy guide only the atlas. Do I need to get a copy?

Death Engineer
08-20-2003, 02:26 PM
The Prima strategy guide has alot of good info in it. However, because the game is constantly patched, much of the information in it is wrong. I&#39;ve always been able to find what I&#39;m looking for online. Some people used to buy it because they used to have alt+tab disabled in the game. And if you did it, the game would just close abruptly. :blink: But now that they&#39;ve fixed that, I haven&#39;t ever had a problem just finding whatever I&#39;m looking for and then coming back.

DE

Mr Clean
08-20-2003, 03:38 PM
Sas, glad to hear so man of you are going to check the game out&#33; :thumbs:

SASQUATCH
08-20-2003, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS Terminathare@Aug 20 2003, 08:59 AM
I haven&#39;t checked out the maps.....but this book has helped me out tremendously :thumbs:

Linky (http://www.primagames.com/strategy/book/6134/)
I pickup that book and the game already and have install it too.

Now about the attack.
What I notice is that it controls the swing when fighting or should I say
when you get close to the enemy it begins to swing for you, which I don&#39;t like
or am I doing something wrong.

The next and most important thing is that it mentions a fee to play monthly on-line or so
in order to play. &#036;12.95 for 3 months I believe and etc. At this time there is a 30 day trial
on-line. Not a good thing for many kids or customers to play a this game.

Now about the game.
I am going to continue to play it and get use to it and read the manual, but I am sorry to say that I was not impress but willing to give it chance before I make my last comments about the game.

I think the story is great and so are the characters and again will give it a chance because of you guys believe that this game is good and many of you are playing it and it is only fair to give it a chance.

Gollum has played it a bit as well and he loves games like this but he was not impress by it and he feels that Diablo is a better game but he is willing to give it a chance when he comes back from work and I will try it again tonight as soon as I get this CD working because it&#39;s now not working.

I was born to have bad luck with systems.

Anyway if you guys can give me more of an idea why I would enjoy playing this game it may help me understand and prepare to join you guys.

I hope I didn&#39;t disappoint you guys by my half so call reviews but it is not over yet and maybe things can change once I get the chance to know the game more.

BTW my uncle Dave who use to be a DOA and his name was Taz, didn’t like it at all and he loves game like this but he was very much against the game and will not play it at all after he was playing with it this morning.

What can I tell you but only hope that I maybe wrong about what I may feel about the game but again I will give it a chance.

Thank you

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-20-2003, 06:06 PM
Once you engage in combat with someone, you do not have to keep clicking attack. Which is a very good thing because soon you will have much more to worry about during combat then to keep clicking attack. This game like others is based on old D&D. Your skill does not have anything to do with how will you hit an opponent. It is the skill of the character that you are playing. As you advance in levels your character gets better at hitting and damaging enemies.

What I do is when I get close to an enemy I hit my select nearest enemy button then hit my stick button. Sticking to an enemy is awesome because if he goes after another one of your party members you automatically stay with him and do not have to manually run after him.

the first 30 days are free and after that it is &#036;12.95 per month. Which is only 40 cents a day. Pretty cheap entertainment in my book. :thumbs:

It can be a little slow when you start out and there is a learning curve but it gets a whole lot better. the main thing to concentrate on is getting leveled up. at first everything wants to attack but as you level up enemies become weaker and will not bother you.

It is good to try to group with others near the same level as you. Get together with gollum and fight togeter. If you group with someone you need to form a group or you will not get the experience points. Just click on whom you want to group with and click the invite button. Click on the right most button on the top right of your screen and you will see the invite button.

What is it that you guys do not like btw?

What type of character are you playing?

Where did you start the game at?

Slash
08-20-2003, 07:15 PM
SAS, give it a little time. Like Machine says this game does have a steep learning curve. Once you get into it you will be addicted like the rest of us. Oh, and the graphics alone blow Diablo II right out of the water. (no offense to any Diablo players) :jammin:

Death Engineer
08-20-2003, 08:20 PM
This thread title makes me think of an old PBS song called "Me and my llama". :P Ahhhhhh...to be 4 again.

Back to the subject at hand:

SAS...this game isn&#39;t for everyone. However, if you like RPG games, then I would think this game would appeal to you. Understand that the learning curve is INTENSELY steep and that it will take some time before you realize how vast the world is around you and how many other people are playing alongside you.

In short, give it a shot. If you still don&#39;t like it, hey...not everyone likes the same things, right? Individuality and diversity is what makes this country great. :cool:

DE

OUTLAWS Tip
08-21-2003, 02:22 AM
SAS, I know how you feel.

I felt the exact same way. I played the first day for about 8 hours and wasn&#39;t impressed. Especially since I started on the wrong island and had to start over to play with my buds on the right island. Spent about 6 hours yesterday and got a little more comfortable with it. Then late last night I hooked up with some of the Outlaws of Darkness and they hooked me up big time. Thanks T-hare&#33;&#33;, and the others that tried. I am such a nob at this game I couldn&#39;t even figure the basics and I am still learning them. The game is pretty complex, so it takes a while to figure out what you are really supposed to be doing. It is a lot different than what I would normally play. I alway thought RPG&#39;s were boring, but once you start going it kind of grows on you. I was ready to stick it in my crap baskett after the first day, but decided I would give it at least a week or until the first free month was over. Now I am starting to think I might be bucking up the monthly fee. Time will tell, but me thinks I will end up really liking this game.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

JIMINATOR
08-21-2003, 04:04 AM
hmmm, my wife would shoot me if i found another game
to spend a whole bunch of time on.....

Slash
08-21-2003, 04:14 AM
Me feels Jim being drawn slowly but surely to the dark side&#33; :devil:

GOLLUM
08-21-2003, 05:30 AM
Well I have the game I will Start to play thursday night. "So I can spend time on it" I have a long weakend And trust me I will figure this game out. It is true with most role playing/mytical games. It stars slow but gets better. I really look forward to playing with all of you guys.

I really like role playing games Played Gothic, Diablo 1 & 2, lords of the rings Back in the days Savage Empire..ETC etc...

I have 2 question for the moment.
1 is If I make A copy can both me and my brother play under the same key code. Or do we need a different one.

2nd is I like warrior character. Need to be where the battle is. Which would you recommend as for warriors.

Thank you
Gollum

Ps
Hey SAS Me and my gollum What am I your pet. LOL

SASQUATCH
08-21-2003, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by GOLLUM@Aug 21 2003, 12:30 AM
Ps
Hey SAS Me and my gollum What am I your pet.* LOL
Here pussy, pussy, pussy cat come to SAS and here is your milk. :devil:

I was typing so fast that is why you anal breath. :devil:

What you have said guys is true and machine I will get back to you on that so that I can first get the hang of the game before I can answer the question.

The money is nothing but I was surprise because what I would hate to see is games begin to do this and it will add up if you play a lot of games. I just hope that every game industry will not get the idea of beginning this monthly fee.

Anyway I will give it a chance and what Tips mention is a big factor and again will give a chance.

My system is slow is **** and will be getting one very soon but I am thinking of going with the 64 bit that also runs the 32 bit apps which is coming out sometime in the middle of September.

Again I will give it chance and thank you all very much for your advice. ;) :thumbs:

SAS

FUS1ON
08-21-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by SASQUATCH@Aug 21 2003, 01:05 AM
I just hope that every game industry will not get the idea of beginning this monthly fee.

Whoop there it is&#33; Exactly why I hate the "Pay to play" concept.
Next thing ya know some bean counter somewhere at a software company is gonna say to himself, Hmmm you know what we ought to do? :hmmm:

solid snake295
08-21-2003, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS SHOGUN+Aug 21 2003, 02:21 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (OUTLAWS SHOGUN @ Aug 21 2003, 02:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--SASQUATCH@Aug 21 2003, 01:05 AM
I just hope that every game industry will not get the idea of beginning this monthly fee.

Whoop there it is&#33; Exactly why I hate the "Pay to play" concept.
Next thing ya know some bean counter somewhere at a software company is gonna say to himself, Hmmm you know what we ought to do? :hmmm: [/b][/quote]
ya, i hate thoses damn bean counters....
i added up the stats and from all the people that are playing the game company is making 2.9 million bucks a month. greedy buggers :yohoho: im sure the servers dont cost THAT much to maintain. i hope they&#39;re enjoying there beer and strippers :P

OUTLAWS The Machine
08-21-2003, 07:21 AM
You will need 2 seperate copies of the game for both of you tp play.

SASQUATCH
08-21-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by OUTLAWS The Machine@Aug 21 2003, 02:21 AM
You will need 2 seperate copies of the game for both of you tp play.
:thumbs:

Slash
08-21-2003, 10:40 AM
MMORPG&#39;s are not like other games. An online, never ceasing, ever evolving, universe has to be maintained and modified. It is totally reasonable for them to be charging a monthly fee. It would be completely unreasonable for Sam or UT or any other fps game to charge.

OUTLAWS WHOCARES
08-21-2003, 11:15 AM
Sas I have been playing for about a week now and there have been 2 patches with long long lists of added stuff.

SASQUATCH
08-22-2003, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by Slash@Aug 21 2003, 05:40 AM
MMORPG&#39;s are not like other games. An online, never ceasing, ever evolving, universe has to be maintained and modified. It is totally reasonable for them to be charging a monthly fee. It would be completely unreasonable for Sam or UT or any other fps game to charge.
I understand what you mean Slash.

My brother is playing the game and he will let me know more about the game and so far it&#39;s looking better like you said guys.

He will be joining you guys very soon and he will be playing tonight and get to the level where evenually he can join you guys.

I will sit back and wait for Gollum and then I will go buy another DAOC and join you guys.

I still must wait until I get the new system which should be next week or in two weeks for sure and then I can install the game.

The requirements for the game is a 700 Mhz system etc and I am running a slower system, so I will have to wait because it runs bad on my system.

Thx once again guys for the help and info.

SAS